DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

52 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just like with Hillary.

Large swaths of the American public have had quite enough of their establishment schtick and are perfectly willing to vote for an orange buffoon over more of the same from the Dems.

And yet Hillary had more votes than Drumpf, so they, at least, knew how bad he would likely be.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Well wasn't that just the biggest bloody pile of carefully scripted bull$&!# statement you'd never want to see from a POTUS? One blatant, easily disproved, lie after another and the Republican lapdogs and sycophants just lap it up like recently regurgitated kibble. I must say, watching the Military man on the right behind The Wankmeister doing his very best to keep his eyes under control so they wouldn't roll was most entertaining.

Trump is not a well man...mispronouncing simple words again...losing his place...out of breath after the short walk from his desk behind the doors...Nice timing by the way so that the light would shine behind him so he looks like some sort of misbegotten prophet striding forward....and what was all the sniffing and snorting and almost losing his teeth again about?

How any self-respecting, intelligent human being could/would/can believe the lies that this slug just stood there and uttered today defies understanding.

Edited by Cerridwen
Missed word
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yup. It's especially humorous that they had solid candidates they could have actually won with but their power brokers evidently think it better to lose with people they can keep their thumbs on than win with someone they can't.

Just like with Hillary.

Large swaths of the American public have had quite enough of their establishment schtick and are perfectly willing to vote for an orange buffoon over more of the same from the Dems.

yeah. I just don't see Biden energizing the base, while the impeachment thing will bring out all the republican base, it'll be a tailgating party too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I was involved with the PC party under Mulroney. I gave up on Mulroney before his first term was over and help stat the Reform Party. Reform was grassroots and attracted supporters from across the spectrum. I didn't see social conservatives dominating the process. Bottom line is that party leaderships don't like grassroots because they cannot control the narrative. Harper hadn't been in power long before 'top down' was reasserted. Membership cut him slack because he was our guy. Meanwhile the Red Tories re-established themselves and took the Party back. If AMbrose signs 10,000 members do you really think they will actually have a vote on a platform?  Delegates are the only ones who vote and they are selected. Kind of a rigged game. 

In the early years under Manning there were discussions of the Swiss form of canton governance. Very grassroots and ubber democratic. To many people take some comfort in personalizing party leadership and not understanding how they got there. The bottom line is the majority of citizens today are not making it. They vote for people like Turdeau and Trump in hopes their prospects will improve.  

um, as a former 'red tory' when exactly did that happen? under the Harper/Scheer regime the current CPC resembles nothing of the Mulroney era and offers very little to the red tory group. Thats why a lot of us jumped ship to Martin and haven't gone back. 

I do think Rona could tip the scales with 10,000 new voters even with delegates playing games. 

In the US tho it would be far more difficult for a moderate to top the Trumper base at the nomination stage - but its not impossible. It would take a pretty special candidate, which hasn't emerged yet. Maybe Bill Gates could pull it off :P

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Well wasn't that just the biggest bloody pile of carefully scripted bull$&!# statement you'd never want to see from a POTUS? One blatant, easily disproved, lie after another and the Republican lapdogs and sycophants just lap it up like recently regurgitated kibble. I must say, watching the Military man on the right behind The Wankmeister doing his very best to keep his eyes under control so they wouldn't roll was most entertaining.

Trump is not a well man...mispronouncing simple words again...losing his place...out of breath after the short walk from his desk behind the doors...Nice timing by the way so that the light would shine behind him so he looks like some sort of misbegotten prophet striding forward....and what was all the sniffing and snorting and almost losing his teeth again about?

How any self-respecting, intelligent human being could/would/can believe the lies that this slug just stood there and uttered today defies understanding.

Did you not hear him? Iran is a threat to the cibilissd world.

• Haha 3

So I wonder how many people who thought Shillary would be worse still think that.  Certainly those not solidly in team TRUMP may have buyers remorse. 

