The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

The reason Tryamkin should come over now is he would burn a year off his ELC. As soon as his KHL season ends he'd sign and come over, burn off 1 year of his ELC and also all parties get to see where he's at. He'll know what to improve on in the summer and Canucks can guide him in that process. 

I think it's as good as done, we'll see him soon.

And he's not coming over to play in the AHL, nor should he. That would be stupid. Why would he want to play in the AHL for 70k a year when he can make many times that playing in his home country and in a better league. It's NHL or KHL.

I fully agree,\i mean next year I see our D like this

Edler  Tanev

Tryamkin  ??? , Fedun??  ,Pedan ?? 

Sbisa Hutton

Unless there is a trade or free agent D man we can get!!!

Trymkin will get every shot to make this team and I think he will be in the starting roster!

On 2016-02-04 at 4:55 PM, chickenman92 said:

I agree...How may Russians say, I want to be an NHLer...Then head back when they are asked to back-check and play a team game? There's a reason why there are only 36 Russians in the NHL...and it's not because they are bad at hockey. 

People still have this assumption when the best back-checker over the past decade has been Datsyuk. Plenty of prominent NA not wanting to backcheck (Kessel).

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

I fully agree,\i mean next year I see our D like this

Edler  Tanev

Tryamkin  ??? , Fedun??  ,Pedan ?? 

Sbisa Hutton

Unless there is a trade or free agent D man we can get!!!

Trymkin will get every shot to make this team and I think he will be in the starting roster!

Hutton will probably be good enough for that 2nd line spot, his free skating style should compliment Tryamkin (I'm assuming he's a stay at home type guy?). That will leave Pedan/Fedun with Sbisa, an intimidating pair that should hit a lot. 

54 minutes ago, unknown33429 said:

People still have this assumption when the best back-checker over the past decade has been Datsyuk. Plenty of prominent NA not wanting to backcheck (Kessel).

Russian have been regulars in the NHL for roughly 25. In that time, there are two, off the top of my head, that are two way players. Hardly a change in style of player.

12 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

Russian have been regulars in the NHL for roughly 25. In that time, there are two, off the top of my head, that are two way players. Hardly a change in style of player.

Larionov, Fedorov, Datsyuk. There I named more than 2 already. I'm sure others can add to the list.

11 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Larionov, Fedorov, Datsyuk. There I named more than 2 already. I'm sure others can add to the list.

Ovie can play both ways, he just prefers to play one way very, very well. Can't blame him. I would score and run guys over as well. 

17 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

Your right, I would never want sonmeone like Malkin on my team. If you didn't catch it, I'm being sarcastic 

My above post about him coming over and burning off a year is only half right. I need to revise it a bit.

Tryamkin birthday is Aug 30 so he'll be 22 in Aug. Which means if he signs after that he would get a 2 year ELC and if before then it would be a 3 year ELC. 

Either way he'll have 2 years on ELC starting next season, doesn't matter if he comes over this year or next.  

If Tryamkin came over this year he would burn off 1 year but that year would automatically burn off if he signed next year because he'll be 22 on Aug 30. 

CBA rules re ELCs are 

18 to 21 years old = 3 year ELC

22 or 23 years old = 2 year ELC

24 years old plus =  1 year ELC.

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

One of the all time greats before he came over to NHL.

He just never got assimilated to the North American way of life. A great player though. 

Krutov was in the Red Army.  From a young age, he was told what to do and when to do it.  When to practice, when to eat, when to sleep....everything.  When the structure was gone, he couldn't cope.  That, and what you said. 

Just now, Crabcakes said:

Krutov was in the Red Army.  From a young age, he was told what to do and when to do it.  When to practice, when to eat, when to sleep....everything.  When the structure was gone, he couldn't cope.  That, and what you said. 

What to eat, when to sleep what to do, when to do it.....

You mean the reason Canucks kept Virtanen in the NHL this year?... So they can control his environment.....

Or is it different when a 'foreign team' does those things. Because being on the Red Army team was worse than being in prison in the west. You know, it was a gulag.

American propaganda will mess with your head. lol::D

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What to eat, when to sleep what to do, when to do it.....

You mean the reason Canucks kept Virtanen in the NHL this year?... So they can control his environment.....

Or is it different when a 'foreign team' does those things. Because being on the Red Army team was worse than being in prison in the west. You know, it was a gulag.

