DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Link to a John Oliver story about the Turkmenistan dictator- and Guiness world book of records, shows the head dictator riding a bike and shooting down targets.

20 minutes of hilarity, and truth.

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Compares the USA to South Africa, has a valid point.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gurn said:

Link to a John Oliver story about the Turkmenistan dictator- and Guiness world book of records, shows the head dictator riding a bike and shooting down targets.

20 minutes of hilarity, and truth.

Compares the USA to South Africa, has a valid point.

Trevor Noah’s Twitter had a video of group of people breaking 5 guys restaurant windows.

Young, white, skinny, ponytail, skateboard, no forearm tattoos that are symbol of white supremacy etc.
I guarantee you that those are outside MN antifa hoodlums.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Trump stated today that he was receiving calls from "hundreds of governors".

There are only fifty, unless Guam and Puerto Rico also have them, then there would be 52, somewhat short of hundreds.

His lies aren't even plausible anymore.

Was that today? This is a meme from reddit from over a month ago when he said the same thing regarding his response to the pandemic. It wouldn't surprise me though. His usual response to being called out on his stupidity is to double down. If that doesn't work then the ol' triple down never fails.

593b54e.jpg

• Hydration 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Was that today? This is a meme from reddit from over a month ago when he said the same thing regarding his response to the pandemic. It wouldn't surprise me though. His usual response to being called out on his stupidity is to double down. If that doesn't work then the ol' triple down never fails.

Sorry to mislead. I should have said "I learned today that....." Thanks for the catch.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Sorry to mislead. I should have said "I learned today that....." Thanks for the catch.

Lol

23 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

So let me get this straight @Junkyard Dog. The WHO, pre Covid anyways, is somehow in the pocket to a national government who does not even crack the top 10 in its donor list and decided that they would rather go against the wishes of its biggest donor by a large margin.

Face it, pulling funding from WHO by Trump is pure stupidity and attempt to deflect from his own incompetence.

Isn't China funding WHO 2B dollars over the next 2 years?

So you're telling me there's nothing at all off with China and the WHO?

Also what incompetence? Are you saying he's at fault for Covid? I will blame Trump for dumb stuff but what's dumb about going against a China biased WHO?

Posted (edited)

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Bone Spurs got it right! :lol:

There's always a goddamn tweet for everything. Trumpcriticizestrump is a gold mine.

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Where the heck did you even get that 2B figure from? That is complete non-sense. China has donated an additional $50 million dollar to the WHO since covid. One was back in March in the value of $20 million, and the other is $30 million after Trump cut off US funding.

Compared to the $893 million US give to the WHO, the total amount of Chinese contribution ($86 mill + $50 mill =136 million) dwarfs in comparison. Why would any head of any organization risks $893 million to bend head over backwards for the additional $20 million. If WHO is gonna be biased towards anyone it is going to be the US. Was the WHO incompetent, sure. Is there some coziness with Xi, maybe. But it is definitely not even close to the Chinese takeover that is being pumped from Trumpworld.

Sources:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-pledges-additional-30-million-funding-for-world-health-organization/2020/04/23/24f9b680-8539-11ea-81a3-9690c9881111_story.html
https://www.axios.com/us-gives-more-money-who-china-does-dbf670e3-6855-41b4-b976-8edaf40f7b97.html

Trump's response to the pandemic is what is incompetent. Of course Trump is not to blame for the virus itself, but his behavior prior and during the pandemic is text book mismanagement. He had two month between China officially reporting the virus to the WHO and it breaking out in the US. What did he do during those two month? Instead of stocking up PPE for medical workers, getting widespread testing setup, put together a coherent plan in how to deal with the virus and economic fallout, he instead freaking praised China for its response to the virus, downsized the CDC, and pretty much acted as if the virus was contained and will never reach American shores. What did he do after Covid broke out? Unilaterally disarmed from the WHO that now actually give Beijing an opening to takeover the WHO, ran away from virus by leaving everything to the states, muzzled the CDC as seen by watering down its guidelines for re-opening, freaking said injecting bleach and disinfectants is a cure, stroked protest to end stay at home orders which resulted in mass gathering that is counter productive to everything that was done, popularized a false Covid drug that is actually more dangerous if someone had Covid, etc... If that isn't incompetence than I do not know what your definition of incompetence is. It sure is not mine definition or that of the dictionary.

I see where I was wrong with the 2B. They stated at a WHO assembly they'd donate that to COVID effort. My mistake.

Like I said with Trump I crap on him when he spews his mouth and I am definitely not pro-Trump by any means but I think hindsight is 20-20 here and I am a firm believer of the truth.

Lets go through the timeline.

January he implemented the travel restrictions people didn't agree with at the time or said were not enough even though the reality is after January 31st the only people coming back from China were US citizens or green card holders. Are you gonna deny them? In February Trump didn't do anything but deny the whole thing? Is this really an honest talking point? Hindsight 20-20 could he had done better early on? Yes but with the facts that they had at the time I question what exactly do you think they should of done?