Business insider article link

GOP Sen. Mike Lee furious after an 'insulting' Senate briefing on Trump's Iran strike: 'The worst briefing ... on a military issue I've seen in 9 years'

• Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah was furious on Wednesday after a Senate briefing on President Donald Trump's decision to order an airstrike that killed Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
  • Lee called it "probably the worst briefing, at least on a military issue, I've seen in nine years I've been here."
  • He said he "walked into that briefing undecided" on whether to support a war-powers resolution being pushed by Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia. The resolution would limit the Trump administration's ability to take further military action against Iran without congressional authorization.
  • "That briefing is what changed my mind," Lee said. "I'm now going to support it."
  • Other lawmakers - both Republican and Democratic - also ripped the Trump administration after being briefed on the strike, saying they saw little evidence to support such drastic measures against Iran
  • Hydration 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:02 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

TRUMP went on and on about Obama starting a war with Iran for reasons like low poll numbers, or getting reelected.   

Now he goes and stirs the hornet's nest.  Example number 373727381818 of TRUMP doing exactly what he criticized others would do.

Or...He does the same as others and gets label mentally unstable lol, 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

OK so wtf??? Quietly the DoJ has now closed the investigation into Killary? So instead of facing hundreds upon hundreds of years in jail for extortion, racketeering, murder, treason, child sex trafficking, personally authorizing the benghazi attack and then cover-up, hand delivering 20% of the worlds uranium to Russia and the list goes on for miles, she is still free?

I mean how many at the DoJ are still taking direct orders from Obama? Trump and/or Barr need to authorize executive orders to arrest and quickly. 

But... what about her E-mails?!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Red Light Racicot said:

But... what about her E-mails?!

Q Anon will be dropping those.....about the time OJ brings in the real killers.....

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

OK so wtf??? Quietly the DoJ has now closed the investigation into Killary? So instead of facing hundreds upon hundreds of years in jail for extortion, racketeering, murder, treason, child sex trafficking, personally authorizing the benghazi attack and then cover-up, hand delivering 20% of the worlds uranium to Russia and the list goes on for miles, she is still free?

I mean how many at the DoJ are still taking direct orders from Obama? Trump and/or Barr need to authorize executive orders to arrest and quickly. 

Sure sounds like all these people are in bed together.  Does it really change anything who the US citizens elect?  Trump is clearly a buffoon.  But really there are likely very powerful people with their hands so far up the President’s rear (no matter who it is) they are moving his/her lips. 

• Hydration 1

Bit of a surprise as Matt Gaetz is supporting the vote to limit Trump's military power and Bone Spurs is reportedly not happy about it:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-angered-by-house-allys-push-to-limit-his-authority-on-iran/ar-BBYQewg?li=AAggNb9

Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican and staunch ally of President Trump, pushed other Republicans to vote in favor of limiting Trump’s authority in the military confrontation with Iran, drawing ire from the president and other Republicans in Congress, according to aides and emails.

“Reclaiming Congressional power is the Constitutional conservative position!” Devin Murphy, Gaetz’s legislative director, wrote to all Republican offices around 11 a.m. Thursday, underlining the text, according to the email obtained by The Washington Post.

The message, arguing for Republicans to buck the president, ended: “We WILL be voting in favor of H. Con. Res. 83, and hope you will do the same!”

It was a risky move that surprised the president and showed rare fissures in a Republican Party that Trump has firmly controlled. Trump fiercely complained about Gaetz after aides informed Trump that his office had sent the email backing the resolution, which was pushed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Trump’s team lobbied heavily against the nonbinding resolution. 

“The Trump administration was disappointed in the congressman’s vote and is hopeful that as the president’s foreign policy continues to unfold, he will reconsider his points of view,” Eric Ueland, the head of legislative affairs for the White House, said in an interview.

Gaetz and a spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Of course, it should be a complete no brainer to limit the military reach of an impulsive neophyte who claims to know more than his generals.....but it's pretty rare to see the GOP do the right thing, instead of what they think Trump wants them to do....

