The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best D-man in the NHL?

Maz

On 2/8/2016 at 10:09 AM, Maz said:

Just curious, what makes you say Giordano over some of the other guys?

I know last year he was the clear Norris favourite before he got injured. This year he's had a slow start but beginning to pick it up recently.

Always faces the strongest quality of competition on his blueline - high percentage of defensive zone starts - tremendous underlying numbers regardless,

Shuts people down, hits, blocks shots, puts the puck in the net, leading penalty killer, one of the most productive offensive defensemen in the NHL in much harder situational play than most of the other scoring D in the NHL.

All around the best two way defenseman in the NHL over the past three seasons imo (and if they're not a two-way D, imo  they don't belong in the conversation). 

I watched the game the other night when Karlsson had 4 points. During the post game interview he said that wasn't a great game  by him even though he had 4 points. 

He's truly a great Dman. He runs the team, Imagine him being surrounded by talent like Duncan Keith or Drew Doughty are. Shea Weber has a great team to play with too.

Karlson is 25 and he's going to win his 3rd Norris this year. Last time I checked he was 2nd in NHL scoring behind Patrick Kane. 

If I had a choice I'd take Karlson over any other Dman right now. But it changes from year to year. There are many really good Dmen in the game right now. 

Archived