The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie on Hammer, Weber, Virtanen, and scoring

Boddy604

https://amp.twimg.com/v/f6954175-d6ad-4e78-a351-8556f87b625f

Could just be me but I caught a vibe that Willie isn't a big fan of waiving Weber. Never seen him speak so highly of someone who got cut.

Virtanen in, McCann out.

Says he's 99 percent sure who gets benched for Hamhuis to play but won't say till tomorrow morning.

Talks about it being good Canucks are generating more scoring chances lately but need to play the dirty areas more aggressively to draw more penalties.

1 minute ago, NZ_Canuck said:

I wish he would make a decision on either Virt or McCan. I feel it would be better for there development if they placed one in Utica and allowed the other time to build chemistry with line mates.

neither of them can be placed in Utica. Canucks or junior

3 minutes ago, NZ_Canuck said:

I wish he would make a decision on either Virt or McCan. I feel it would be better for there development if they placed one in Utica and allowed the other time to build chemistry with line mates.

They have made a decision. They are playing a preset schedule of games barring unforeseen circumstances.

1 minute ago, NZ_Canuck said:

We can't place them in Utica.

4 minutes ago, NZ_Canuck said:

Neither can go to Utica for any more than a 2 week conditioning stint till next season. Now that McCann is over 40 games, he can't even be returned to Jr. Virtanen could go to Jr still but that's a terrible idea. Both are here to stay, at least for the rest of this season.

Hey, can we place them in Utica? I'm not sure if anyone's answered that yet... :P

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

They have made a decision. They are playing a preset schedule of games barring unforeseen circumstances.

But pretty much this.

8 minutes ago, NZ_Canuck said:

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Neither one of them can go to Utica

6 minutes ago, hockeyking said:

neither of them can be placed in Utica. Canucks or junior

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

We can't place them in Utica.

2 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Neither can go to Utica for any more than a 2 week conditioning stint till next season. Now that McCann is over 40 games, he can't even be returned to Jr. Virtanen could go to Jr still but that's a terrible idea. Both are here to stay, at least for the rest of this season.

Neither can be placed in Utica...

36 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Could just be me but I caught a vibe that Willie isn't a big fan of waiving Weber. Never seen him speak so highly of someone who got cut.

Diplomacy.  "It was best for the organization" = fact.

37 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Says he's 99 percent sure who gets benched for Hamhuis to play but won't say till tomorrow morning.

His name is Bartkowski.

People screaming that WD "... needs to make a decision on Virtanen and McCann" are not paying attention.

WD has said many times these guys are being rotated in and out to allow the trainers to work with them on developing their skills and strength... to identify their weaknesses, and find ways to teach or train them into solutions for these lacks.

And as he has said, they will be getting more time as the season goes on... with some of the non-producing vets being moved out of the lineup.

Archived