The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Gazdic, Halischuk

86Viking

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Kassian has officially bumped this guy to the minors.

Zack gets TOI of about 8 minutes last night against the Blue Jackets. Had to laugh a little as he played the heavy game that the Canucks always wanted from him. Had a couple of nice shifts with Zack controlling the puck in the ozone. Ended up with an assist. Limited ice but thought he played well.

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Zack gets TOI of about 8 minutes last night against the Blue Jackets. Had to laugh a little as he played the heavy game that the Canucks always wanted from him. Had a couple of nice shifts with Zack controlling the puck in the ozone. Ended up with an assist. Limited ice but thought he played well.

Ya he did play well and you're right, ironically he did play that heavy bottom 6 role. In my opinion if he continues to play that role and stays sober he may very well have a successful career.

Kassian with 3 points in his last 4 NHL games and he's come out hitting hard.

That Prust trade was bound to fail. Looked good the first 9 games of the season but I always knew that was a mistake waiting to happen. 

Say what you want about him but he scored 10 goals in 42 games with us last season. For his cap hit, a 20-goal pace and big tough man is pretty damn good. Stupid move by Benning. Looks like he's cleaned up his act and getting all professional again. We want tough guys, we want scorers, we want speed, yet we replace Kassian with Etem. No fan or even media member knows what's going on behind the scenes so I don't think it's anyone's place to judge that, but in terms of pure on-ice performance I know who I'd rather have in our bottom-6 right now.

21 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Kassian with 3 points in his last 4 NHL games and he's come out hitting hard.

That Prust trade was bound to fail. Looked good the first 9 games of the season but I always knew that was a mistake waiting to happen. 

Say what you want about him but he scored 10 goals in 42 games with us last season. For his cap hit, a 20-goal pace and big tough man is pretty damn good. Stupid move by Benning. Looks like he's cleaned up his act and getting all professional again. We want tough guys, we want scorers, we want speed, yet we replace Kassian with Etem. No fan or even media member knows what's going on behind the scenes so I don't think it's anyone's place to judge that, but in terms of pure on-ice performance I know who I'd rather have in our bottom-6 right now.

ya its too bad he got involved with drugs and wasnt able to make it work here. He was close to the end of his nhl career if he doesnt shape up and become a team guy and stay focused on hockey. Edm took a very LOW risk on him. A overpaid AHL goalie for a mid 20s big winger with skill, smart move by Chiarelli if you ask me the risk was literally nothing

Archived