The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Yannick Weber

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Well he gone.  We're eating a lot of cap in the AHL right now.

Have to wonder exactly what is going on in the league when serviceable players this late in the season continue to clear waivers

Trade deadline coming up, that extra contract something can complicate possible trades.

This time of year is like end of training camp where a lot of players are sent down, clearing easily, because everyone's roster is pretty much set.

Wow. I can't remember the last time we had this kind of organizational depth.

The way I see it is once Weber (and if) he clears waivers we'll have 3 extra veteran bodies locked up for the rest of the season. So we could have a really deep team going into the playoffs. Assuming, JB doesn't get a trade done for them.

The trio of Higgy, Prust, and Weber might be able to help the kids in the minors if they find their game in time, and the Canucks are left with some solid options if we manage to make it into the P/O. We'll have our answer in the next two weeks, and whatever ends up happening will be a good thing for this organization.

Benning will also have to try to flip Some redundant assets in our current lineup,  in Vrbatta &, Burrows. So he's going to be very busy at the TD.  And if JB manages to get rid of all these guys at the TD, we'll get some later round picks which will help us alter our draft positioning at the draft. 

So far Benning & Co. Have done a tremendous job of restocking our talent pool and with these no nonsense moves we will get better, faster. Keep it up Jim you're killing it!!image.jpeg.c665c9d2ab1627d96a9482e2a6c0f

Apparently  no Canuck is worth anything. 

Wonder how the Benning fanboys are going to feel when Hamhuis and vrbata bring very little due to our incompetent scout I mean gm.  That's if he takes the sh-t out of his eyes and realizes this team isn't going to make the playoffs and loses more ufa's for nothing. 

Yet a guy like Scott can get a prospect like tinordi.

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Apparently  no Canuck is worth anything. 

Wonder how the Benning fanboys are going to feel when Hamhuis and vrbata bring very little due to our incompetent scout I mean gm.  That's if he takes the sh-t out of his eyes and realizes this team isn't going to make the playoffs and loses more ufa's for nothing. 

Yet a guy like Scott can get a prospect like tinordi.

Please. Go home you’re drunk or you don't understand how anything works. 

20 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I didn't like him last year and didn't like him this year. 2 years of sub par play makes me ok with waiving him. It's not like he's a rookie or Sophomore. He's shown what he is capable of and right now, our D is much better with Biega in the lineup over Weber 

It's not that I'm hating. Can the Weber supporters honestly say that he deserves a spot over Biega? Because that's what it really comes down to and in my opinion, Biega won the spot over him. He even did that last year in my opinion during his short stint but this year was the nail in the coffin. 

Is there really such a thing?

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

0 for 3 in trying to trades players. hopefully all 3 can get moved now that they are in th ahl and can be a call up for another team. 

we should have let him walk last year but that might bring up the corrado crowd

I don't like it how you say '0 for 3'. It looks a little negative. 

Higgins literally has no value to the market. He was brought down. Prust pretty much isn't the 'same' player he started off in his first 11 games with us and he started to whine and not do his job. He was sent down blah blah blah etc etc etc.

it's to bad he couldn't  have taken advantage of an opportunity to notch it up a little, not a bad skater ,decent shot at time's. his lose the team's lose .to have come this far in a career to have been given up on, the hate for this guy could have gone either way, he did have potential , not big enough, not physical enough, small soft euro style dmen don't last.

Archived