The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Talking To Media

Boddy604

33 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/48c23f04-560a-44b7-9659-dd729d17f61f

Talks about Prust being put on waivers and potentially still being traded. The signing of Biega. And how the plan is to give the young guys like Virtanen "a lot more ice time for the rest of the season to let them develop".

That sounds like tank talk to me boys! I love having a gm that changes his plans when situations change. Trader Jim seems to have no ego to feed. 

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

You have to admit though, the interviewers always ask questions that cannot be answered publicly.

he comes off a little more believable than watching gillis sweat through it leaving u thinking he bs,s his way out of the question,s

Just now, TexasCanuck said:

So...It cost us a 5th round pick to get rid of Kassian.  Not Benning's finest moment.  

Uhhhhhh no. A Prust that has cleared waivers, like a WHOLE bunch of others have already mentioned is a moveable asset at this time of year. He most likely will clear, and the TDL is a perfect time to try and trade him. 

7 minutes ago, TexasCanuck said:

So...It cost us a 5th round pick to get rid of Kassian.  Not Benning's finest moment.  

If that is his worst moment then we are doing just fine.  Kassian had problems, Prust looked promising.  When Prust didn't deliver JB cut his losses.  That to me sounds like a GM that isn't afraid to admit a mistake.  I like it.

Be interesting to see who qualifies as the "kids" who will be getting a lot more ice time.  If it is Shink and Gaunce as well as the players already on the roster, well, the season will be a lot of fun.  Maybe playoffs, probably not, but certainly interesting.  Much closer to what most of us have wanted for a couple of months.  Kind of a subtle tank lol, light to medium tank, Recon size.

31 minutes ago, chon derry said:

still some hope to reclaim the 5th rd pick.  liken how open he is with his interviews compared to gillis.

I like it from a selfish standpoint. From a concerned Canucks fans standpoint , it's probably a bad idea 

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

I like it from a selfish standpoint. From a concerned Canucks fans standpoint , it's probably a bad idea 

how come? if we can flip prust for a 5th , the one we threw in with kassian i can't see how that would be bad?

32 minutes ago, chon derry said:

how come? if we can flip prust for a 5th , the one we threw in with kassian i can't see how that would be bad?

I meant Benning constantly divulging his plans to the media. There is a reason most GM s are tight lipped. 

Archived