DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If only it were so simple. Trump certainly says moronic things, but the man is not a moron. His tweets always seem to have the desired effect. His supporters are now parroting his statements and laying the blame at the feet of the “Dems” and “environmentalists,” despite all evidence to the contrary. Facts don’t really matter any more, and Trump knows it. 

Listen to him speak. He's a grade A moron.

Here is is riffing about his border wall "As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them. They hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over."  Does that sound like someone who is not a moron?

He's a puppet. He's just a very hard to manage puppet. I agree it seems that facts do not matter. Especially when you have scum like Zuckerberg at Facebook saying he has no problem running adverts that are entirely false and it's up to people to figure it out themselves.

Facts still do matter in a court of law.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Transcripts have been released.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/468858-read-p-michael-mckinley-deposition-transcript#.XcBam07dVbk.twitter

Read: Michael McKinley deposition transcript in impeachment inquiry

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/468863-read-marie-yovanovitch-deposition-transcript-in-impeachment-hearing

Read: Marie Yovanovitch deposition transcript in impeachment inquiry

"I met with the Deputy secretary of state, who informed me of the curtailment of my term. He said that the President had lost confidence in me, and no longer wished me to serve as an ambassador.  He added that there had been a concerted campaign against me, and that the Department had been under pressure from the President to remove me since the summer of 2018.  He also said that I had done nothing wrong, and that this was not like other situations where he had recalled ambassadors for cause.  I departed Ukraine for good this past May."

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

21 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Disagree as some morons can be pleasant individuals.  Look at GWB.  Not exactly a candidate for the Mensa club but unlike Al Gore, he didn’t come of like a Mike Gillis clone (acting like you’re the smartest person in the room....which he might be, but never seemingly failing telling you that).  Bone Spurs comes across as those annoying time share salespersons that bug you in public.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Next stop, the Supreme Court.  I wonder if all the CONservative justices will side with TRUMP and allow him to be above the law.

https://apnews.com/dabe6ccc29a44028b52dc77fd51e9efd

Appeals court agrees Trump tax returns can be turned over

Of course they will. Laws are always trumped (pun intended) by political affiliation.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, nuckin_futz said:

Here is is riffing about his border wall "As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them. They hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over."  Does that sound like someone who is not a moron?

He's a puppet. He's just a very hard to manage puppet. I agree it seems that facts do not matter. Especially when you have scum like Zuckerberg at Facebook saying he has no problem running adverts that are entirely false and it's up to people to figure it out themselves.

Facts still do matter in a court of law.

is he really a moron, or is he just appealing to morons? 

There was a short period of time (early in Trump's tenure) where I gave some credence to the "crazy like a fox" mantra, but as time has gone on and he repeatedly does abysmally stupid things, I think of him more as a pretender, who managed to stumble onto a platform that appealed to the baser elements of society (with a bit of a push from Bannon and Miller)

Now it's more a case of "keep doing what you're doing"....

• Upvote 1

Trump in Trumpland preaching... with everyone directly behind him wearing “read the transcript” t-shirts 

Un-fckin real, Next level stupid.

PLEASE... make “read the transcript” the  next campaign modo going forward.

Edited by Canorth
  • Haha 1

Rand Paul selling himself out, like the coward he is... Quoting his master, calling Adam Shiff “shifty shiff”

Good bye, America.

• Thanks 1

Sondland changes testimony, acknowledges delivering quid pro quo message to Ukraine

Sondland provided additional testimony to House impeachment investigators this week that updates his deposition from last month.

Nov. 5, 2019, 11:10 AM PST
By Josh Lederman and Adam Edelman

WASHINGTON — U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told House impeachment investigators this week that he now remembers telling a top aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that Ukraine would not receive U.S. military assistance until it committed to investigating the 2016 election and former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a person with knowledge of Sondland's testimony.

Sondland's latest testimony — stated in a three-page declaration to the House committees leading the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump — represents an update to the testimony he gave in October and contains significant new details. That includes a fuller accounting of the role he played in personally telling the Ukrainians they needed to cooperate with the demands of Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, if they wanted the aid money.

The timeline of events Sondland outlined in his opening statement in October largely absolved him of any wrongdoing or of having any foreknowledge of a scheme to use U.S. foreign policy to advance Trump’s political interests. That characterization, however, was at stark odds with both the testimony of other officials and with written records obtained by the House in its impeachment inquiry. His new testimony makes clear that he had been well aware that releasing foreign aid was conditional to Ukraine launching the desired investigations.

According to the new sworn declaration, Sondland told Congress that his memory was refreshed after reviewing the opening statements given to Congress by Bill Taylor, the acting ambassador to Ukraine, and Tim Morrison, a former adviser to Trump on Russian and European affairs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/sondland-changes-testimony-acknowledges-delivering-quid-pro-quo-message-ukraine-n1076736

Adiós, sayōnara, ciao, auf wiedersehen, do svidaniya, Wastrel Wankster... the Rotund Lady is backstage warming up the aria, now....

image.png.bf90cea598e3c528b172da078efc400e.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Sondland changes testimony, acknowledges delivering quid pro quo message to Ukraine

Sondland provided additional testimony to House impeachment investigators this week that updates his deposition from last month.

