DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

58 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah. "careless" :rolleyes:

Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images

Lmao is that a real picture? If it is, shows how absolutely deliberate and tremendously on purpose it is. 

Just now, Duodenum said:

Lmao is that a real picture? If it is, shows how absolutely deliberate and tremendously on purpose it is. 

Of course it is...

Frankly, I was surprised that anyone would believe that this isn't a deliberate, concerted effort to scapegoat the Chinese....have they not been paying attention for the past three years?

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Of course it is...

Frankly, I was surprised that anyone would believe that this isn't a deliberate, concerted effort to scapegoat the Chinese....have they not been paying attention for the past three years?

They definitely played their hand in the creation of the virus, no care for health standard practices. Now it's come to light that at least some US Republicans knew the economical impact and protected themselves before they started to enact protective measures for the general public. Sure, it protects their own bank account, the problem is every day of delay is that many more people dead.

I wonder if there's any Liberals in Canada who knew and did the same thing? If so, heads should roll. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Here is another US Senator found to have dumped shares prior to the stock market crash

Fri 20 Mar 2020 01:26:04 GMT

I posted earlier on: US Senator dumped up to USD 1.6m of stocks after reassuring public about coronavirus preparedness

The cesspit gets deeper. if this is anything to go by,:

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) reported the first sale of stock jointly owned by her and her husband on Jan. 24, the very day that her committee, the Senate Health Committee, hosted a private, all-senators briefing from administration officials, including the CDC director and Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institutes of Health of the United States, on the coronavirus.
  • The company's stock price has fallen by more than half since then
It was the first of 29 stock transactions that Loeffler and her husband made through mid-February, all but two of which were sales
  • One of Loeffler's two purchases was stock worth between $100,000 and $250,000 in Citrix, a technology company that offers teleworking software and which has seen a small bump in its stock price since Loeffler bought in as a result of coronavirus-induced
  • market turmoil.
From January 24 to mid February were very fortuitous times to be selling. 

Here comes the new moral police...........

Fox news' Tucker Carlson - Senator betrayed country in a time of crisis

Fri 20 Mar 2020 01:41:47 GMT

Carlson has asked the senator for a reasonable explanation, otherwise resign and be prosecuted for this:

Says it appears Burr  betrayed his country in a time of crisis

Carlson has asked the senator for a reasonable explanation, otherwise resing and be prosecuted for this:

US President Trump is a big fan of Carlson.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Hydration 2

The key will be if it can be proven that these senators were telling the public all is well (incl. the economy) at the time. Hence technically a “pump and dump” scheme, not to mention morally reprehensible. Otherwise, as long as their disclosures are in order, they can claim they are simply very fortunate.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Really? Has Trudeau or any of his staffers referred to it as the Wuhan virus? Chinese virus? Kung Flu?

Your support of Trump has put blinders on your outlook.

You absolutely just proved his point your obsession and hate for Trump is so great that you didn't even respond to what he said.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Hydration 1

16 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

only $1.6M worth.... Lightweight ;P... Be interesting to see how many friends and associates of politicians dumped right before things got really ugly. Bet you quite a few. 

I think Dianne Fienstein did the same thing.

28 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You absolutely just proved his point your obsession and hate for Trump is so great that you didn't even respond to what he said.

Disagree.

He was trying to make the case that Trudeau's and Trump's response to the Pandemic have been the same. I pointed out that while Trump lied about the US response and called it a hoax, Trudeau did neither. Instead, he's been listening to experts and self-isolated. Trump, OTOH, was at a gathering, shaking hands with everyone around him.

Trump's denials and disinformation may very well have cost American lives.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816501871/poll-as-coronavirus-spreads-fewer-americans-see-pandemic-as-a-real-threat

In the face of the coronavirus worsening across the U.S. and reordering the daily life of millions of Americans, fewer people view the pandemic as a real threat, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

Just about 56% of Americans consider the coronavirus a "real threat," representing a drop of 10 percentage points from last month. At the same time, a growing number of Americans think the coronavirus is being "blown out of proportion."

The differences between political parties are stark, with a majority of Republicans saying it is overblown and the vast majority of Democrats considering it a legitimate threat.

"Since the pandemic has taken root and grown in the United States, Democrats and Republicans are now poles apart," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist College Institute of Public Opinion. "The consequences of these differing perspectives are shaping how people are responding to calls for action."

Overall, fewer than half of U.S. adults are changing behaviors such as eating from home more often or canceling plans to avoid crowds, as recommended.

Posted (edited)

Saw this in the depths of a yahoo comment thread about the stock markets actually. Day by day quotes from President Orange re Covid 19. I put it into spoilers for space... and I have no way to cross reference them, it is from some guy on the internet but I do recognize some of the quotes. It's interesting to see how his message has changed from January

Spoiler

Trump's claims on COVID-19:
1/20: "I know more about viruses than anyone."

1/22: "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine."

2/02: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

2/10: "The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April."

