DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is amazing to me that many people want to use any tactics to shut up people they disagree with. So shut Trump off twitter or grade what you allow him to post. The idea that his tweeting likely loses him more than he gains is irrelevant. Who’s next after Trump? SJW’s are very good at being judge, jury and executioner. They don’t seem worried about the downside risks and should be. New norms can be used against all free speech. 

If if people don’t like Trump’s tweets don’t read them. I don’t. If Trump upsets you, as he does for many on here, then give your support to those trying to replace him. If you’re an American go out and vote him out. 

No no Twitter or FB for me. Not interested.

I think this is vastly inaccurate.

It isn't a case of wanting to shut down "something they disagree with".....it's a case of wanting to prevent someone from disseminating an outright lie to millions of people simultaneously. Not only is Trump making a blatantly false claim, but in the course of doing so, he is defaming a woman years after he tragic death and causing a tremendous amount of pain to her family.

You know what's "amazing" to me? The lengths that some people will go do to defend the indefensible....<_<

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is amazing to me that many people want to use any tactics to shut up people they disagree with. So shut Trump off twitter or grade what you allow him to post. The idea that his tweeting likely loses him more than he gains is irrelevant. Who’s next after Trump? SJW’s are very good at being judge, jury and executioner. They don’t seem worried about the downside risks and should be. New norms can be used against all free speech. 

If if people don’t like Trump’s tweets don’t read them. I don’t. If Trump upsets you, as he does for many on here, then give your support to those trying to replace him. If you’re an American go out and vote him out. 

if he posts inaccurate information, you don't think that should be identified?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think this is vastly inaccurate.

It isn't a case of wanting to shut down "something they disagree with".....it's a case of wanting to prevent someone from disseminating an outright lie to millions of people simultaneously. Not only is Trump making a blatantly false claim, but in the course of doing so, he is defaming a woman years after he tragic death and causing a tremendous amount of pain to her family.

You know what's "amazing" to me? The lengths that some people will go do to defend the indefensible....<_<

as long as the tweety also corrects Biden et al in the same way there's no problem. The difference is, he simply doesn't lie as much as Trump. Its simply a fact Trump uses disinformation, its one of the things his base loves about him. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

as long as the tweety also corrects Biden et al in the same way there's no problem. The difference is, he simply doesn't lie as much as Trump. Its simply a fact Trump uses disinformation, its one of the things his base loves about him. 

I'd be fine with a policy of deleting false claims and/or potentially libelous claims that cannot be backed up with evidence. This is the problem with private, "for profit" entities.....the dollar dictates what they do, even when common decency says you shouldn't.

This is why I said earlier that I think the husband should take both Trump and Twitter to court.

• Hydration 1

37 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Basically twitter has implemented a "Fact Check" to his tweet.

Would you really be OK if Trump start spouting that the "Earth is flat" and the "Holocaust never happened"? 

But hey...free speech.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

heh, who the heck uses FB nowadays?  And *I* am an old fart.:lol:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

heh, who the heck uses FB nowadays?  And *I* am an old fart.:lol:

Facebook is whatever you want it to be. My FB is sports, tons of music, financial info, and pics of hot chicks. I don't subscribe to Trump's page or CNN or whatever. It's usually quite an enjoyable experience. Life is what you make it. So Is FB.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Facebook is whatever you want it to be. My FB is sports, tons of music, financial info, and pics of hot chicks. I don't subscribe to Trump's page or CNN or whatever. It's usually quite an enjoyable experience. Life is what you make it. So Is FB.

And here I thought you were a hipster.:P  (my vision is so bad, I can't find the sarcasm emoticon lol).

• Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I applaud CW for being the sole voice of reason at Faux, but I'm convinced that the vast majority of their viewers see him as the "token Libtard" for the network and disregard pretty much everything he says....

....If Hannity, Carlson, or Ingraham ever came out and said something like this, it might have some meaning....

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Basically twitter has implemented a "Fact Check" to his tweet.

Would you really be OK if Trump start spouting that the "Earth is flat" and the "Holocaust never happened"? 

But hey...free speech.

free speech in the US is pretty important tho. But they also have hate speech laws too so thats the line. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'd be fine with a policy of deleting false claims and/or potentially libelous claims that cannot be backed up with evidence. This is the problem with private, "for profit" entities.....the dollar dictates what they do, even when common decency says you shouldn't.

This is why I said earlier that I think the husband should take both Trump and Twitter to court.

for what? sue a guy for believing in a conspiracy theory? 

its a scumbag move for sure what he did, but illegal? not sure what you'd sue him for. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for what? sue a guy for believing in a conspiracy theory? 

its a scumbag move for sure what he did, but illegal? not sure what you'd sue him for. 

Well you're the lawyer and I'm not, but it seems like a pretty clear case of libel to me....:unsure:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

The man is such a whiney bitch. 

I'd call him a snowflake but I don't think you can make those out of lard. 

This is just going to gum up the FTC with complaints from all sides, it will amount to sweet FA. 

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Found the official form they will be using:

672cd22cec95fa2bdc271bb6b49a79e0.jpg.bd6a73d69b09e53fbaf6d225f35945e3.jpg

That last one needs an "All of the Above" checkbox....

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

but it seems like a pretty clear case of libel to me....:unsure:

first problem is suing a sitting potus, I can't see that being allowed. He also put it in the form of questions, so is he saying it or asking about it? then you've got it going likely in front of a republican judge. I can't see it ever going anywhere. 

its 'merica, this kind of thing is going to happen more and more.