DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

57 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.....B)

It is.

• Haha 2

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

It is.

Maybe in Trumpland and Albertastan, but the rest of the first world is pretty down with it...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

“More than anything, this pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing,” Mr. Obama said in an address streamed online. “A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”

For a far too brief span of a few minutes, it was refreshing to hear a thoughtful, lucid and grammatically coherent message from a President of The United States. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Posted (edited)

The Turd DNA is strong with this one.......

"On the plus side, it seems that Jeanine Pirro is relatively sober." :lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Red Light Racicot said:

Also: We all criticize how Trump behaves at pressers, but Obama's even worse!

I don’t know dude... it’s  been almost 24hrs since you posted that.... and I still can’t stop laughing when ever I see it 

Brilliant!

Edited by Canorth
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently Trump did have his own Pandemic playbook (2018).  And some simulations (Crimson Contagion - late 2019) were done.  

Lol at the back peddling the Trump team to PROVE they were on top of things.  A shiny binder with some pictures on the front.

Any bets that this was recently crafted for that press conference?

Since when has Trump ever waited to show he did something better and not brag about it?  Especially since he can also criticize Obama in the process  (as his newly pandemic playbook was supposedly written in 2018).

Edit:  more info.

One binder was a 2018 pandemic crisis action plan, McEnany said, and the other was the "Crimson Contagion 2019 after-action report," which "exposed... the shortcomings in legacy planning documents which informed President Trump's coronavirus response."

So in essence...it is Trump's own Pandemic Playbook that failed to get a jump on Covid-19.   And yet DT has repeatedly placed the blame on Obama.

:rolleyes:

Edited by BPA
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Maybe in Trumpland and Albertastan, but the rest of the first world is pretty down with it...

Really? 

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario all right wing governments. In BC the right wing party won the election. Across Canada the conservatives received the most votes. I think California just elected a right wing congressman. 

Natural selection seeing this like

6A6ADAFD-3179-4450-B135-C5DDE164B8FD.jpeg

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Oh, let them. Please Democracts let them hold their rallies. Covid ain't real according to them anyways so who can they blame?

• Hydration 2

35 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Oh, let them. Please Democracts let them hold their rallies. Covid ain't real according to them anyways so who can they blame?

Obama  ;)

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Pirlo’s been through the lab more times than Joan Rivers. I once heard he describe Trump as the consummate family man:rolleyes:

Eric’s proud of dad because he fills arenas with the Monster truck, arena football types.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really? 

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario all right wing governments. In BC the right wing party won the election. Across Canada the conservatives received the most votes. I think California just elected a right wing congressman. 

Right or left won’t mean much when the full fiscal impact of C-19 is realized. Governments are restarting their economies because they have no choice. For example California is cutting government employees wages by 10% as they face massive deficit. Here in Canada PM Zoolander hands out money every morning but absolutely never talks about the cost long term. Morneau is no different. +5000 dead from C-19 with less than 1000 outside senior care facilities. Midway thru May and my kids cannot get PPE to return to their dental practices. Seriously?

• Hydration 1

54 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Here in Canada PM Zoolander

He is handsome isn't he?

Also concerned about 'the black lung'.

Good guy. 

• Hydration 2

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Midway thru May and my kids cannot get PPE to return to their dental practices.

Yeah, last minute they changed the requirements to insist on P95. They already have medical grade masks, full suits for back of house staff and dentists, face shields and plexi at the counters. Oh, and 1 customer at a time. But now, last min, the masks have to be N95....those are not easy to get I hear. 

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really? 

Oh I don't think recent elections have much bearing on whether the First World embraces "left" leaning policies.....

I already noted Trump America and Alberta as outliers and I don't really see Saskatchewan and Manitoba as ideologically all that different from Albertastan. All three are convinced that their respective problems are completely the fault of Justin Trudeau and the Liberal party, rather than anything of their own doing. (Much akin to the Americans who put Trump in the White House) 

As far as Ford goes, he had an abysmal approval rating (in the30% range) before Covid 19 came along and bailed him out.

In any event, what I'm referring to is people's opinions on the "Left", as you so like to put it....

....people like "lefty" policies, like Universal Healthcare, pensions, decent working wages, easier access to education.....

.....heck some "lefties" even support (while not being partiularly happy about) government intervention to help out industry.....such as buying pipelines.....

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I can't stand looking at Pirro, its like her doc pulled too hard on the facelift suture on one side. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Right or left won’t mean much when the full fiscal impact of C-19 is realized. Governments are restarting their economies because they have no choice. For example California is cutting government employees wages by 10% as they face massive deficit. Here in Canada PM Zoolander hands out money every morning but absolutely never talks about the cost long term. Morneau is no different. +5000 dead from C-19 with less than 1000 outside senior care facilities. Midway thru May and my kids cannot get PPE to return to their dental practices. Seriously?

so you're complaining that we've managed to keep community outbreaks outside of seniors care home to under 1,000 deaths? tell you what champ, you seem of a certain age, why don't you go out and lead the no-mask community movement and show "Zoolander" how its done properly? 

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I wonder if Bone Spurs retweeting it to Jared Kushner?

I watched this little pip squeak’s video, he should come up to Skokie and do his “cookie” bit.

What an abhorrent piece of $&!#!

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really? 

California has multiple Republican congressmen.  Two prominent members are Devin Nunes and Kevin McCarthy (house minority leader).  Another is/was the criminally corrupt Duncan Hunter. 

The 25th district was recently won in  2018 by Katie Hill who resigned in scandal.   This area was in Republican hands since the 90s.  I wouldn't say that this election is a swing to the right, as the Republicans have been losing districts/areas that were strongholds back when Reagan was POTUS.  

Guardian article link

• Hydration 1