Nov. 5, 2019, 11:10 AM PST
By Josh Lederman and Adam Edelman

WASHINGTON — U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told House impeachment investigators this week that he now remembers telling a top aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that Ukraine would not receive U.S. military assistance until it committed to investigating the 2016 election and former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a person with knowledge of Sondland's testimony.

Sondland's latest testimony — stated in a three-page declaration to the House committees leading the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump — represents an update to the testimony he gave in October and contains significant new details. That includes a fuller accounting of the role he played in personally telling the Ukrainians they needed to cooperate with the demands of Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, if they wanted the aid money.

The timeline of events Sondland outlined in his opening statement in October largely absolved him of any wrongdoing or of having any foreknowledge of a scheme to use U.S. foreign policy to advance Trump’s political interests. That characterization, however, was at stark odds with both the testimony of other officials and with written records obtained by the House in its impeachment inquiry. His new testimony makes clear that he had been well aware that releasing foreign aid was conditional to Ukraine launching the desired investigations.

According to the new sworn declaration, Sondland told Congress that his memory was refreshed after reviewing the opening statements given to Congress by Bill Taylor, the acting ambassador to Ukraine, and Tim Morrison, a former adviser to Trump on Russian and European affairs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/sondland-changes-testimony-acknowledges-delivering-quid-pro-quo-message-ukraine-n1076736

Adiós, sayōnara, ciao, auf wiedersehen, do svidaniya, Wastrel Wankster... the Rotund Lady is backstage warming up the aria, now....

image.png.bf90cea598e3c528b172da078efc400e.png

Haha didn't want to go down for lying. 

Add to that, this goodie:

@realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public....

....to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!

Edited by Duodenum
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

So tell us again how Biden's son got rich because of corruption.  

TrumpplugjrbooklCENZVr6BPjGovV4brIbSRptStMaHwgFfsRTo3viQU.jpg

my god what a low point for the US. A President schilling books on twitter. 

This may be a tinfoil hat conspiracy, but it could be a possible reason why TRUMP pulled out of Northern Syria.  This plus TRUMP's business interests in Turkey would easily be enough for TRUMP to turn tail and betray US interests in the region.  But hey, if TRUMPists get to push all kinds of conspiracy theories about Shillary, Biden, the DNC etc., then sue me for posting this one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7646171/Jared-Kushner-claim-greenlit-arrest-Jamal-Khashoggi-phone-call-Saudi-Prince-nonsense-White-House.html

Kushner gave Saudi ruler permission to arrest Jamal Khashoggi before journalist was killed and dismembered 'false nonsense'

• White House calls claim in British conservative news magazine's gossip column  that Jared Kushner green-lighted Jamal Khashoggi's arrest 
  • Article claims more whistleblowers have come forward to Democrat-led House of Representatives with claims of wrongdoing by Trump officials 
  • Report says one whistleblower is alleging that Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, approved Saudi plans to arrest Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi
  • According to Spectator, Turkey intercepted call between Kushner and Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and then used it to gain leverage over Trump 
  • Trump agreed to remove American troops from northern Syria after a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan 
  • White House official calls report 'false nonsense'' Spectator acknowledged of its own report 'whether any of this is true is another matter' 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

my god what a low point for the US. A President schilling books on twitter. 

Own the Libs!!!

I could probably run on that alone, steal a ton of money, and get 30-35% of the vote in Canada or the US.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Own the Libs!!!

I could probably run on that alone, steal a ton of money, and get 30-35% of the vote in Canada or the US.

Well......you'd get 100% in Alberta, that's for sure.....

'You can't let that happen to me!' Trump begs Kentucky fans to block defeat of GOP gov.

The president has invested significant political clout in the governor's race, which should be a shoo-in for the GOP incumbent in this deep-red state.

LEXINGTON, Ky. — President Donald Trump made a last-minute push on Monday night for Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, a strong ally who is facing a tough re-election bid in a deep-red state that should be a shoo-in for Republicans.

"Here's the story," Trump told thousand of supporters ahead of Tuesday's election. "If you win, they are going to make it like, ho hum. And if you lose, they are going to say Trump suffered the greatest defeat in the history of the world. You can't let that happen to me!"

Trump's campaign is hoping the president, who won Kentucky by 30 percentage points in 2016, can give Bevin a boost over Democrat Andy Beshear, the state's attorney general, in what is regarded as a close contest, as the president continues to road test his message on the impeachment inquiry dogging his administration.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/you-can-t-let-happen-me-trump-begs-kentucky-fans-n1076346

Thre race has just been called for Democrat Andy Beshear by a razor thin margin.

Kentucky has a Democrat Governor.

Kentucky's Moscow Mitch who is up for re-election in 2020 is hearing footsteps.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1