DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

Just now, Toews said:

When rhetoric meets reality. Fox News of all networks should have been the most concerned about this considering the average age of their viewing audience. Hopefully this is a reminder to their viewers like if they want the unadulterated facts, they are not going to get them from the likes of Ingraham and Hannity.

Unrelated, but I don't know what it is about Pirro but I just feel like throwing something at whatever screen has her on. I don't understand it, its something that just drives me up the wall. At least with Tucker I know its his face.

Hide contents

5h6pe1hu75n01.jpg

At least Carlson was one of the first to admit the coronavirus needs to be taken seriously. 

Unfortunately, lots of people aren't:

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/florida-now-has-more-than-150-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus/

Can see that people are still out and about, idiots. Poll showed that only 40% of Repubs cared about the virus. Only 60something% of Democrats. Ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

At least Carlson was one of the first to admit the coronavirus needs to be taken seriously. 

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/florida-now-has-more-than-150-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus/

Can see that people are still out and about, idiots. Poll showed that only 40% of Repubs cared about the virus. Only 60something% of Democrats. Ridiculous. 

Its hard for people to give up their freedoms. I am personally looking into herd immunity, maybe me and a few others can purposefully infect ourselves? One of us gets it then we drive up to a remote location somewhere with supplies and ride it out. If you can only get this once it would be well worth the (minuscule) risk. 

43 minutes ago, Toews said:

Its hard for people to give up their freedoms. I am personally looking into herd immunity, maybe me and a few others can purposefully infect ourselves? One of us gets it then we drive up to a remote location somewhere with supplies and ride it out. If you can only get this once it would be well worth the (minuscule) risk. 

I don't think it's a good idea but you may find this an interesting read .............

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/is-there-a-point-when-the-herd-mentality-argument-makes-a-comeback-20200318

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Funny how the big names get a pass from Faux execs, while the smaller fish get thrown under the bus:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-trump-fox-business-trish-regan-removed-impeachment-conspiracy-a9403011.html

SMH at Mike Pompeo accusing Iran and China of "lying" about the Coronavirus....
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/pompeo-says-state-department-employees-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-as-he-blasts-iran-and-china-over-disinformation/ar-BB11lB7n?li=AAggFp5

Pompeo also focused on America's geopolitical foes Iran and China in connection to the pandemic, claiming that Iran has been lying about the impact of the outbreak and, like China, has been falsely trying to blame the virus on the US.

Iranian leaders have "lied about the Wuhan virus for weeks, the Iranian leadership is trying to avoid responsibility for their ... gross incompetence," Pompeo said, speaking to reporters at the State Department.

Pot...meet kettle....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently, Burr (Senate Intelligence Committee chairman) was warning rich donors about the coronavirus over 3 weeks ago, comparing it to the Spanish Flu:

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818192535/burr-recording-sparks-questions-about-private-comments-on-covid-19

This was the same time Fox news and Trump were telling the general public not to worry, democrat hoax, all under control. 

Snakes.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Hydration 3

Posted (edited)

Later on Hannity angrily confronted accusations that he had crawled all the way up Trump's rump. "Ask Mike (Pence), he is there all the time. He will tell you I haven't been anywhere near it." 

Edited by Toews
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Toews said:

When rhetoric meets reality. Fox News of all networks should have been the most concerned about this considering the average age of their viewing audience. Hopefully this is a reminder to their viewers that if they want the unadulterated facts, they are not going to get them from the likes of Ingraham and Hannity.

Unrelated, but I don't know what it is about Pirro but I just feel like throwing something at whatever screen has her on. I don't understand it, its something that just drives me up the wall. At least with Tucker I know its his face.

Reveal hidden contents

5h6pe1hu75n01.jpg

CNN is the laughs and giggles group so who do you watch?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

CNN is a joke. Their hyper focus on all things Trump to the exclusion of many other important stories is a big part of the problem imo. 

Neither Fox or CNN is actual news... Both are OPINION on the news. 

Why people watch either aside for a few laughs is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Neither Fox or CNN is actual news... Both are OPINION on the news. 

Why people watch either aside for a few laughs is beyond me. 

