The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/lucics-plan-is-to-remain-a-king-for-remainder-of-career/

Lucic’s plan is to ‘remain a King’ for remainder of career

Tuesday night, Milan Lucic will play his first game in Boston as a member of the Los Angeles Kings.

It should be an emotional return for the big 27-year-old winger. In an interview with the L.A. Times, he recalled his time with his former club fondly, saying how great it was to be a “part of one of the best-ever eras to be a Bruin.”

A pending unrestricted free agent, Lucic also commented on his contract negotiations with the Kings.

“Nothing to get excited about,” he said. “There’s been two or three little talks here and there. My plan is to remain a King and hopefully finish off my career here. Like I said, I go day by day and you never know what tomorrow is going to bring.”

Lucic has 12 goals and 18 assists in 50 games this season. Though the Kings reportedly want to keep him, the question is whether they can find the cap space to make it happen.

Los Angeles already has Anze Kopitar, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Marian Gaborik, Kyle Clifford, Drew Doughty, Jake Muzzin, Alec Martinez, and Jonathan Quick locked up long term. Plus, Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson will require new deals after next season

Well damn us if this is true.

Finally had a realistic chance at Lucic with him expressing his desire to come back home but I don't blame him. Was surprised he still wanted to come back even after being traded to LA but now he seems to have settled in. It's close enough to home being in the Pacific and arguably the best city you could play for. 

...just a matter if the Kings can afford to pay him and somehow remain under the cap. I know people have mixed feelings about the Canucks signing Lucic but I am all for it. If it happens to be he stays in LA, wouldn't be the end of the world and I guess we could pursue another forward, say like Okposo..

5 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/lucics-plan-is-to-remain-a-king-for-remainder-of-career/

Finally had a realistic chance at Lucic with him expressing his desire to come back home but I don't blame him. Was surprised he still wanted to come back even after being traded to LA but now he seems to have settled in. It's close enough to home being in the Pacific and arguably the best city you could play for. 

...just a matter if the Kings can afford to pay him and somehow remain under the cap. I know people have mixed feelings about the Canucks signing Lucic but I am all for it. If it happens to be he stays in LA, wouldn't be the end of the world and I guess we could pursue another forward, say like Okposo..

would you really pay 6 mill a year for a big guy who cannot even get 20 goals on one of the best teams in the league?

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I never thought I'd see the day I'd like anything that came out of Lucic's mouth but I'm loving these comments! :lol: 

C'mon now, Kings.....sign him up for the next 10 years!

ofc you comment on this... 

and I seriously doubt that he will remain a king they cant afford that lol
he's coming home this is just to make kings media happy

Problem being, LA has learned that they can offer as much term and money as they want, when they get tired of a player they know they can get away with dreaming up some scheme to terminate his contract and walk away Scott free.

6 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

ofc you comment on this... 

Any reason why I shouldn't?

and I seriously doubt that he will remain a king they cant afford that lol
he's coming home this is just to make kings media happy

No, he may not remain a King.... I don't really give a rat's ass where he goes as long as it is far, far away from Vancouver.

24 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

July 1st: the Vancouver Canucks sign Milan Lucic.

Archived