DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump names Mark Meadows his new chief of staff, sends Mulvaney to N. Ireland

Under fire for his handling of the coronavirus crisis, U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday made a major staff overhaul, announcing that Rep. Mark Meadows will be replacing Mick Mulvaney as his chief of staff.

 

Trump announced the surprise reshuffle in a series of Friday night tweets, saying Mulvaney would become the U.S. special envoy for Northern Ireland.

 

“I have long known and worked with Mark, and the relationship is a very good one,” he wrote, thanking Mulvaney — who never shook his “acting” title — “for having served the Administration so well.”

 

The long-rumoured move makes Meadows, who announced he was not seeking reelection for his House seat from North Carolina, effectively Trump’s fourth chief of staff since taking office in 2017.

 

And it comes as the Trump administration has faced criticism for its handling of the novel coronavirus outbreak. Mulvaney had been leading the interagency response to the virus until Trump designated Vice-President Mike Pence to lead the whole-of-government effort more than a week ago.

 

Trump, who soured on Mulvaney not long after he assumed the role, has been eyeing the change for many months, but wanted to wait until after impeachment was over to make the move, according to two people familiar with his thinking who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly.

 

Some outside advisers had cautioned Trump that a switch during the coronavirus crisis would rattle markets craving stability, and his decision to make the announcement after Wall Street had closed on Friday was partly informed by those concerns, the people said.

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6643792/donald-trump-chief-of-staff-mark-meadows/

 

**********************

 

4th COS in a little over 3 years.

 

Mulvaney was doomed when he said the following ...............

 

Mulvaney says US 'desperate' for legal immigrants to boost economy: report

02/20/20 04:40 PM EST

 

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told a private audience Wednesday that the U.S. needs more immigrants to keep the economy growing, according to an audio recording of his remarks obtained by The Washington Post.

 

“We are desperate — desperate — for more people,” Mulvaney said at the gathering in England. “We are running out of people to fuel the economic growth that we’ve had in our nation over the last four years. We need more immigrants."

Mulvaney's comments on immigration were revealed after a separate speech in England, also first reported by the Post, where he called out Republicans for ignoring budget deficits under President Trump.

"My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we’re a lot less interested as a party," Mulvaney said at the Oxford Union.

 

************************

 

Trump defends U.S. COVID-19 response, calls Wash. governor 'a snake' in scattershot CDC visit

Trump falsely said tests for coronavirus were available immediately to all who want it

U.S. President Donald Trump's visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday turned into a scattershot defence of his administration's handling of the coronavirus outbreak, veering into political score-settling, exaggerations and talk harking back to his impeachment.

 

With financial markets sliding and the virus spreading, Trump tried once more to quell the growing alarm that has prompted travel to be curtailed and events to be cancelled from coast to coast. But Trump, wearing his "Keep America Great" campaign hat while discussing the global worry, repeatedly detoured from his message of reassurance.

 

Trump called Washington state's governor, who is dealing with the most serious outbreak in the nation, a "snake." He said he'd prefer that people exposed to the virus on a cruise ship be left aboard so they wouldn't be added to the count for the nation's total number of infections. And he falsely claimed that a test for the virus was available immediately to all who want it.

 

He also suggested the accuracy of the coronavirus test was "perfect — like the letter was perfect." With that, Trump was making a comparison to the July phone call with Ukraine's president that led to his impeachment. Trump, who was acquitted by the Senate last month, has insisted he did nothing wrong.

 

Before departing Washington, Trump signed an $8.3 billion US coronavirus response funding bill at the White House and instructed the public: "Be calm. It will go away."

 

"We have very low numbers compared to major countries throughout the world. Our numbers are lower than just about anybody," Trump said about cases of the virus.

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-cdc-coronavirus-covid-19-1.5489645

 

There is no emoji available on this board to convey my feelings about Trump's latest idiocy and blatant lies.. I would post the puking one but honestly, it's been reduced to dry heaves.

One can only hope that Covid-19 finds Hizzoner Chief &^@#up and gives him a run for his money.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What? Trump doesn’t get any credit for exposing how exposed the USA is to the Chinese supply chain? Obama couldn’t thank the Cicoms enough and Trump hold# them to account. Sounds like a winner come November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canorth said:

Flush one and make another. I guess it’s time to switch out the turd in the bowl for the painful splatter, that is Mark Meadows 

 

It's always nice to cross another name off the bingo card, unfortunately, it seems like almost every time, Trump manages to find someone worse to fill the post.

 

IMO, that's why DeVos, Cain and Miller are safe.....there is no-one worse....

 

If I had to guess who will be the next sacrificial lamb, I'd probably go with Pompeo, or maybe Mnuchin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

What? Trump doesn’t get any credit for exposing how exposed the USA is to the Chinese supply chain? Obama couldn’t thank the Cicoms enough and Trump hold# them to account. Sounds like a winner come November.

Sure he should get credit for that,  just like he should get credit for his statement that he didn’t know that you could die from the influenza (his grandfather died from the virus).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sure he should get credit for that,  just like he should get credit for his statement that he didn’t know that you could die from the influenza (his grandfather died from the virus).  

Trump's knowledge of medicine runs deep.....just ask him:

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/maybe-i-have-a-natural-ability-trump-plays-medical-expert-on-coronavirus-by-second-guessing-the-professionals/ar-BB10SFyv?li=AAggFp4

Quote

 

“I like this stuff. I really get it,” Trump boasted to reporters during a tour of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, where he met with actual doctors and scientists who are feverishly scrambling to contain and combat the deadly illness. Citing a “great, super-genius uncle” who taught at MIT, Trump professed that it must run in the family genes.

