The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[EGDT] Super Bowl 50 | Carolina Panthers vs. Denver Broncos | CTV/CBS | 3:30 PM PST |

Blueberries

Questions  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33aqflx.jpg

PREVIEW

2utiwax.jpg

DENVER BRONCOS

Regular season: 12-4

First place, AFC West

Beat Steelers 23-16 in divisional playoffs and beat Patriots 20-18 in AFC Championship Game

2uzzg29.jpg

5kfspk.jpg

Yes, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, with his 45 combined touchdowns (35 passing, 10 rushing), is expected to be the league's MVP. But the Broncos' defense has been next-level all season.

The Broncos have beaten Joe Flacco, Teddy Bridgewater, Matthew Stafford,Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler to go with two wins over Philip Rivers and two wins over Tom Brady, including in the AFC Championship Game.

They beat five teams that made this year's playoff field. The Panthers beat just three but none since Nov. 8. Also, the Panthers allowed one 100-yard rusher (Jamaal Charles in Week 2). The Broncos surrendered a league-low 3.3 yards per rushing attempt.

2m2cfig.jpg

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Regular season: 15-1

First place, NFC South

Beat Seahawks 31-24 in divisional playoffs and beat Cardinals 49-15 in NFC Championship Game.

2l8cc60.jpg

2gx3g3p.jpg

The Broncos haven't faced a running quarterback like Newton all season. Newton had 10 rushing touchdowns during the regular season and two more in the NFC Championship Game. He won't be fazed by the league's No. 1 defense. He helped put up 31 points on Seattle's second-ranked defense in the first half of the divisional playoff game. He led Carolina to a rout of Arizona, which had the league's No. 5 defense, in the NFC title game. With the way the offensive line and receivers are playing around Newton, he is almost impossible to stop.

read more: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14673798/nfl-super-bowl-50-preview-carolina-panthers-denver-broncos-x-factors-predictions-more

Super Bowl 50: Commercials

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/super-bowl-50-watch-the-ads-then-vote-in-our-polls/

Cheering for and picking the Panthers. Nothing against Peyton, but I've disliked the Broncos since the Orange Crush days. (when they used to beat up on the Seahawks regularly)

Besides, not having a dog in the fight, I'll usually cheer for a team that hasn't won it before.

BTW: Nice work Blueberries.

I am a H-U-G-E NFL fan (Fantasy player / Chargers fan / Charger Girls fan)...love it way more than the CFL. Having said that I probably will only have the game on if there's nothing else on. Seriously couldn't give one diddly squat who wins this. And the halftime show, well, I'll probably just switch to something else, or watch paint dry. This is a big one "50"...and it couldn't have turned out much worse for the NFL...I wouldn't be surprised if viewership is one of the all-time lowest. Then again I imagine with the economy the way it is, well maybe it'll be standing room only in a lot of trailer parks across America...nothin' else for people to do.

I have a reason for stating the above. The Superbowl has never really been about the Football Superfan. It's always been about pandering to the casual fan...and for the most part, that's OK. They can have their one Sunday a year to pretend like they're "into" football (wives I'm looking at you)...but this year they really crapped the bed. I feel as though they hit some tiny viewership markets with the Broncs and Cats (ie/ "there's a team in Carolina? I didn't know that" - first off they play in Charlotte NORTH Carolina - there's 2 - second off, Cam Newton is the future of the NFL, so learn his name, his number and for crying out loud, where he plays)...so the players will not have been as well promoted through the season in the casual fan's media (exception of course being Manning). So there may be some viewship lost by the casual fan...and also by the avid fan as well. This is the hockey / SCF equivalent of Columbus vs. Ottawa...nobody would give a crap. Again, too bad it's #50...they'll overhype the significance and on Monday everyone will be asking..."I forget, who won again?"

Archived