The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Dorsett here?

RetroCanuck

Why is Dorsett here? He isn't doing anything... 9 points in 48 game, shows odd spurts of physicality(no consistency), -9 and yet is being paid $2.65M...I have nothing against the guy besides how little he is producing so Im wondering why he isn't on the trade block? Is he worthless in a trade?

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Why is Dorsett here? He isn't doing anything... 9 points in 48 game, shows odd spurts of physicality(no consistency), -9 and yet is being paid $2.65M...I have nothing against the guy besides how little he is producing so Im wondering why he isn't on the trade block? Is he worthless in a trade?

Seriously?

Figure it out bud.

What are you, new?

"Why is Dorsett here?" ... Wait.. Prust, is that you?

47 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Dorsett will fight anyone anytime, skates hard on the forcheck, can be used on the PK, great locker room guy and you ask why is he here?

On nights when the team checks out, Dorsett is still out there battling and getting in the opponents face. This is something we have needed for a long time. 

49 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

We need him as a chesspiece the coach can play if the other team decides to goon us up. Without him we are nigh well defenceless.

Last year Dorsett played with Horvat, Kenins, and Hansen and had a pretty decent year. This year he's played with 2 plugs Cracknell and Prust and a 19 year old rookie not suited for a grinder role. Big surprise, less productive. Dorsett Sutter Virtanen I'm expecting to be a pretty good line. Should do Dorsett more justice than playing with 2 guys who barely belong in the nhl at all. Not sure anyone would be successful on a line with Cracknell and Prust

43 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Thats an expensive punching bag... when you have a good quality guy like hansen being paid $2.5M

Why are you comparing Dorsett with Hansen? That really makes no sense. They have completely different roles. 

What most casual fans fail to understand is the concept of intangibles. Team sports are not all about statistics. there is so much more that's important. You have to actually watch with your eyes to see the impact of certain players, you won't find it in the box scores.

Hansen is having an excellent statistical season, and I actually think he's an underrated tough guy, but no way could he do everything that Dorsett provides, And vice Versa.

Archived