DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

Meanwhile, in non impeachment news, the big story apparently is prince Charles' snub of Pence and his wife at an event in Jerusalem:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/palace-admits-prince-charles-didnt-shake-hands-with-mike-pence-but-says-it-wasnt-a-snub/ar-BBZglQu?li=AAggFp5

i was never much of a fan of old Dumbo Ears....but this makes me like him a bit more....B)

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meanwhile, in non impeachment news, the big story apparently is prince Charles' snub of Pence and his wife at an event in Jerusalem:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/palace-admits-prince-charles-didnt-shake-hands-with-mike-pence-but-says-it-wasnt-a-snub/ar-BBZglQu?li=AAggFp5

i was never much of a fan of old Dumbo Ears....but this makes me like him a bit more....B)

Desperately trying to stay relevant. 

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Desperately trying to stay relevant. 

By not shaking hands with someone?

....I guess....:unsure:

On 1/22/2020 at 12:05 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

True but Trump's base isn't enough to win him the election on its own. He still needs moderates and undecided to put him over the top; as well as low voter turnout as high turnout almost never favors Republicans.  

He also needs the other party selecting a candidate that doesn't inspire people to vote for that other person.  Whatever you say about Bone Spurs, his base of support is rock solid.  He could run over a bunch of puppies & then back up over then AGAIN AND AGAIN...and his support won't change.  Though his base of support isn't likely to increase that much either.

34 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Reminds me of the time Guy Lapointe reacted to Pierre Trudeau visiting the locker room.  Peee-air was shaking the various players hands but just before he got to Lapointe....Lapointe put vaseline all over his hands!  So when it came for him to shake the PMs hand....Pierre reacted in complete surprise (like, wtf is this).  Guy Lapointe was a noted prankster and this was just one of his many stunts (comedy relief to release any tension built up over a long regular season).

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Reminds me of the time Guy Lapointe reacted to Pierre Trudeau visiting the locker room.  Peee-air was shaking the various players hands but just before he got to Lapointe....Lapointe put vaseline all over his hands!  So when it came for him to shake the PMs hand....Pierre reacted in complete surprise (like, wtf is this).  Guy Lapointe was a noted prankster and this was just one of his many stunts (comedy relief to release any tension built up over a long regular season).

We used to do a bunch of things like that...(not to the Prime Minister, of course)

Shaving cream in the skates was a common one, as was unscrewing the lid on the water bottle just before someone came off the ice....

One time, we all collected our sock tape for about a  month and turned it into a basketball sized roll. Then we snuck it into our backup goalie's bag while he was in the shower. He went home wondering WTF his gear felt so heavy that day....

• Hydration 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:18 AM, coastal.view said:

impeachment hearings

is it just me ?

online searches to get to and review managers arguments/submissions

seem awfully hard to find

why is this ?

why is there not just an impeachment hearings link

that simply sets out a list of every submission made at the hearing

in order

so that a person can simply select what they might want to review

i have never seen anything of this importance

lack basic organization

and searchability

this is all a bit strange in my view

but maybe there is something missing in my search skills

does anyone have a site/link that can fulflil my basic need?

There's one decent article on BBC... I honestly haven't been paying a ton of attention but I do find it interesting that so many people on these boards are calling for his head on this when it seems much more circumstantial and mundane then what the prime minister they likely voted for has done.....  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39945744

33 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

There's one decent article on BBC... I honestly haven't been paying a ton of attention but I do find it interesting that so many people on these boards are calling for his head on this when it seems much more circumstantial and mundane then what the prime minister they likely voted for has done.....  

Obviously. :picard:

I think we covered Strawmen around 1000 pages ago. 

Edited by Canada Hockey Place
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Obviously. :picard:

I think we covered Strawmen around 1000 pages ago. 

Strawman?  I didn’t even make an argument just an observation.  I’m well aware of the fact that the appearance of hypocrisy from forum posters doesn’t have a bearing on whether or not Trump should be impeached.

For the record... the reason I don’t follow too closely is my disinterest in the ridiculous partisanship in mainstream media.... left and right.  

6 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Strawman?  I didn’t even make an argument just an observation.  I’m well aware of the fact that the appearance of hypocrisy from forum posters doesn’t have a bearing on whether or not Trump should be impeached.

For the record... the reason I don’t follow too closely is my disinterest in the ridiculous partisanship in mainstream media.... left and right.  

I don't think you'll find as many Trudeau supporters calling for Trump's impeachment as you think you will here. 

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I don't think you'll find as many Trudeau supporters calling for Trump's impeachment as you think you will here. 

Perhaps.... I always forget the west coast leans a little further left on the spectrum :p. 

That being said, it all stinks like partisan jostling on steroids to me.