• Hydration 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, DarthMelvin said:

Or...He does the same as others and gets label mentally unstable lol, 

Trump started the chain reaction of killing the general that eventually lead to a Canadian tragedy and also an Iranian Tragedy. Trump should just resign, their supporters are even more mentally unstable if they still support this clown. The only reason he became president is due to trying to one up Obama and undoing everything Obama did. Trump supporters are just sheeps that think they know better.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Bit of a surprise as Matt Gaetz is supporting the vote to limit Trump's military power and Bone Spurs is reportedly not happy about it:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-angered-by-house-allys-push-to-limit-his-authority-on-iran/ar-BBYQewg?li=AAggNb9

Of course, it should be a complete no brainer to limit the military reach of an impulsive neophyte who claims to know more than his generals.....but it's pretty rare to see the GOP do the right thing, instead of what they think Trump wants them to do....

I think the deadline for primary challengers to appear on the ballot may have passed.  He may feel safe to make votes like this without fear of a well funded primary challenger. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/8/2020 at 1:00 PM, Cerridwen said:

Simply put, they aren't self-respecting, intelligent human beings. They're just like him, slugs and trash, the lot of them.

"Owning the libs" isn't a policy.

• Hydration 1

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think he asked if he could have his vote back.. must have been a bit tipsy that vote... As long as he doesn’t drive I guess.

Any Trump success burns in the gut of most on here. He is winning in the ME as Iran has to come to the table. Whereas Obama appeased as a matter of course Trump has not. Trump the irrational warlord has not in fact invaded any number of countries that armchair generals have suggested he would. Go figure.

Meanwhile on the home front, record employment, healthy consumer spending, lots of investment capital being spent and record optimism by small business. The Democrats continue to soil their pants as November inches closer. Those that cannot stand Trump dwell on his incompetence and ignorance. that isn't selling that well to the voters who are probably going to vote him back in. What should scare Democrats more than anything else is that more Blacks and Hispanics are moving into the GOP camp. 

None of the candidates running for the Dems are electable. They had better get a Tim Cook or Bill Gates to run for them if they have any hope. Either of these two guys could actually run a government with a business plan that would convince people to vote for them. If I was an American I might vote for them!  

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Any Trump success burns in the gut of most on here. He is winning in the ME as Iran has to come to the table. Whereas Obama appeased as a matter of course Trump has not. Trump the irrational warlord has not in fact invaded any number of countries that armchair generals have suggested he would. Go figure.

Meanwhile on the home front, record employment, healthy consumer spending, lots of investment capital being spent and record optimism by small business. The Democrats continue to soil their pants as November inches closer. Those that cannot stand Trump dwell on his incompetence and ignorance. that isn't selling that well to the voters who are probably going to vote him back in. What should scare Democrats more than anything else is that more Blacks and Hispanics are moving into the GOP camp. 

None of the candidates running for the Dems are electable. They had better get a Tim Cook or Bill Gates to run for them if they have any hope. Either of these two guys could actually run a government with a business plan that would convince people to vote for them. If I was an American I might vote for them!  

you look at the middle east and see "winning"? OK. I guess it helps not look at Yemen. I guess its been like a week since that plane was shot down.

That home front success comes at at the cost of 1 trillion in new debt, but you never seem to mention that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Guessing you wrote this while researching $200 billion missing LNG money from BC

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1

I will believe in a Hispanic/African American turnout for Trump when I see one. So far the evidence I have seen cited of Trump's growing popularity among POC seems to be coming from mostly GOP backed entities. Unemployment was trending down under Obama as well, the question even then was what were the Democrats going to do to address stagnant wages and combat increasing income inequality. Coming up with solutions for that problem without losing the center/independents is the biggest challenge. I still believe that while Sleepy Joe won't ignite this base, he is Trump's biggest challenger. Trump took extraordinary measures to try to dig up dirt on Biden, seemingly he isn't as confident about re-election as some of his supporters here seem to be. 

I don't believe that this go around a Democrat needs to "energize" the base, Trump has already taken care of that. The question is if the Dems shoot themselves in the foot before they even get to face Trump by electing a Bernie/Warren and losing the center.