The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

2 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

So thinking he's ready for he show?  He's got such an intriguing package (keep it clean ppl!). Having that Chara poke check alone is exactly what we need.. Havnt even seen him play and I'm still sure he couldn't be worse than Weber this year lol

@Aladeen can you work your magic with this? :lol:

No, all I was meaning is he's making more money in the KHL than he is here. If he cares about money, he'll go back if he doesn't make the team. If he cares about his skill and the NHL, we might see him down for longer than a conditioning assignment.

20 hours ago,  SilentSam said: 

Have to eassily agree with Jazz,  lots of footage on YouTube,. be sure to go to more recent footage..  Looked Solid in the Spengler over the holidays, dont forget, this young man is 21-22, and for his size he is one of the most exceptional skaters ive seen. usually  Logging 20mins of ice time on that big sheet..  And i dont see a problem going to the NA ice sheet..  His mobility is similar to Buff.  Really hope we get him over here to Utica or a stint with Canucks after his KHL season ends, tenetavly end of Feb.

stole this from the Trymakin thread.. Sounds VERY nice! Takes all my anger from that "other" thread away!

22 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

So thinking he's ready for he show?  He's got such an intriguing package (keep it clean ppl!). Having that Chara poke check alone is exactly what we need.. Havnt even seen him play and I'm still sure he couldn't be worse than Weber this year lol

You said package. uh huh huh huh....huh huh huh.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tanev, Hutton, Biega, Trymakin, Pedan, Subban, and Brisebois. Oh my goodness.

Size, grit, speed, skill, and offensive flair. And if Benning could somehow add Chychurn (sp?) to that list? Dammmmmmmmmmn!

All that is great but we still need a top pair. None of those guys project that high (we'll see about Hutton, he could explode). This is why I hope Benning takes a defenseman this year. There are at least 2-3 guys that could be top pairing in the future, just in the top-10

6 hours ago, Baer. said:

All that is great but we still need a top pair. None of those guys project that high (we'll see about Hutton, he could explode). This is why I hope Benning takes a defenseman this year. There are at least 2-3 guys that could be top pairing in the future, just in the top-10

Shea Weber and Duncan Keith are two prime examples of players drafted outside of the first round that were not projected to be top pairing defensemen.......look how that turned out.

All the same, I believe Benning's eyes will be on loading up the defensive prospect pool at the draft.

In my opinion, a far more pressing need is to acquire a top pairing defenseman to mentor and lead the defensive corps. Hamhuis is probably the best mentor that the Canucks have, but where will he be in March? And that leaves Edler to mentor young defensemen coming in?

To me that's a dicey proposition. Edler, while a big minute d-man, doesn't scream mentor or leader at all.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Shea Weber and Duncan Keith are two prime examples of [players drafted outside of the first round that were not projected to be top pairing defensemen.......look how that turned out.

And Jay Bouwmeester was picked 3rd, whats your point?

Also, that was 14 years ago. Scouting has improved since then.

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

I havnt been able to catch much of his play for obvious reasons.. Of course would love to see an ISO, but maybe we have somebody over that way that has seen his play?  I know we Canucks come from everywhere :)  just curious how he's playing and how his development has come along. (not the Benning reports, heard those)

You should probably check out the Tryamkin Talk thread in the prospects section then. Highlights, TOI, observations, etc. all there.

41 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

That's some Barbara Dunkelman level pun right there.

Spoiler for swearing:

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

@Aladeen can you work your magic with this? :lol:

No, all I was meaning is he's making more money in the KHL than he is here. If he cares about money, he'll go back if he doesn't make the team. If he cares about his skill and the NHL, we might see him down for longer than a conditioning assignment.

If he signs a deal with the NHL, it'd have to have an out clause for him to return to the KHL, otherwise he wouldn't be able to as per the KHL/NHL agreement.

After all these years of having a small passive defense with middleweight Bieksa as the enforcer, looking forward to Tryamkin snapping that twig Dougie in two and ragdolling Nurse, and Pedan there to clobber any that get uppity.  Add in Sbisa for some hits, and suddenly half our D have size and physicality.  If JB can manage to swap in a Hamonic for Edler we'd be well on our way.

7 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

You should probably check out the Tryamkin Talk thread in the prospects section then. Highlights, TOI, observations, etc. all there.

Spoiler for swearing:

Reveal hidden contents

If he signs a deal with the NHL, it'd have to have an out clause for him to return to the KHL, otherwise he wouldn't be able to as per the KHL/NHL agreement.

not if the automilist and Tryamkin mutually agree to have its contract terminated. With an out clause the cauncks would not have to get the automobilist premission and Tryamkin could come over whenever he wanted.

Similar to how radulov came over at the trade deadline.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Shea Weber and Duncan Keith are two prime examples of [players drafted outside of the first round that were not projected to be top pairing defensemen.......look how that turned out.

That's just wishful thinking. You're only going to set yourself up for disappointment if you're projecting any of our defensive prospects a 1D/2D.

2 minutes ago, Tomato Pajamas said:

That's just wishful thinking. You're only going to set yourself up for disappointment if you're projecting any of our defensive prospects a 1D/2D.

Not projecting anything, just mentioning some facts. Jump to conclusions much? 

1 minute ago, theminister said:

Yeah but he's in game shape, playing in a pro league for years, physically ready, we could move out another body.....

Might as well try him out. 

May facilitate them to rent Hammer without getting an NHL ready return...

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Utica needs him now that we've poached Biega.

will only happen if Avtomobilist the  miss the playoffs or else he wont be here until after the trading deadline which means we will not be able to send him down to the AHL like Zalewski in the 2013-14 season.

currently sitting in 7th place with 4 games to go

Exciting times ! Love this stuff.

as some one stated above, Tryamkin  has been playing pro for two years. 

just needs a quick adjustment to NA Ice, which he has seen before.

hopefully all the paperwork passes and he gets a stint or better between Utica and Vancouver.

Archived