The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elephant in the room - Hank and Danny

kingofsurrey

On 2016-02-08 at 9:18 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Hank and Danny have been the face of this franchise for a long time.

They have NTC / NMC so they hold all the cards.

If they really want to contribute to the long term health of this franchise , they may consider moving at the deadline in 2017.

If they have a desire to win a Stanley Cup and want the opportunity, I would say  GO for it.  They deserve a cup.

I would love to see either Hank or Danny hoist the cup on their own or together.... I  DO not care what jersey they would be wearing.

Both Hank AND Danny deserve a cup before they retire. Sorry but it will not happen  in Vancouver in the next 3-4 years.  

The are both    Total class players. 

If them getting a cup also means us getting 2 first round drafts , then that is WIN  / WIN> 

Not ever going to happen, forget it. The only win/win there is is that they get to play here and we get to see them.

3- 1 game

0 goals 0 assists from hank 

0 goals 0 assists from dank

Both are minus 1 in the game 

Still sure know how to control the puck in the offensive zone though. WOW>  So crafty....

Are we beginning to see the passing  of the torch  / changing of the guard...... ?

Kids looking good tonight...

It may not be the "norm" but the Sedins have earned the right to have their say in all that they have done with the Canucks. 

Out of the entire Canucks roster outside of the kids the Sedins are the only other "untradeables" & within the next couple of years I see them easily transitioning to 2nd line roles if resigned (aka if they choose to keep playing) and Horvat/McCann/Virtanen etc becoming key  contributors.

I would love to see them retire one day in a Canucks uniform

6 minutes ago, trevforever said:

It may not be the "norm" but the Sedins have earned the right to have their say in all that they have done with the Canucks. 

Out of the entire Canucks roster outside of the kids the Sedins are the only other "untradeables" & within the next couple of years I see them easily transitioning to 2nd line roles if resigned (aka if they choose to keep playing) and Horvat/McCann/Virtanen etc becoming key  contributors.

I would love to see them retire one day in a Canucks uniform

Its cool you feel that way. IMO they haven't earned a divine right to retire here.

They pressured to be drafted together.....canucks obliged them

They underperformed for 6 years.....canucks coddled them

They repaid us with some awesome play for 6 years......great! I was shocked and delighted

They are tradeable

19 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Its cool you feel that way. IMO they haven't earned a divine right to retire here.

They pressured to be drafted together.....canucks obliged them

They underperformed for 6 years.....canucks coddled them

They repaid us with some awesome play for 6 years......great! I was shocked and delighted

They are tradeable

For me the Sedins are the most offensively talent players in the history of the canucks. Vision and passing skills we may never see for many many many years.  Amazing creativity in the offensive zone.

Great teamates.  Great in the community.  Great citizens.

But NO CANUCKS ARE untradeable at this time with the possible exception of Horvat.  I am also a huge Markstrom fan so maybe him right now as well.

3 minutes ago, the harry said:

Last game looked like the twins had read this topic before they played and were still thinking about it.

Seems so strange to see a game where the Sedins are not controlling the game .  Their line has been the only threat we have had for sooooo long.

It is so odd to see other younger players now stepping up  in terms of   offensive opportunites , goals and  ice-time minutes .

Wow almost surreal to see

31 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This elephant size turd of a thread is still being carefully polished by the King of Surrey Morons.

hehe....listen junior, next time one of them gets an assist, you can do a victory dance.  

Sometimes people talk about things you don't want to hear, deal with it.

6 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

hehe....listen junior, next time one of them gets an assist, you can do a victory dance.  

Sometimes people talk about things you don't want to hear, deal with it.

Hey... it's the King of Surrey Morons in his other alias... sorry moron, go pad another thread.

And with them being the leading assist getters on the team, guess I'll be doing a lot of dances.

The Sedins did look like they were in sharp decline during that Tort's year; however, they have bounced back nicely since then.  They're still good players and probably our best offensive players most nites, but not Art Ross/Hart types anymore.  If we can get about 70-80 pts from them, it's about all we can really expect from them.  They're great pros to mentor our young players.

8 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This elephant size turd of a thread is still being carefully polished by the King of Surrey Morons.

Sorry if you don't agree with this thread.

Do you personally insult every thread poster that you do not agree with.  I will not insult you personally because i don't think posters should behave like that.

I am fan of the Vancouver Canucks Team and no player(s)  is more important than the TEAM. 

All players will decline in skills due to age and at that time they should be moved if we can bring back young prospects/picks.

Few players retire with their team.  Gretzky , Linden  - Iginla  >>>>>>>>>    Why were they moved ? 

That is how good franchises stay on top.  Most posts want to see management do whats best to rebuilt this franchise we can compete for a CUP again. 

46 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

That is one reason why I don,t post much, you better be wearing a flame proof suit on this forum; yes I know if I can.t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Helps if one thinks before typing, try not to say anything too stupid, have good spelling, and don't be controversial or antagonistic...... sorta like the real world minus the spelling  :bigblush:

BTW, not talking about you.... just the general populace me included :)

There is no doubt that the Sedins will retire as Canucks, and I hope we even give them an extension. Who are we without them really. At 35, they show little sign of slowing down and look to continue production for years to come. I see this team being cup contenders in 2-3 years, perfect timing for the Sedins to lead us to the cup. 

48 minutes ago, SuitnTie said:

There is no doubt that the Sedins will retire as Canucks, and I hope we even give them an extension. Who are we without them really. At 35, they show little sign of slowing down and look to continue production for years to come. I see this team being cup contenders in 2-3 years, perfect timing for the Sedins to lead us to the cup. 

Are you serious dude.

Vrbata, Horvat ,Sven all have more goals than Hanks 9 goals this year.  Even stone hands Hansen has  15 goals so far....

Burrows and McCann may pass Hank in the next few games......  That would put him ( hank ) at  7th on our forwards for goals.....    for 7 mil per year. 

Hank is definately declining in production. Rapidly.    Not sure why so many canuck fans over value current players and prospects. 

Hank has had an amazing career with the canucks  but his production is declining. 

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

That is how good franchises stay on top.  Most posts want to see management do whats best to rebuilt this franchise we can compete for a CUP again. 

But what you don't understand is trading the sedins is going to have little impact on rebuilding for a cup.  You said it yourself,  we'd likely get 2, 1st round pick and 2 prospects. IE Iginla example.  Sure yay we get 6 players but quality over quantity.  Even if you double the return Iginla got, would that have much of an impact on our rebuild?

28th overall and two prospects that were long shots to even make that NHL.  Double that and is that what your happy on settling with? 2 late first round picks?

Sure those picks could turn out to be something but it's also a big risk.  A risk you're banking on while trading away the face of your franchise.  

The other this is when flames traded iggy they had zero in their prospect pool,  perhaps if they had Monahan, Bennett and Johnny starting to make an impact in the NHL at that time, they wouldn’t have moved him. So the franchises are in different states.  

It makes far more sense to keep them. Also you're talking about 2017,  that's a long time from now, and a lot could change in that time, Trades, UFA, signings and players like Bo, Baertschi, Markstrom, Hutton could have another break out year.  Virtanen,McCann could start to make consistent impacts and Canucks would be past the stage of needing to acquire drafts picks in the 25-30. Picks that wouldn't even have impact on our team until 2020-21,  Is that something that needs to be discussed?

Archived