DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

Yeah, I think I'm with Phil on this one. I think it's entirely possible to call out Trump's lies and failed promises and still promote your own agenda.

Of course, it won't have any effect on indoctrinated MAGA fans, but I don't think it hurts the cause at all if the fence sitters are reminded how little that Trump promised in 2016 has actually accomplished.

• Thanks 2

Kinda forgot that we will get the pleasure of seeing Trump debate again.

I'm hoping he revives the lurking land shark move.

hillary-and-donald-second-debate-1.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think where we differ Phil, if I may call you Phil, is I think everyone already knows he's a fraud so its not worth the airtime to prove that over and over. 

I hear you, Jimmy, and I will call you Jimmy. Hahaha.

However, making him look flustered and weak on stage, well maybe there is some advantage to that. How thats accomplished? dunno, certainly not how Clinton tried. 

Clinton operated from a place of arrogance and the idea that she'd won the presidency already. Whomever meets that orange turd onstage won't be coming from the same stupid stance she was. She failed miserably and earned the loss.

But overall the strategy has to be far more than just getting rid of Fat Nixon. Thats the icing. 

For sure. Provide the entire country with a way forward that's positive and possible.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I can almost hear the music....

...dumb dumb...........dumb dumb..........dumb dumb.......

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Biden-Harris (I've picked Harris as VP already)

I got Biden with Andrew Gillum or Stacey Abrams.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

I got Biden with Andrew Gillum or Stacey Abrams.

I think he needs a female VP, as long as he doesn't get gropey again. I picked Harris since she has a lot more experience than Abrams, I could see people seeing Abrams as a liability if Joe kicks it. Biden's going to be one of the oldest presidents in while, having a person who looks capable of stepping in will be important. 

But who the heck knows. Maybe he goes for Mayor Pete, or someone from outside the candidate field. 

33 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Where did all the conservative CDC'ers go?

O3DHIA5.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Hiding in the shadows I assume, the board is mostly Canadian anyway so how invested can one really be ? Its easy to bash on trump. For most its a form of entertainment or just geopolitical interest and Its easier to just take a wait and see approach for anyone (deplorables) remotely optimistic with the drumpfs tenure 

@Mattrek was definitely the most passionate member its a shame he couldn't return i enjoyed his posts

@Harvey Spector has surprisingly never returned save for his @Frank Sinatra tag 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Well according to Stormy he hates sharks...maybe it's envy as they're actually alpha. 

• Hydration 1

Lol, Trump just called the Hong Kong protests "riots", mimicking what the China government is calling them. 

Throw it onto the pill of dumb in regards to China:

• President Donald Trump in 1990 said China had showed the "power of strength" when its troops massacred hundreds, possibly thousands, of pro-democracy demonstrators in Tiananmen Square the year before.

• Trump in a March 1990 Playboy interview said, "When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength."

• Trump went on to say, "That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak...as being spit on by the rest of the world."

• As president, Trump has frequently expressed admiration for authoritarian leaders like Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sissi, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, among others.

Thank god for the "advanced" democracy of the US or you know exactly what kind of leader Trump would've been with 40% of the populace still hanging off his nutsack. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Not saying that the GOP is the only party that does this.  Just showing how talking points made by politicians are not always their own.

https://theintercept.com/2019/08/01/perceptics-hack-license-plate-readers/

HACKED EMAILS SHOW GOP DEMANDS ON BORDER SECURITY WERE CRAFTED BY INDUSTRY LOBBYISTS

the intercept has had some good ones regarding lobbying and the power they wield. 

Here's another:

https://theintercept.com/2019/07/26/ohio-billion-dollar-nuclear-bailout-firstenergy/

OHIO REPUBLICANS BALKED AT A NUCLEAR BAILOUT, SO THE INDUSTRY ELECTED NEW REPUBLICANS — AND WALKED AWAY WITH $1.1 BILLION

The gist of it being that republicans wouldn't bail out FirstEnergy's (failing) bankrupt nuclear plants so FirstEnergy spent about 30 million dollars lobbying for and supporting primary republican candidates that would vote for their bailout. 15 out of the 18 they suppported won and they gave FirstEnergy 1.1 billion dollars basically to kick the can down the road as nuclear energy is losing support anyways with wind+solar gaining. 

Lobbyists and the politicians that bend over for them are a disease. Unfortunately, if politicians don't bend over for them, their opponent gets heavily funded and they lose. 

Edited by Duodenum

48 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

the intercept has had some good ones regarding lobbying and the power they wield. 

Here's another:

https://theintercept.com/2019/07/26/ohio-billion-dollar-nuclear-bailout-firstenergy/

OHIO REPUBLICANS BALKED AT A NUCLEAR BAILOUT, SO THE INDUSTRY ELECTED NEW REPUBLICANS — AND WALKED AWAY WITH $1.1 BILLION

The gist of it being that republicans wouldn't bail out FirstEnergy's (failing) bankrupt nuclear plants so FirstEnergy spent about 30 million dollars lobbying for and supporting primary republican candidates that would vote for their bailout. 15 out of the 18 they suppported won and they gave FirstEnergy 1.1 billion dollars basically to kick the can down the road as nuclear energy is losing support anyways with wind+solar gaining. 

Lobbyists and the politicians that bend over for them are a disease. Unfortunately, if politicians don't bend over for them, their opponent gets heavily funded and they lose. 

I'm no economist, but I'd say that a pretty fair ROI......

15 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Busy at work....

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm no economist, but I'd say that a pretty fair ROI......

Also gives a good explanation as to why the quality and integrity of a lot of politicians is going down the toilet. 

If you aren't bought out, they'll buy out someone else and replace you. A race to the bottom. 

9 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Well according to Stormy he hates sharks...maybe it's envy as they're actually alpha. 

The main difference between a shark and Dumbpf, is that one is an apex predator, and the other is a sex predator.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The main difference between a shark and Dumbpf, is that one is an apex predator, and the other is a sex predator.

Also, a sharks dorsal fin doesn't need hairspray:

image.png.418e964290e70d6c6220cc6f539ff0bb.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Also, a sharks dorsal fin doesn't need hairspray:

image.png.418e964290e70d6c6220cc6f539ff0bb.png

It’s both revolting and mesmerizing.