The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of February (08-12) 2016

WOW

McDavid 2g 3a 5Pts vs Leafs. 

Superstar already, Too bad the kid got hurt, He'd be up there fighting for the Scoring lead right now, Actually he'd probably be leading it. 

Eberle scoring lots too with McDavid feeding him the puck. He had a 3 goal 1 assist 4 Pts game. 

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

WOW

Superstar already, Too bad the kid got hurt, He'd be up there fighting for the Scoring lead right now, Actually he'd probably be leading it. 

Eberle scoring lots too with McDavid feeding him the puck. He had a 3 goal 1 assist 4 Pts game. 

Anything less than 3 points would have been a disappointment vs a team as bad as Toronto.

Babcock must have to see a therapist every night, poor guy. He should ask MLSE for another $50 Mill.

14 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Anything less than 3 points would have been a disappointment vs a team as bad as Toronto.

Babcock must have to see a therapist every night, poor guy. He should ask MLSE for another $50 Mill.

lol, yeah, McDavid is a boss though. He's already worth more than any player in the NHL. I don't hin Oilers would trade him for any player in the league. I wouldn't have traded that 1st overall which got McDavid for any player in the league. Not even OV. 

On TO, it was Babcock who wants to rebuild via the draft. When he signed I listened to many of his interviews during is media tour after he signed in Toronto. He almost always made the point that MLSE assured him they'd do a long term rebuild thru the draft. He always said this team was going to be bad and they would go thru pain of a rebuild. 

He also said if MLSE didn't commit to this type of rebuild he wouldn't have signed in TO. That was a big condition of his and of course the 50 mill will make it easier on him. Losing won't hurt as much.

Also Shanahan went to MLSE and stressed that he wanted the same thing and they got the go ahead from the big bosses before Babcock signed. 

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

WOW

Ya those 2 are insane. I watched that game. Even Pouliot had 4 helpers. :)

53 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

WOW

Yea. Consider myself terrifyed if McDavid and Eberle continue dominating and Hall and Kassian rediscover their chemistry from junior. 

32 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yea. Consider myself terrifyed if McDavid and Eberle continue dominating and Hall and Kassian rediscover their chemistry from junior. 

I don't think there's any doubt about them dominating. EDM will be dominating the league in 2 years. 

Hall would play with Draisaitl. That's another awesome player. He'd be leading the Oilers in scoring if he didn't miss 10 games. If McDavid wasn't on the team Draisaitl would be getting so much hype right now. The kids nuts. McDavid Eberle followed by Draisaitl Hall, unstoppable. 

They'll trade Hopkins and add D help plus depth. Next year is a playoff year and the following year they'll be running on all cylinders with Nurse, Klefbom and other Dmen a bit older. 

I really like that Khaira kid they have. A big body who does all the little things it takes to win. PKs, battles, plays hard. Teams win when he's in the lineup and he got a taste of the NHL this year, look for him to be on the team next year.

Archived