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

thanks

i'd like to actually listen to good chunks of the arguments or submissions myself

as i cannot often hear them live

i'd have thought it would be easier to do this then it actually is

pbs seems to have some of them

but i cannot believe there is not a government website set up

that will allow all citizens easy access to everything that might occur at this important hearing/trial

even getting live feeds has been problematic today

val demings was very good.. i caught a big chuck of her first day submission

schiff has been very good, well except for the last submissions i viewed of him (earlier today, might have been a replay of yesterday), he seemed tired, he mis-spoke quite a few times, and he seemed unable to put his argument together solidly as he just seemed a bit unfocused and scattered, he lacked conviction.   i think he took on too much.  there were other managers who could have handled some of the load he took on.  

Edited by coastal.view

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

thanks

i'd like to actually listen to good chunks of the arguments or submissions myself

as i cannot often hear them live

i'd have thought it would be easier to do this then it actually is

pbs seems to have some of them

but i cannot believe there is not a government website set up

that will allow all citizens easy access to everything that might occur at this important hearing/trial

Almost like there's lots of shouting and little substance..... seems par for the course in politics these days :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Almost like there's lots of shouting and little substance..... seems par for the course in politics these days :rolleyes:

there was a lot of substance from the managers in what i heard/viewed

the gop is a circus, very poor quality presentation so far

i really wonder what they will do tomorrow

i expect the whole day to have little substance

could be terribly embarrassing

maybe they'll be done in 1 day ?

Just now, coastal.view said:

there was a lot of substance from the managers in what i heard/viewed

the gop is a circus, very poor quality presentation so far

i really wonder what they will do tomorrow

i expect the whole day to have little substance

could be terribly embarrassing

maybe they'll be done in 1 day ?

I don't disagree that the GOP is a circus... I just don't think the Dems are any better (I personally think they're worse but I know that view won't get much sympathy in most of The better North American country ;))

Certainly there are some decent sources out there and some level heads.... they just don't seem to often be the ones that are readily available imho.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/01/24/napolitano-impeachment-fox/

"

As the Senate reconvened Thursday for President Trump’s historic impeachment trial, a name began trending on Twitter among those pushing for the president’s removal from office: Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano.

Better known as Judge Napolitano or Judge Nap, the conservative commentator was once a Trump supporter and purveyor of conspiracy theories. But recently, Napolitano has shifted his stance on the president, voicing criticisms of Trump that are often at odds with the views of his fellow Fox News personalities.

Napolitano’s deviation from Fox News’s normally pro-Trump opinion programming continued this week when the former New Jersey Superior Court judge published an opinion piece pushing back against the president’s repeated claims that the impeachment proceeding is a “hoax.”

Napolitano described the proceedings as “deadly serious business based on well-established constitutional norms.” He also made a case for why he believes there is “ample and uncontradicted” evidence for the Senate to vote to remove the president, writing that there are “valid, lawful, constitutional arguments for Trump’s impeachment that he ought to take seriously.”

The op-ed appeared to have been first published Wednesday by the Washington Examiner, a conservative news outlet, before it showed up on Fox News’s site early Thursday.

“What is required for removal of the president?” Napolitano wrote. “A demonstration of presidential commission of high crimes and misdemeanors, of which in Trump’s case the evidence is ample and uncontradicted.”

This is not the first time that Napolitano has pushed for Trump’s impeachment in recent months, nor is his stance all that surprising, given that he has been described as a “staunch libertarian” who “places principles over partisanship, and who is outspoken and critical without resorting to ad hominem attacks.”

But the op-ed, which comes just days before Trump’s defense is expected to present its case Saturday, quickly gained traction on social media Thursday as many, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) and Rep. Katherine M. Clark (D-Mass.), shared the piece. By late Thursday, “Judge Napolitano” was a trending term on Twitter with tens of thousands of mentions.

“When Fox News’ top legal analyst debunks the rest of Fox News …” Swalwell tweeted. Clark, who is vice chair of the House Democratic caucus, wrote that Napolitano “acknowledges what we already know: the President abused his power & should be removed from office.”

More at link.

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

Perhaps.... I always forget the west coast leans a little further left on the spectrum :p. 

That being said, it all stinks like partisan jostling on steroids to me.

Well, that might be true for me but a lot of the others are centrists or conservatives who think Trump is a &^@#ing idiot. 

Trump is undermining the checks and balances of the US political system and creating a huge amount of disrespect for the ( Sic) “deep state”. Couple that with his persistent campaign against the free press, as in everything is “fake news”. 
Seems like he’s steering the Presidency in the direction of being a monarchy, or a “benevolent” dictatorship.

Much like the world leaders that he idolizes; for example Putin. Wonder if he’ll be able to pull off what Putin has in Russia.