Neither should be taken at face value since they both have a political leaning. However, it's worth noting that one of the two up until recently had it's anchors downplaying the severity of the current health crisis and supporting conspiracy theories, in lockstep with the rhetoric put forth by Donald Trump, while the other was putting actual health professionals (including Anthony Fauci) on the air to handle the "opinion" portion of the show.

• Hydration 1

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Watching any of these opinion news channels is a waste of any individual's time. I used to watch Real Time with Bill Maher but Bill began annoying me when he began to pretend that Trump would refuse to leave the White House. 

All media have some political bias as well as benefactors that they will try hard not to criticize. But as far as reporting standards, I would say they are worse on the right than on the left. Fox is responsible for proliferating more misinformation than CNN, Trump being a corrupt, amoral President makes trying to gloss over his mistakes far more difficult, hence the outright lying. When people say CNN is akin to Fox to me it makes as much sense as believing Trump is akin to Obama. 

• Hydration 1

CNN white house correspondent delivering the important news...

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

CNN is a joke. Their hyper focus on all things Trump to the exclusion of many other important stories is a big part of the problem imo. 

One has to ask why these orgs ever gained the influence they ever did. There is a obvious political agenda but also a business side that lives for the ‘taps’ they can generate for advertisers. When that doesn’t work anymore you pull a CBC and say you want to go advert free. The taxpayer can pick up the full tab for our BS. 

The failure in in all of this is an electorate that is prepared to have someone else do their thinking for them and a political leadership that cannot communicate a philosophy that can evaluate issues with. I try to be a numbers guy. If the numbers don’t add up I am being sold a bill of goods and the salesman is a BS’er. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Hydration 2

8 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Doesn't quite have the same panache as one of his staff, who when speaking to a reporter of Asian descent, referred to it as the Kung Flu....

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Right and if the media started calling this the "Trump virus", you can bet that Dotard and his supporters would be up in arms. The virus already has a name COVID-19. While I don't think in this instance Trump is being racist, he is being extremely insensitive and needlessly stigmatizing a lot of Chinese Americans. Just another juvenile moment from a man that has consistently shown himself unfit to lead a country.

Edited by Toews

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Doesn't quite have the same panache as one of his staff, who when speaking to a reporter of Asian descent, referred to it as the Kung Flu....

Okay, that's amazing.

7 minutes ago, Toews said:

Right and if the media started calling this the "Trump virus", you can bet that Dotard and his supporters would be up in arms. The virus already has a name COVID-19. While I don't think in this instance Trump is being racist, he is being extremely insensitive and needlessly stigmatizing a lot of Chinese Americans. Just another juvenile moment from a man that has consistently shown himself unfit to lead a country.

It's basically a case of Trump doing what he always does.....deflect blame.

He knows he sh!t the bed with the response to the virus, so he's making a point of reminding everyone that he "didn't start it". Of course that means next to nothing, as the focus should be on ending it, but this is what Trump does and the MAGA crowd will always lap it up....

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Right and if the media started calling this the "Trump virus", you can bet that Dotard and his supporters would be up in arms. The virus already has a name COVID-19. While I don't think in this instance Trump is being racist, he is being extremely insensitive and needlessly stigmatizing a lot of Chinese Americans. Just another juvenile moment from a man unfit to lead a country.

It's just a fact of where it came from. He's obviously doing it on purpose to get a rise out of media and make them 'defend' China which certainly deserves any defending in their handling of this, and to clarify any propaganda about the military bringing it to China as the CCP claimed 

Love me some outrage articles.. crazy people get paid to write this stuff 

Trump’s new fixation on using a racist name for the coronavirus is dangerous

The president is stoking xenophobia with his rhetoric about the coronavirus.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/18/21185478/coronavirus-usa-trump-chinese-virus 

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Ah yes Kung Fluu... still looking for the white house official that used the term : )

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

It's just a fact of where it came from. He's obviously doing it on purpose to get a rise out of media and make them 'defend' China which certainly deserves any defending in their handling of this, and to clarify any propaganda about the military bringing it to China as the CCP claimed 

Love me some outrage articles.. crazy people get paid to write this stuff 

Trump’s new fixation on using a racist name for the coronavirus is dangerous

The president is stoking xenophobia with his rhetoric about the coronavirus.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/18/21185478/coronavirus-usa-trump-chinese-virus 

Ah yes Kung Fluu... still looking for the white house official that used the term : )

I see....so your position is that the reporter is lying?