The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

20 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Elvis.. Always trying to help.. But knowing you would, I stated an ISO would be nice .. Or an opinion from somebody on here.  Directing me to a Trymakin thread only satisfies your desire to be resident Flagger/ mini mod..

ppl were clearly talking Trymakin here.. So you flagging me in the appropriate direction does nothing to add to the discussion. :)

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Seemed to be the plan from draft day -- two more years in the KHL then bring him over.  Starting him in Utica is ideal, to get his feet wet on the smaller ice, then a full summer of working out in the organization.  With Weber and Bartkowski's contracts expiring, the path is clear for him to take a spot at training camp.

With KHL experience I am thinking whoever his agent his probably wants him in the main roster sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, Tomato Pajamas said:

Great, so bringing up Shea Weber and Duncan Keith has no realistic relevance to the conversation~

Well, yes it does. While it was in 2002-2003, it still speaks to the fact that shrewd and learned scouts/GMs (Benning being a prime example) may see players of untapped potential in later rounds vs. the more common notion that players outside of the first round never project to being top defensemen.

You want to speak in absolutes, that's on you.

29 minutes ago, Baer. said:

And Jay Bouwmeester was picked 3rd, whats your point?

Also, that was 14 years ago. Scouting has improved since then.

My point, as you so astutely asked, is that, while the draft order determines value and worth based on performances in minor leagues, it doesn't always speak to how a player will mature once brought into the NHL.

No need to get your panties in a twist, now. Calm down, tiger.

2 minutes ago, MickVega said:

Tryamkin drafted 3rd round, Chara drafted 3rd round. Just sayin'.  Actually more like Just hopin'. 

Careful now, Mick. Some ornery posters on this thread aren't too keen on others posting the relevance and potential of later round defensive prospects.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, yes it does. While it was in 2002-2003, it still speaks to the fact that shrewd and learned scouts/GMs (Benning being a prime example) may see players of untapped potential in later rounds vs. the more common notion that players outside of the first round never project to being top defensemen.

This is especially true with D-Men.  Keith, Seabrook, Hjarmalson, Weber and many more were 2nd round or later.  

With forwards the higher the pick the better though IMHAO.  We missed on Macdavid and Eichel.  I sure hope we don't miss out on the elite forward talent at the top of this draft too.

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

How is he though? I want to believe this guy is the real deal though his KHL numbers aren't exactly sparkling

Skates well for such a big man. Canon of a shot though it takes about a week to get it off. Has great wingspan for getting in passing lanes, hard to move but could use his size more to punish opposition...

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

How is he though? I want to believe this guy is the real deal though his KHL numbers aren't exactly sparkling

He's a 22 year old 6'7" 230 lb defenseman playing in the KHL against men. He displays excellent skating ability and is starting to appreciate his size and learn how to use it. That's a lot of tools other defensemen in the Canucks prospect pool don't boast at the present time.

His numbers, while not sparkling, are only a snapshot of where he presently is, and cannot be taken as gospel as to where he will actually end up. Merely a projection.

2 minutes ago, MickVega said:

Tryamkin drafted 3rd round, Chara drafted 3rd round. Just sayin'.  Actually more like Just hopin'. 

Tryamkin is better in many departments than Chara was at this age.. I used to watch Chara play every week when i lived in PG.. Tryamkin outweighs, outskates, outshoots, holds better puck protection, rushes,  and has quicker mobility than Z.Chara did at this age. 

This is NOT a knock on ZChara, but i think rather a valid comparison to make between men of the same build type.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This is especially true with D-Men.  Keith, Seabrook, Hjarmalson, Weber and many more were 2nd round or later.  

With forwards the higher the pick the better though IMHAO.  We missed on Macdavid and Eichel.  I sure hope we don't miss out on the elite forward talent at the top of this draft too.

True. Defensemen always mature later than forwards.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Skates well for such a big man. Canon of a shot though it takes about a week to get it off. Has great wingspan for getting in passing lanes, hard to move but could use his size more to punish opposition...

That not punishing guys is due to the big ice.  It's not as easy to get in hits, without being drawn out of position - to the boards.  This guy is going to be even more effective on the smaller ice

Great news!  If they can get this done and give him some time with Utica or the big club, it will give management a good read on where he's at for next year.  We really need to move towards the future on defense, and this move is one step on the way, whether or not it works out.  The thought of Tryamkin and Pedan on the same blueline is almost inspiring given what we've gotten used to.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Tryamkin is better in many departments than Chara was at this age.. I used to watch Chara play every week when i lived in PG.. Tryamkin outweighs, outskates, outshoots, holds better puck protection, rushes,  and has quicker mobility than Z.Chara did at this age. 

This is NOT a knock on ZChara, but i think rather a valid comparison to make between men of the same build type.

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight, SilentSam. Does Trymakin display more of a physical presence than Chara did back then?

34 minutes ago, hockeyking said:

not if the automilist and Tryamkin mutually agree to have its contract terminated. With an out clause the cauncks would not have to get the automobilist premission and Tryamkin could come over whenever he wanted.

Similar to how radulov came over at the trade deadline.

But then we'll have to place him on waivers. radulov didn't because the NHL cercomvented the rules. And a lot of teams were pissed that Nasville didn't have to put him on waivers. 

57 minutes ago, oldnews said:

May facilitate them to rent Hammer without getting an NHL ready return...

49 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's what i'm thinking, Finish the year off with Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Sbisa, Bartkowski, Biega, and Tryamkin. 

As I've said a few times, I think the 'rebuild' is ahead of the brass' original schedule. 'Realistically,' how about this to end the year?

- Hammer (50% retained), Higgins (50% retained for both years) to Pitts for Pouliot + 4th

- Vrbata for a 2nd (50-60 range) + 3rd/B prospect

- Bartkowski for 5th

- Weber for 6th

- Prust (50% retained) for 5th

Sedins-Hansen

Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Dorsett/CracknellVey

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Hutton

Tryamkin-Biega

Pedan-Pouliot

2016 picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th

Or some combination similar to that? Gives us the youth influx and multiple picks to do some dealing at the draft.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Again, if you're hoping that we drafted a high ceiling defensemen in the 3rd round or later, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. It'd be reasonable to pen some of them down for top 6 roles, but a top pairing dman doesn't seem to be a luxury we have right now.

Duncan Keith and Shea Weber are bonafide number 1 defensemen in the league. It'd be a bit much to use them for comparison, for I'm sure there are other gems that lie within the realm of attainability.

Archived