More PPE production, more ventilator production, more testing production? I agree with all that I just don't think it is reasonable to be looking back in time and saying he made this decision differently than you would have made this decision.

You have all these people saying they saw this coming in February yet the Democrats had I believe 4 debates, maybe 3, in February and not once did they talk about Corona, it wasn't till March 16 they even discussed when they had Biden and Bernie in a room by themselves because of Corona.  Hell Nancy Pelosi was encouraging people to go out and enjoy Chinese New year late February amidst the beginning of Coronavirus concerns, albeit because because Trump said some stupid $&!# and guess what? I don't blame them for not talking about it and encouraging people to go out, they had the same set of facts that we all did.

It was just a $&!# situation nobody could prepare for. 

Could he have done better in hindsight? Yes but he is faaaaaar from the only one(Spain/Italy/Iran/etc...) and China could of done a whoooole lot better early on. Hell Sweden has never yet gone through lockdown during this entire time and as a result they have one of the highest mortality rates with Covid.

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I see where I was wrong with the 2B. They stated at a WHO assembly they'd donate that to COVID effort. My mistake.

Like I said with Trump I crap on him when he spews his mouth and I am definitely not pro-Trump by any means but I think hindsight is 20-20 here and I am a firm believer of the truth.

January he implemented the travel restrictions people didn't agree with at the time or said were not enough even though the reality is after January 31st the only people coming back from China were US citizens or green card holders. Are you gonna deny them? In February Trump didn't do anything but deny the whole thing? Is this really an honest talking point? Hindsight 20-20 could he had done better early on? Yes but with the facts that they had at the time I question what exactly do you think they should of done?

More PPE production, more ventilator production, more testing production? I agree with all that I just don't think it is reasonable to be looking back in time and saying he made this decision differently than you would have made this decision.

You have all these people saying they saw this coming in February yet the Democrats had I believe 4 debates, maybe 3, in February and not once did they talk about Corona, it wasn't till March 16 they even discussed when they had Biden and Bernie in a room by themselves because of Corona.  Hell Nancy Pelosi was encouraging people to go out and enjoy Chinese New year late February amidst the beginning of Coronavirus concerns, albeit because because Trump said some stupid $&!# and guess what? I don't blame them for not talking about it and encouraging people to go out, they had the same set of facts that we all did.

Could he have done better in hindsight? Yes but he is faaaaaar from the only one(Spain/Italy/Iran/etc...) and China could of done a whoooole lot better early on. Hell Sweden has never yet gone through lockdown during this entire time and as a result they have one of the highest mortality rates with Covid.

That's some gaslighting at it's absolte finest.  Check out the date on this one.

cb8e657.jpg

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You and mine opinion on this clearly differs in regard to Trump's actions.

I personally saw this all coming with the lock downs, and economic fallout and to me he was not doing nearly enough to prepare in February and was questioning his lack of actions by then.

Of course I am with my biases and how I would act with the information I have in Feb. will be different from how you or Trump would act with the information so fair enough. Though his downplaying of the virus though April partly caused it to spread more. If more seriousness was emphasized like how Taiwan did, the fallout might have been less.

That said Democrats are just as guilty in this with their per-occupation with the primaries and non-nonchalant attitude. They had house and should have gotten relief bills passed earlier instead of it being held up until lock-down was under way. And yes, Trump was faaar from the only one who was poor in their response, but Trump was also one of the few leaders that actually did not see a bump in approval rating during the worst of the pandemic and that speaks volume to public perception of his response.

Let's just agree to disagree on our perception of Trump's response.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Raise your hand if DJT should pull an Epstein. 

:metal:

Might be the wine talking but I wake up every morning praying to see this trending on twitter. Epstein or Hitler, I’ll take either exit off this planet for that deplorable POS. 

• Hydration 1

14 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Might be the wine talking but I wake up every morning praying to see this trending on twitter. Epstein or Hitler, I’ll take either exit off this planet for that deplorable POS. 

I got a special bottle of scotch that I'm saving for that very occasion.

• Upvote 1

You know it’s on when Anonymous comes back with a vengeance like this :o

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's wayyyyyyy beyond Minneapolis now.....

....LA, Dallas, Houston, Washington, Chicago, San Jose, Detroit, Portland.....and I'm sure Bone Spurs thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of demonstrators trashing CNN headquarters in Atlanta....

Edit: That being said, I like the Mar-a-Lago idea......trash all 18 greens and the clubhouse....

Totally, America has gone complete anarchy, pretty much half the country, most of the big cities are in turmoil right now. Im just saying they shouldn't take their problems out on the business owners and rather the REAL problem which is the leader of the damn country. Seriously, they should just burn Trumps hotels and resorts, spray paint the white house, hes the problem. You know theres going to be chaos when theres riots over Floyds death, Trump is too busy picking a fight with twitter. When the leader of the country tells people "if theres lootin, theres going to be shootin" hes pretty much enciting violence rather than solving the original problem in the first place which is charging the 2-3 cops involved with Floyd's murder

• Hydration 1