DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

Recommended Posts

After all is said and done, I think Pence or Haley will run in 2020 instead or Trump.

Mittens is a long shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

When I'm on CDC I've always spelled things the screwy way.  It may be wrong, but you know what they say... When in Rome...

 

I refuse though to call the letter Z, zed. :rolleyes:

My wife tried teaching my oldest son to pronounce z as zed.

”Dorothy we are not in Canada anymore and we speak ‘merican down here” was my response.

Her response was.....well you can imagine what she said.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

When I'm on CDC I've always spelled things the screwy way.  It may be wrong, but you know what they say... When in Rome...

 

I refuse though to call the letter Z, zed. :rolleyes:

i appreciate the sensitivity and effort

:gocan:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

When the Capitals were in the finals a guy wearing this jersey was shown on tv multiple times..........

 

image.thumb.png.673c7c1631e6c682fc8d3208d43fe774.png

With what I have been informed about impeachment it has very little chance imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

With what I have been informed about impeachment it has very little chance imo. 

Impeachment happens in the House. There is a 100% chance of Trump getting impeached. Trump will join Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton as the only presidents to be impeached. However, both were acquitted in the Senate.

 

There is currently little chance of securing a conviction in a Senate trial which is what is needed for removal from office.

 

Nixon would have been impeached and removed but he saw the writing on the wall and resigned.

Edited by nuckin_futz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Impeachment happens in the House. There is a 100% chance of Trump getting impeached. Trump will join Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton as the only presidents to be impeached. However, both were acquitted in the Senate.

 

There is currently little chance of securing a conviction in a Senate trial which is what is needed for removal from office.

 

Nixon would have been impeached and removed but he saw the writing on the wall and resigned.

Yes, sorry you're correct. I mean I don't see a conviction. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say, even though game 5 of the World Series sucked, it was great to see the fans in DC booing Trump and chanting "Lock him up!" I'm guessing the Dotard was confused, since he's used to places like that being filled with MAGA hat wearing sycophants who cheer every lie...

 

I'm hoping the nut huggers like Matt Gaetz and Lindsey Graham who were with, him got an earful as well.

 

Apparently the owners of the Nats (whose private box Trump was in) specifically requested to MLB that they not " be put in position to turn down a request from the White House to sit with Trump".

 

For his part, Trump declined to throw out the first pitch or make any other public appearance “in order to make the fan experience as positive as possible,” according to MLB Comissioner, Rob Manfred. Translation: Trump knew he was going to be booed and wanted to hide from it as much as possible. (Either that, or he's managed to develop bone spurs in his throwing shoulder)

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/president-donald-trump-greeted-with-boos-at-game-5-of-world-series/ar-AAJrVM6?li=AAggNb9

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/27/rep-katie-hill-to-resign-amid-allegations-of-inappropriate-relationships-with-staffers-000301

 

Rep. Katie Hill to resign amid allegations of inappropriate relationships with staffers

The scandal involves a messy divorce and what is being called “revenge porn.”

 

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has taken a hard line in sexual harassment cases, said in a statement that Hill had made the right decision in stepping down.

"[Hill] has acknowledged errors in judgment that made her continued service as a member untenable," Pelosi said on Sunday night. "We must ensure a climate of integrity and dignity in the Congress, and in all workplaces.”

Hill was under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for allegations of an improper sexual relationship with a male congressional staffer, a claim she denied. Hill admitted to and apologized for an “inappropriate” relationship with a female campaign staffer earlier this week.

In a statement earlier this week, Hill blamed the ongoing scandal — which included several nude photos of the lawmaker published in conservative online news outlets — on an “abusive husband” whom she is in the middle of divorcing.

 


Funnily enough, Matt Gaetz of all people defended her:

 

X320aRxc_normal.jpg

This is just absurd. The only person who seems to have a gripe is @RepKatieHill’s soon-to-be ex.

Who among us would look perfect if every ex leaked every photo/text?

Katie isn’t being investigated by Ethics or maligned because she hurt anyone - it is because she is different. https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1187137133594763264 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

When I'm on CDC I've always spelled things the screwy way.  It may be wrong, but you know what they say... When in Rome...

 

I refuse though to call the letter Z, zed. :rolleyes:

Same. I don't catch zeds.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

With what I have been informed about impeachment it has very little chance imo. 