American propaganda will mess with your head. lol::D

Or, WHL Rocks will mess with my head.....

The Cold War was serious business and was all about winning hearts and minds as to which system was the best.

Jake just needs a little peer support.  Not Viktor Tikhonov.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Or, WHL Rocks will mess with my head.....

The Cold War was serious business and was all about winning hearts and minds as to which system was the best.

Jake just needs a little peer support.  Not Viktor Tikhonov.

It's amazing how brainwashed people can get.

During the cold war for a decade I lived in a country which was very close to the Soviet Union politically. I lived there while the country went thru  emergency rule and civil liberties were suspended, meaning no rights as per the constitution.

I always get a good laugh when people in North America make comments on how it was to live in these types of countries. Ignorance is comedic and they just have these crazy ideas in their head.

Seriously, people actually think Red Army players or people living in the country were told when to sleep, when to eat, when to work etc. etc. etc. It's like they were robots and couldn't smile or laugh or enjoy themselves in day to day life. 

It was nothing like that. Not even close. Life just went on completely normal during the years of emergency rule. People laughed, they danced, they sang, they worked they slept just as you would here in Canada. Only difference was people weren't allowed to vote in Federal Elections. In Canada 40% of the population doesn't vote in Federal Elections anyways. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

During the cold war for a decade I lived in a country which was very close to the Soviet Union politically. I lived there while the country went thru  emergency rule and civil liberties were suspended, meaning no rights as per the constitution.

I always get a good laugh when people in North America make comments on how it was to live in these types of countries. Ignorance is comedic and they just have these crazy ideas in their head.

Seriously, people actually think Red Army players or people living in the country were told when to sleep, when to eat, when to work etc. etc. etc. It's like they were robots and couldn't smile or laugh or enjoy themselves in day to day life. 

It was nothing like that. Not even close. Life just went on completely normal during the years of emergency rule. People laughed, they danced, they sang, they worked they slept just as you would here in Canada. Only difference was people weren't allowed to vote in Federal Elections. In Canada 40% of the population doesn't vote in Federal Elections anyways. 

That's actually really interesting and I thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge.  I accept I was (am) one of the ignorant.  It's important to accept the truth and change our ignorance.  Why move here though, if life was good there too?  Climate?  

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Yeah, back on Krutov though, I remember when him an Larionov came over. I was ecstatic. I had watched them play over the years and couldn't be happier being a Canucks fan. 

Larionov adjusted to the Canadian way of life right away. He took English lessons and was generally happy to be here. Krutov never liked it. He missed his country too much. Never learned English, didn't take on to Canadian way of life. It wasn't his cup of tea.

I have friends and family members who moved to Canada when they were in their 20's. I can tell you it's not easy. Every single person missed his previous country and way of life. For over a year they mostly talk about how much they miss things the way they were, after a year and close to 2 years they get used to our way of life. It's a process and not everyone takes on to it. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's actually really interesting and I thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge.  I accept I was (am) one of the ignorant.  It's important to accept the truth and change our ignorance.  Why move here though, if life was good there too?  Climate?  

Life was good there  but my family moved here for the same reasons as your family did. We all immigrated here for similar reasons.

LIfe is good in Western Europe but most Canadians come from that part of the world. 

I still go back. They went thru economic reforms and opened up the economy to the world a few years after I moved here. It's been decades now. I still have family and friends there, keep in regular contact and visit as well. 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes, of course.  Since the fall of the Iron Curtain, what you say has come to light.  Regular people lived normal enough lives.  The face of those nations that was presented to the west was strictly controlled by the government which until the 80's was mostly what we had to go by.

On topic, Krutov was a soldier and a hockey player. Athletes were one of the things that the eastern block presented to the west.  They were symbols of why their system was better.  The most egregious example is the East German Womens swim team who in the 1970's held all of the records because the girls were forced to take hormones.  Krutov was a soldier and lived a soldiers life.  Even in the west, the life of a soldier is highly regulated and structured.  I was just saying that when Krutov left the army and came to play hockey with the Canucks, he lost the structure.  He was a grown man but never had so many choices in his life and didn't know how to do a lot of basic things to care for himself.  He also had more money than he had ever seen before.  In short, he ate a lot.  Like you say, he didn't have the skill with language that Larionov had and didn't assimilate well.  It's a sad story really.

Archived