DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I'm positively sure when Trump said drain the swamp he meant draining the adjacent swamp into the current swamp making it a larger and more dirty swamp.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he spelled dredge wrong.

• Hydration 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But Hillary!!!!

Commander-In-Cheap

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I hope not..........I can't see military anyone liking such a megalomaniac wild card at the helm, ready to dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with him.

If the Dotard in Chief keeps this kind of stupidity up, he just might lose the military vote:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/politics/us-open-skies-arms-control-treaty/index.html (Full story in the link)

President Donald Trump confirmed the US will be exiting the Open Skies Treaty, a pact designed to reduce the risk of military miscalculations that could lead to war, and said Russia's actions had prompted him to take the decision.

"Russia didn't adhere to the treaty, so until they adhere, we will pull out," Trump told reporters outside the White House Thursday.
The President predicted that the US withdrawal would force Moscow back to the table. "There's a chance we may make a new agreement or do something to put that agreement back together," Trump said. "I think what's going to happen is we're going to pull out and they're going to come back and want to make a deal."
Trump also denied that the withdrawal would increase tensions with Russia. "No, I think that we're going to have (a) very good relationship with Russia," the President said.
The 1992 treaty allows member countries to conduct short-notice, unarmed, reconnaissance flights over the other countries to collect data on their military forces and activities. It is the latest major arms control treaty that the US will abandon under the Trump administration.
Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said the Trump administration is "committed to our treaty obligations, but in this era of great power competition we are looking to advocate for agreements that benefit all sides and that include partners who comply responsibly with their obligations."
The Open Skies Treaty is part of a broad web of arms control agreements meant to ensure stability and predictability on the European continent and reduce the risk of misunderstandings that could spiral into conflict by ensuring transparency.
Bipartisan groups of former national security officials reacted with dismay to the news the US will withdraw, saying that will reduce US leadership in the world, hand Russia a victory and undermine US and global security.

It looks to me like Trump is pulling one of his standard tricks here......make a huge mess and then expect praise for cleaning it up again. (mostly)

Tear up a deal that he didn't make and attempt to replace it with one that he did. Call the previous deal a "disaster" and describe the new deal as "perfect", "amazing", or "fantastic". Not only would this allow him to slap his name on something that he can subsequently brag about later, it distracts from the abysmal job his administration has done with the Coronavirus pandemic.

Hopefully, members of the military will see through this transparent attempt to bolster his reputation, while simultaneously making the world less safe.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm not a fan of Facebook. So mega biased. But this is so irresponsible. 

...The remaining 64% of the white supremacy content identified by TTP involved Pages that had been auto-generated by Facebook. These Pages are automatically created by Facebook when a user lists a job in their profile that does not have an existing Page...

One of the auto-generated hate group Pages with the most “likes” in TTP’s analysis was for the Council of Conservative Citizens, an SPLC-designated white nationalist group. The group made headlines in 2015 after an online manifesto linked to white supremacist Dylann Roof referenced the organization; 

https://www.techtransparencyproject.org/articles/white-supremacist-groups-are-thriving-on-facebook?

utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

13 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Deflection...."it's all part of the plan".

Returning Officer in Philly just plead guilty to filling out ballots in the last election. I don't like electronic voting or mail in ballots. There is something to be said for a polling station where political parties can have scrutineers there to observe returning officers and voters. Did that for many years. There should be nothing wrong with asking for ID or questioning individual ballots when they are marked crazily. That happens more than you would think. When it does the scrutineers and returning officers can usually make a on the spot decision.    

• Burr 1

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Returning Officer in Philly just plead guilty to filling out ballots in the last election. I don't like electronic voting or mail in ballots. There is something to be said for a polling station where political parties can have scrutineers there to observe returning officers and voters. Did that for many years. There should be nothing wrong with asking for ID or questioning individual ballots when they are marked crazily. That happens more than you would think. When it does the scrutineers and returning officers can usually make a on the spot decision.    

I worked for election Canada for over a decade.........our system works amazingly well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I think there was some fairly suspicious things going on the 1960 Prez elections (Illinois area) where the margin of victory for JFK was pretty thin.  Amazed Nixon didn't pursue the matter (though I suspect his friendship with JFK might have something to do with it).

On Trump's moronic plan to pull out of Open Skies Ben Rhodes describes it best:

President Barack Obama's deputy national security advisor Ben Rhodes may have put it best in a recent tweet: "Sometimes the only way to explain/predict Trump's foreign policy is to think 'what would Putin want the US to do?'"

If you missed the story, because of the many other stupid things the Fat Man has been doing, here's the skinny:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52760420

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think there was some fairly suspicious things going on the 1960 Prez elections (Illinois area) where the margin of victory for JFK was pretty thin.  Amazed Nixon didn't pursue the matter (though I suspect his friendship with JFK might have something to do with it).