There's a half decent chance of impeachment by the House, but very little chance of removal from office by the Senate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

There's a half decent chance of impeachment by the House, but very little chance of removal from office by the Senate.

Isn't the house majority Democrats ? 

Isn't it nearly 100% they will all vote together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/27/rep-katie-hill-to-resign-amid-allegations-of-inappropriate-relationships-with-staffers-000301

 

Rep. Katie Hill to resign amid allegations of inappropriate relationships with staffers

The scandal involves a messy divorce and what is being called “revenge porn.”

 

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has taken a hard line in sexual harassment cases, said in a statement that Hill had made the right decision in stepping down.

"[Hill] has acknowledged errors in judgment that made her continued service as a member untenable," Pelosi said on Sunday night. "We must ensure a climate of integrity and dignity in the Congress, and in all workplaces.”

Hill was under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for allegations of an improper sexual relationship with a male congressional staffer, a claim she denied. Hill admitted to and apologized for an “inappropriate” relationship with a female campaign staffer earlier this week.

In a statement earlier this week, Hill blamed the ongoing scandal — which included several nude photos of the lawmaker published in conservative online news outlets — on an “abusive husband” whom she is in the middle of divorcing.

 


Funnily enough, Matt Gaetz of all people defended her:

 

X320aRxc_normal.jpg

This is just absurd. The only person who seems to have a gripe is @RepKatieHill’s soon-to-be ex.

Who among us would look perfect if every ex leaked every photo/text?

Katie isn’t being investigated by Ethics or maligned because she hurt anyone - it is because she is different. https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1187137133594763264 

 

 

 

"Revenge porn"?

Admittedly I don't know the story but I wouldn't mind learning more about revenge porn.:emot-parrot:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Isn't the house majority Democrats ? 

Isn't it nearly 100% they will all vote together?

I think what Sabre is getting at is that they'll all vote to Impeach if it gets to a vote, but it isn't certain (yet) that Pelosi will call for one.

 

Right now, Impeachment is (at best) a 50/50 prospect in swing states. I'm sure "Nancy" (as Trump calls her) would like to see that number increase before putting it to a vote that she knows will not remove Trump from office.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think what Sabre is getting at is that they'll all vote to Impeach if it gets to a vote, but it isn't certain (yet) that Pelosi will call for one.

 

Right now, Impeachment is (at best) a 50/50 prospect in swing states. I'm sure "Nancy" (as Trump calls her) would like to see that number increase before putting it to a vote that she knows will not remove Trump from office.

You mean some Democrats may vote against? I thought they were United against Trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You mean some Democrats may vote against? I thought they were United against Trump?

Not what I said at all. I said it might not even get to a vote.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duodenum said:


Funnily enough, Matt Gaetz of all people defended her:

 

X320aRxc_normal.jpg

This is just absurd. The only person who seems to have a gripe is @RepKatieHill’s soon-to-be ex.

Who among us would look perfect if every ex leaked every photo/text?

Katie isn’t being investigated by Ethics or maligned because she hurt anyone - it is because she is different. https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1187137133594763264 

 

 

 

Is it just me or does Gaetz sound like he's trying to get ahead of something?

 

What skeletons lay in his closet?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not what I said at all. I said it might not even get to a vote.

Just last week from what I read it sounded like a done deal? Also if not why did donny go on a twitter rant about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Is it just me or does Gaetz sound like he's trying to get ahead of something?

 

What skeletons lay in his closet?

He does seem to be nervous.

 

To answer his question though....I have never sent a txt/ pic that I could not defend.

I also am very careful what I say in emails, business or personal. 

 

I am constantly stunned when obvious illegal or damaging topics are discussed on a digital platform, that will be there forever. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just last week from what I read it sounded like a done deal? Also if not why did donny go on a twitter rant about it?

They're just in the "investigation" phase. It pretty much does sound like a done deal, but Pelosi is pretty sharp. If an Impeachment vote hurts (or doesn't help) Democrat prospects for the 2020 election, Schiff and co won't be able to push her.

 

I think what she's banking on is that the publicity surrounding the process will be enough to swing the fence sitters over to the Dems. If she sees an Impeachment vote having the opposite effect, she won't let it happen, whether or not it's the right thing to do.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.