2/24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

02/25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

02/25: "I think that's a problem that’s going to go away. They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine."

02/26: "The 15 [cases in the US] within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

02/26: "We're going very substantially down, not up."

02/27: "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear."

02/28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

02/28: "Coronavirus... And this is their new hoax."

03/02: "Nobody knew of the number of US flu deaths."

03/02: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

03/02: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly."

03/04: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."

03/05: "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."

03/05: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

03/06: "I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."

03/06: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful.... The tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

03/06: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

03/06: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

03/07: "No, I’m not concerned at all. No, I’m not."

03/08: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

03/09: "This blindsided the world."

03/13: "I don't know the gentleman that we're talking about, I have no idea who he is," responding to if he'll get tested after being photographed with people who tested positive for COVID-19.

03/13: "National emergency, two big words."

03/13: "No I don’t take responsibility for that at all."

03/16: "Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves."

03/17: "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

03/17: "I've always viewed it as very serious. There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."

03/18: "I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all."

Edited by I.Am.Ironman
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Trump may have cost his country a million lives, maybe more.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Saw this in the depths of a yahoo comment thread about the stock markets actually. Day by day quotes from President Orange re Covid 19. I put it into spoilers for space... and I have no way to cross reference them, it is from some guy on the internet but I do recognize some of the quotes. It's interesting to see how his message has changed from January

Reveal hidden contents

Trump's claims on COVID-19:
1/20: "I know more about viruses than anyone."

1/22: "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine."

2/02: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

2/10: "The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April."

2/24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

02/25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

02/25: "I think that's a problem that’s going to go away. They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine."

02/26: "The 15 [cases in the US] within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

02/26: "We're going very substantially down, not up."

02/27: "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear."

02/28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

02/28: "Coronavirus... And this is their new hoax."

03/02: "Nobody knew of the number of US flu deaths."

03/02: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

03/02: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly."

03/04: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."

03/05: "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."

03/05: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

03/06: "I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."

03/06: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful.... The tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

03/06: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

03/06: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

03/07: "No, I’m not concerned at all. No, I’m not."

03/08: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

03/09: "This blindsided the world."

03/13: "I don't know the gentleman that we're talking about, I have no idea who he is," responding to if he'll get tested after being photographed with people who tested positive for COVID-19.

03/13: "National emergency, two big words."

03/13: "No I don’t take responsibility for that at all."

03/16: "Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves."

03/17: "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

03/17: "I've always viewed it as very serious. There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."

03/18: "I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all."

Fffft....your hate for Trump is so great that you're resorting to posting stuff that he actually said.....<_<

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

But he's done the same as what Trudeau has done.....:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Disagree.

He was trying to make the case that Trudeau's and Trump's response to the Pandemic have been the same. I pointed out that while Trump lied about the US response and called it a hoax, Trudeau did neither. Instead, he's been listening to experts and self-isolated. Trump, OTOH, was at a gathering, shaking hands with everyone around him.

Trump's denials and disinformation may very well have cost American lives.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816501871/poll-as-coronavirus-spreads-fewer-americans-see-pandemic-as-a-real-threat

Pretty sure you're wishing he has covid19

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

More of your hysteria. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think Dianne Fienstein did the same thing.

Yep and im sure there are more.. Both sides of the isle. 

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

But he's done the same as what Trudeau has done.....:rolleyes:

But that million number is utterly ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pretty sure you're wishing he has covid19

More of your hysteria. 

Pretty sure you have no idea what I want.

This whole conversation started when I was criticizing the rhetoric used by the administration, specifically, their insistence in referring to COVID-19 as the "Chinese Flu". When a couple of the Trump apologists tried to make the case that it was an "off the cuff", or "careless" remark, I provided evidence to the contrary, showing that it is a concerted effort to scapegoat China.

What I want, is for people like Donald Trump to stop scapegoating andwhat I'd I'd like for people to stop apologizing for his shameful behavior. I know the chances of the second thing happening are about as likely as the first, but one can only hope.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

But that million number is utterly ridiculous. 

What number would you be comfortable with? It's clear that millions of Americans take Trump's word at face value, so it's likely that at least some of them have contracted the disease, because of his disseminating....

Lets just throw out an arbitrary number: What if it's 1000? Or even as low as 100? Is that number low enough that you feel comfortable saying that it's "no different" than JT?

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pretty sure you have no idea what I want.

This whole conversation started when I was criticizing the rhetoric used by the administration, specifically, their insistence in referring to COVID-19 as the "Chinese Flu". When a couple of the Trump apologists tried to make the case that it was an "off the cuff", or "careless" remark, I provided evidence to the contrary, showing that it is a concerted effort to scapegoat China.

What I want, is for people like Donald Trump to stop scapegoating andwhat I'd I'd like for people to stop apologizing for his shameful behavior. I know the chances of the second thing happening are about as likely as the first, but one can only hope.

Ya, none of that will happen Rupert.

Lines have been drawn.