I resent that remark. 
Just because deceased people can vote or you can vote more than once, doesn’t mean there are any problems.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I resent that remark. 
Just because deceased people can vote or you can vote more than once, doesn’t mean there are any problems.

heh, it depends on whether you believe it was the "mob" that put the hit on JFK after cutting them lose after they helped "find" a bunch of votes to give JFK those electoral votes (winner take all system).

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

heh, it depends on whether you believe it was the "mob" that put the hit on JFK after cutting them lose after they helped "find" a bunch of votes to give JFK those electoral votes (winner take all system).

JFK would have won anyways, goobers concocted bunch of lies about his margin of victory.

First Catholic president won in Chicago that has huge Irish, Italian and Polish population.

Also one of the most important people in the civil rights movement got almost all black vote,

What a surprise!

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

2 things:

1) This is a case of one person accepting bribes to stuff ballot boxes. Nobody says there is zero election fraud. Only that it is exceedingly rare and no reason to deprive millions of voters their chance to cast a ballot.

2) This incident happened at a polling station. It has exactly nothing to do with mail-in voting.

The significance being that the ballots never left the room when I was a scrutineer. Mail in ballots would/could go thru any number of hands. I cannot provide any link but stuffing ballot boxes is not unique in the world and nor is it in North America. The existing system is very democratic and easily defended by the citizens it serves. My comment about stuffing ballot boxes applies to both sides of the isle. There is a lot of money to be made in politics and at some point the ordinary citizen has to be able to defend the process and have confidence in the result.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Sounds like he's already been in the liquor cabinet.

No shortage of these kooks. This 'winner' just won the right to get smashed by Jeff Merkley in November's Oregon Senate election ...............]

Republicans wrestle with conspiracy-theory advocate winning Senate primary

After denying it in a statement, the candidate is now refuting her own campaign.

Republicans in Oregon this week nominated a Senate candidate with a deep history of promoting and vowing support for the QAnon conspiracy theory, providing the fringe movement its largest electoral platform yet and roiling Republicans over having a candidate who openly embraces baseless conspiracy theories.

In a now-deleted Twitter video, insurance agent Jo Rae Perkins, who bested three other candidates in the primary to face Democrat Sen. Jeff Merkley in November’s general election, expressed support for the QAnon conspiracy theory, which casts President Donald Trump as a crusader against a web of deep state conspiracies and that the Federal Bureau of Investigations has deemed a potential domestic terror threat.

“I stand with President Trump. I stand with Q and the team. Thank you Anons, and thank you patriots. And together, we can save our republic,” Perkins said in a video posted on Tuesday, while holding up a sign with a popular QAnon slogan on it.

Her primary win has forced Republicans to grapple with having a state-wide nominee who openly embraces the conspiracy theory.

When asked about supporting Perkins in the general election, the Republican National Committee did not comment.

more in the link ........ https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-wrestle-conspiracy-theory-advocate-winning-senate-primary/story?id=70829450

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Sounds like he's already been in the liquor cabinet.

No shortage of these kooks. This 'winner' just won the right to get smashed by Jeff Merkley in November's Oregon Senate election ...............]

Republicans wrestle with conspiracy-theory advocate winning Senate primary

After denying it in a statement, the candidate is now refuting her own campaign.

Republicans in Oregon this week nominated a Senate candidate with a deep history of promoting and vowing support for the QAnon conspiracy theory, providing the fringe movement its largest electoral platform yet and roiling Republicans over having a candidate who openly embraces baseless conspiracy theories.

In a now-deleted Twitter video, insurance agent Jo Rae Perkins, who bested three other candidates in the primary to face Democrat Sen. Jeff Merkley in November’s general election, expressed support for the QAnon conspiracy theory, which casts President Donald Trump as a crusader against a web of deep state conspiracies and that the Federal Bureau of Investigations has deemed a potential domestic terror threat.

“I stand with President Trump. I stand with Q and the team. Thank you Anons, and thank you patriots. And together, we can save our republic,” Perkins said in a video posted on Tuesday, while holding up a sign with a popular QAnon slogan on it.

Her primary win has forced Republicans to grapple with having a state-wide nominee who openly embraces the conspiracy theory.

When asked about supporting Perkins in the general election, the Republican National Committee did not comment.

more in the link ........ https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-wrestle-conspiracy-theory-advocate-winning-senate-primary/story?id=70829450

Republicans have started to scrap the bottom of the barrel under Trump.

I mean qualifications are non existent, sure there were crazies before DT, but he brought them out in droves.

Some of these people are bat$&!# crazy!

• Upvote 1