The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where would Kassian have fit in this rebuild?

Sedin Brothers

On 2/2/2016 at 0:52 PM, Sedin Brothers said:

I have been a big-time Benning believe, and loved him trading away Lack, while picking up Prust (originally) because I thought he would have made a difference for our team character-wise. Obviously that blew up in our face.

So it seems like we lost the Prust-Kassian trade (although Montreal lost as well). Thinking about the Sedin's talking about how much they liked playing with Zack it had me thinking about what if he got the opportunity to play on the first line this year with all the young guns. We all know success changes the way a player plays, and if he took that first line spot with the Sedin's I have little doubt he would have clicked.

I think this would have been the year to give him a shot to break out of that hold that's been stopping him from reaching his true potential. Hansen has had great looks with the Sedin's and Vrbata looked great with them last year.

I understand he's not on the team, but I just wanted to see others opinion of how he would have been used this year. Prust obviously has a limited time here.

He's not in the plans he missed the boat, he missed the boat. There's no what ifs. 

Archived