People are really surprised I understand this stuff,” he said. “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

 

He "really gets it".....the same guys who said this:

Quote

 

President Donald Trump on Monday asked whether the flu vaccine would be useful in fighting COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

His question came during a meeting with pharmaceutical executives and members of his administration's coronavirus task force. Leonard Schleifer, CEO of the biotechnology company Regeneron, said that while millions of people were vaccinated for the flu, no one had yet gotten a vaccine to prevent COVID-19, The Independent reported.

"But the same vaccine could not work?" Trump said. "You take a solid flu vaccine — you don't think that would have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

"No," Schleifer replied.

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-if-flu-vaccine-could-stop-coronavirus-2020-3

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's always nice to cross another name off the bingo card, unfortunately, it seems like almost every time, Trump manages to find someone worse to fill the post.

 

IMO, that's why DeVos, Cain and Miller are safe.....there is no-one worse....

 

If I had to guess who will be the next sacrificial lamb, I'd probably go with Pompeo, or maybe Mnuchin...

I think you mean Ben Carson. Then again he did try to make Herman Cain a Federal Reserve governor. Until that potential appointment died of ridicule.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I think you mean Ben Carson. Then again he did try to make Herman Cain a Federal Reserve governor. Until that potential appointment died of ridicule.

Yep. Brain cramp.

 

Could have been worse, I suppose.....

 

...I could have said Omarosa....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this story there are over 500 cases of COVID-19 in the states and  at least 21 dead.

1 in 23.8 people dead, over 4.75 percent.

Seems a bit different than Drumpf's number.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/governments-step-up-coronavirus-response-as-us-cases-top-500/ar-BB10VbH5?ocid=spartandhp

 

"the United States, where the number of cases topped 500, warned citizens against cruise travel. "

"Some White House officials privately believe the number of U.S. cases will double — or more — in the next 48 hours. At least 21 people have died. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, nux4lyfe said:

 

 

 

 

social justice warriors love to preach about diversity non stop, but when it comes to real diversity (diversity of opinion), they lose their marbles. i'm not sure if racist scumbags like keith boykin are aware that they do more harm than good to their party 

Edited by infinitecarnage
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/congressmen-collins-and-gaetz-had-contact-with-trump-before-they-self-quarantined-over-coronavirus-concerns/ar-BB10XyKl?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

 

Two Republican congressmen had contact with President Donald Trump before they announced they were entering self-quarantine because they been previously exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

 

 

 

Slight chance that Trump was exposed to the coronavirus.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good look on the surface but I don't know what the 'standard' is for campaigning. But it looks like the Trump campaign is funneling money to his family through private accounts: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/10/trump-campaign-chief-is-funneling-pay-to-eric-trumps-wife-don-jrs-girlfriend-report/23945684/

 

"The family benefits are linked to a network of politically connected private companies — operating with the support and help of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner — that have charged roughly $75 million since 2017 to the Trump reelection campaign, the Republican National Committee and other Republican clients, according to the Times. 

Guilfoyle last year angrily confronted Parscale about late checks owed to her, two witnesses told the Times. He reportedly promised that the situation would be rectified by his wife, Candice Parscale, who often handles his company accounts."

"Parscale declined to comment to the Times “in detail” on the article, the paper reported. He has, however, said in the past that private companies provide greater flexibility in a campaign, given campaign finance law requirements, noted the Times."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Not a good look on the surface but I don't know what the 'standard' is for campaigning. But it looks like the Trump campaign is funneling money to his family through private accounts: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/10/trump-campaign-chief-is-funneling-pay-to-eric-trumps-wife-don-jrs-girlfriend-report/23945684/

 

"The family benefits are linked to a network of politically connected private companies — operating with the support and help of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner — that have charged roughly $75 million since 2017 to the Trump reelection campaign, the Republican National Committee and other Republican clients, according to the Times. 

Guilfoyle last year angrily confronted Parscale about late checks owed to her, two witnesses told the Times. He reportedly promised that the situation would be rectified by his wife, Candice Parscale, who often handles his company accounts."

"Parscale declined to comment to the Times “in detail” on the article, the paper reported. He has, however, said in the past that private companies provide greater flexibility in a campaign, given campaign finance law requirements, noted the Times."

Sorry but your conspiracy guesses have to have more basis than your so called newspaper source. If Trump or any other politician on either side of the aisle want to make big money all they have to do is use their knowledge on legislation to play the markets. They all do it and it is unbelievably legal. The record of politicians going into government with modest means and coming out millionaires is stunning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sorry but your conspiracy guesses have to have more basis than your so called newspaper source. If Trump or any other politician on either side of the aisle want to make big money all they have to do is use their knowledge on legislation to play the markets. They all do it and it is unbelievably legal. The record of politicians going into government with modest means and coming out millionaires is stunning. 

Why Isn’t Congressional Insider Trading Illegal?

By the letter of the law, it is. In 2012, President Obama signed the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act.

This law sought to crack down on white-collar crime in Washington. Among other provisions, it instituted strict disclosure requirements for congressmen who were buying and selling securities.

At first, the law worked like a charm. The number of stock transactions made by congressmen plunged more than 50% from 2011 to 2012. Those who kept trading had to post their trades to a searchable online database.

But then, just a year after the STOCK Act was passed, Congress amended it in a quick procedural vote. Surprise, surprise – it got rid of the online disclosure requirement.

 

:lol:

 

https://investmentu.com/why-congressional-insider-trading-legal-profitable/

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.