The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

9 minutes ago, Chalky said:

So instead of helping Kassian when he needed it, we traded for Prust and gave up a pick in a deep draft.  So now we have no Prust, no 2016 5th and no Kassian.  Well done JB.  That one didn't pan out, try to do better at the deadline please.  

The clowns are all coming out of the woodwork this morning.

Are you not at all aware that both the Gillis regime and the current one tried to work with him?  It was previous management that put him into Stage 1, and everyone in current management tried to get him straightened out.  Not to mention Prust is still in the organization, but facts get in the way of any opportunity to bash Benning.

"JB traded Kassian and a 5th for nothing" 

Chill, Montreal also traded Kassian. Who knows if he'll stick in Edmonton, he may get buried in in minors yet again. Also we may get a 4th or 5th pick back yet at TDL. Relax people did you want to keep Hammer or Hank in the pressbox until TDL? Someone HAD to be waived.....

******get's a chill thinking about the next CDC reaction to the pending waiver (Weber?)*****

6 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Not at all.  But I'm willing to bet that going forward, Kassian (let alone Kassian and the 5th) make a bigger contribution at the NHL level than Prust. 

Wow that's a bold prediction. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The real trade was lost when we traded Hodgson for Kassian. If we had traded for any other player we'd probably still have them.

Both players ended up on waivers so it's no real loss. I'm not gonna lose sleep over a 5th round pick.

Prust deserves to be on waivers. He had little value to this team or any other team the way he was playing. I'm sure Montreal took a look at him and passed.

This! Never had a problem trading Hodgson, just the way it was done.

20 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

another loss on Bennings trade record, there adding up.  

We don't have Kassian, that put us ahead by more than a 5th round pick.

Addition by subtraction.

I would have thought we could get a low round pick for Prust, and I don't generally overvalue our players.  Might still happen at the deadline I guess.

15 minutes ago, Chalky said:

So instead of helping Kassian when he needed it, we traded for Prust and gave up a pick in a deep draft.  So now we have no Prust, no 2016 5th and no Kassian.  Well done JB.  That one didn't pan out, try to do better at the deadline please.  

we did help kassian, by trading him

3 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

People pay a heck of a lot more for useless rentals.  That's all he was was that.. A rental.  Here, let me break it down for you even further..  He was an insurance policy n all of our kids.. If somebody didn't step up, we had a vet to fill in so the kids didn't lose development time. A 5th and a problem child are well worth that! Keep in mind I'm a kassian fan pulling for him but also a business man :)

I guess you forgot the part where Benning said he was there to create a safe working environment for the kids.  How did that work out for us?  Do I need to "break it down for you" any further?

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

He did help Kassian, or try to.  He went to rehab atleast once while a Canuck.  Then he gave him a second chance by trading him to a new team for a fresh start while bringing in someone who was said to be a character guy.  Prust has no one to blame but himself.  Look at what Chicago has done with the Patrick Sharp return, if you bring in a player and it's not working out then why keep him around?

Fair enough, it was still a bad trade.  I hope JB does better at the deadline.  I still think more could have been done by a club that is rooted in assisting those with mental illness.  I don't know the exact particulars, but I feel like more should have been done for Kassian.

7 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

so benning s team was supposed to be a puck possession team as he claimed. lol look up those stats. not even close.   NOW LOOK AT THE STANDINGS..       on the fly??????  lol   not even close.        prust got his way, hes going back to the east as Utica is near his home. this was an epic fail from the start as prusts comments the day he was traded.   at least they are in the lottery, cant wait for our next American born USHL 2016 FIRST ROUNDER.    welcome to the rookie regime, don't worry they are only temps.

Can't wait for the day when you're banned.

16 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I guess you missed the part where JB put Zack through Stage 1 of the Substance Abuse program. After which Zack plowed into a tree while intoxicated. Don't let facts get in the way, or anything.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The real trade was lost when we traded Hodgson for Kassian. If we had traded for any other player we'd probably still have them.

Both players ended up on waivers so it's no real loss. I'm not gonna lose sleep over a 5th round pick.

Prust deserves to be on waivers. He had little value to this team or any other team the way he was playing. I'm sure Montreal took a look at him and passed.

It wasn't trading Hodgson that was the problem. It was the timing and what we got back. If Gillis had simply sucked it up, played Hodgson. I'm pretty sure he would have padded his stats at the end of the season. Then let everyone know Hodgson was available, and got a prospect and a pick for him. What bugs me more is we don't get top 10 picks that often, it just hurts it doesn't pan out. 

1 minute ago, Chalky said:

Fair enough, it was still a bad trade.  I hope JB does better at the deadline.  I still think more could have been done by a club that is rooted in assisting those with mental illness.  I don't know the exact particulars, but I feel like more should have been done for Kassian.

You know you can't really do much for people who won't help themselves, right?

2 minutes ago, canucks411 said:

******get's a chill thinking about the next CDC reaction to the pending waiver (Weber?)*****

Yeah, even though they hate Weber it'll be another opportunity to bash Benning.

"Holy crap, we got another guy in the minors while we eat big cap.  WTG Benning, another big screw-up signing this loser."

To the contrary -- kudos to JB for doing what's necessary to both improve the team now, and move forward with the rebuild.  People cry out for the transition to youth, but then wail when it actually happens... AND AT THE POTENTIAL COST OF A FIFTH ROUND PICK!!!
:picard:

I imagine the ringleading radio whiners like Sekeres will be priming the pump over this one, too.

3 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Buffalo, Vancouver, Montreal, and now Edmonton. Is it the player or the team? 

Archived