The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

Seemed to be the plan from draft day -- two more years in the KHL then bring him over.  Starting him in Utica is ideal, to get his feet wet on the smaller ice, then a full summer of working out in the organization.  With Weber and Bartkowski's contracts expiring, the path is clear for him to take a spot at training camp.

The remainder of this season should be used to get guys like Tryamkin, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, etc some meaningful games at the NHL level. I say put them in position to play where you think you might want them to if they make it as full time players. That is what the best teams at developing players seem to do. They don't try to change their prospects into something they are not. They take advantage of their strengths and accept that their weaknesses need work and will mean mistakes.

I havnt been able to catch much of his play for obvious reasons.. Of course would love to see an ISO, but maybe we have somebody over that way that has seen his play?  I know we Canucks come from everywhere :)  just curious how he's playing and how his development has come along. (not the Benning reports, heard those)

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The remainder of this season should be used to get guys like Tryamkin, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, etc some meaningful games at the NHL level. I say put them in position to play where you think you might want them to if they make it as full time players. That is what the best teams at developing players seem to do. They don't try to change their prospects into something they are not. They take advantage of their strengths and accept that their weaknesses need work and will mean mistakes.

Bring up Pedan while you're at it. So we'd have more than one Russian speaker on the team.

Watched him in the Spengler - he seems to be adapting very well to the pro-game, albeit on the different ice surface. 

Very interested how his game translates to the NA style? 

The sooner he gets under the guidance of Green in Utica the better IMO. 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Watched him in the Spengler - he seems to be adapting very well to the pro-game, albeit on the different ice surface. 

Very interested how his game translates to the NA style? 

The sooner he gets under the guidance of Green in Utica the better IMO. 

He likely won't unless it's for conditioning.

14 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

He likely won't unless it's for conditioning.

So thinking he's ready for he show?  He's got such an intriguing package (keep it clean ppl!). Having that Chara poke check alone is exactly what we need.. Havnt even seen him play and I'm still sure he couldn't be worse than Weber this year lol

Archived