DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

13 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Deleting the tweet. 

Eric really is a special kind of stupid.

Eric looks like he was dropped on his face as a child into a pile of rocks. The greatest rocks. Rocks like no ones ever seen. It’ll be really great. 

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

K mate. My ideology is right of centre, so my “bashing” comes from the same side that the clueless one is allegedly on. Not a left vs right thing for me at all.

Discrediting the media is what wannabe autocrats do. Let’s hope your boredom is not really enablement. 

Do you think the Lincoln project is run by a bunch of Republican “ sore losers” ?

Greatest President ever. Amirite?:bigblush:

I was not talking about you personally in regards to the bashing mate! You @  me lol Perhaps ideological was the wrong word.
Its the overarching theme of the thread, which is fine many people despise the man, and I like to provide some balance. I dont mind being ridiculed for it, I'm always learning.

Who could I enable to do what? I dont get it

the lincoln project run by the republican super pac? Seems they want Biden to win. That makes me curious as to their motives. Isn’t Drumpfs overall support amongst republicans quite high still? But some elite(?) members of a super pac dont support him. I admittedly need to watch some more of their ads. 
As for the russian bounty story, maybe the pentagon is lying. That would be quite the scandal. Who really knows since political stories get retracted and proven false all the time (yes, trump claims get proven wrong over and over too). No i dont think he is the greatest president ever (im too young to have payed any attention to many before Obama) but with the amount of angst seen over the last few years and the best opponent the opposition could muster is old establishment staple Biden. Sad. I kinda liked Mayor Pete. Although the nations problems go far deeper than whom the president is. Its another case of holding your nose and voting for the best worst candidate.

Discrediting the media, or increased skepticism of their reporting? For me, Ill go with the latter - especially since journalism in this new age of viral social media seems to have more focus on speed than accuracy. Click bait opinions instead of nuanced discussion is what I see more and more. Maybe I expect too much from the media since whatever sells will be used - hence Fox news success.

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I was not talking about you personally in regards to the bashing mate! You @  me lol Perhaps ideological was the wrong word.
Its the overarching theme of the thread, which is fine many people despise the man, and I like to provide some balance. I dont mind being ridiculed for it

I expect you to take the side of supporting Mark Messier on this board then whenever he’s mentioned ...a player who is universally despised by all Canuckfans.  Expect to be ridiculed though. :P

Chicken is Anakin Skywalker......he was born to bring balance to the force.  Pssstttt.....Donnie is really Darth Sidious.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Imagine creating the "greatest company ever" and leaving these two idiots in charge.

Is This a Real Photograph of Donald Trump's Older Sons?

This gives my Billy Madison vibes.

image.png.9a3491e563b41aa02c16e3245cc39335.png

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Imagine creating the "greatest company ever" and leaving these two idiots in charge.

the late show with stephen colbert eric trump impersonation

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Its the overarching theme of the thread, which is fine many people despise the man, and I like to provide some balance. I dont mind being ridiculed for it, I'm always learning.

Who could I enable to do what? I dont get it

the lincoln project run by the republican super pac? Seems they want Biden to win. That makes me curious as to their motives. Isn’t Drumpfs overall support amongst republicans quite high still? But some elite(?) members of a super pac dont support him. I admittedly need to watch some more of their ads. 
As for the russian bounty story, maybe the pentagon is lying. That would be quite the scandal. Who really knows since political stories get retracted and proven false all the time (yes, trump claims get proven wrong over and over too). No i dont think he is the greatest president ever (im too young to have payed any attention to many before Obama) but with the amount of angst seen over the last few years and the best opponent the opposition could muster is old establishment staple Biden. Sad. I kinda liked Mayor Pete. Although the nations problems go far deeper than whom the president is. Its another case of holding your nose and voting for the best worst candidate.

Discrediting the media, or increased skepticism of their reporting? For me, Ill go with the latter - especially since journalism in this new age of viral social media seems to have more focus on speed than accuracy. Click bait opinions instead of nuanced discussion is what I see more and more. Maybe I expect too much from the media since whatever sells will be used - hence Fox news success.

Really? I think it's pretty clear that Trump's actions run counter to true conservatism in many ways. Most obviously in the massive amount of debt that he's added.

Abandoning the Kurds after a phone call from Erdogan, supporting Putin over his national intelligence agencies, criticizing military figures, while being a known draft dodger.....all of these things should be a bridge too far for any true Republican.

The bit about using his office for personal enrichment and pardoning friends who are guilty of crimes should bother everyone, regardless of political affiliation.

As far as Biden goes, he was down the list of my favorite choices as well, but he's the safe choice and when ousting Donald Trump is the most important consideration, "safe" is the smart move. You may or may not have noticed, but JB has a big lead over Bone Spurs nationally, and in most swing states. I'm not sure that would be the case if he was going up against Mayor Pete, or Bernie....

Finally, I'm curious about the claim that political stories get "retracted and proven false all the time". Can you give some examples? I don't find that to be the case at all....

10 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The real question is. How long till maxwells suicide. 

With all the pics of Trump with Epstein I am surprised there are none of Bill who actually spent time on the Island? Not!

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

With all the pics of Trump with Epstein I am surprised there are none of Bill who actually spent time on the Island? Not!

Further proof that Bone Spurs is too dumb to hire Hillary “The Enforcer”/“Hitman” in his staff to be his cleaner/fixer/mechanic. :lol:  Instead, he hires his kids who are genetically related to Fredo Corleone.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Bone Spurs has a strange idea on what constitutes "great news".....

Even as Republican-led states roll back reopenings due to the significant rise in coronavirus cases and warnings from his own government that the pandemic is far from over, President Donald Trump continues to take an optimistic tone about the increased in diagnosed COVID-19 cases.

"There is a rise in Coronavirus cases because our testing is so massive and so good, far bigger and better than any other country," Trump tweeted late Thursday night. "This is great news, but even better news is that death, and the death rate, is DOWN. Also, younger people, who get better much easier and faster!"

However, Adm. Brett Giroir, the man Trump appointed to oversee testing, testified at a House hearing Thursday that "this is a real increase in cases" and not just attributable to increased testing.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/coronavirus-updates-trump-says-increase-of-cases-is-great-news/ar-BB16hWT8?li=AAggNb9

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

There's no way this one isn't photoshopped. How does a man whose parents aren't siblings look so much like Sloth from The Goonies?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

There's no way this one isn't photoshopped. How does a man whose parents aren't siblings look so much like Sloth from The Goonies?

The original image was taken in 2015, it has been altered indeed.

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Here is a column by noted Conservative George Will that might explain why certain GOP groups like the Lincoln project are against Orange man....

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/869282843/conservative-columnist-george-will-thinks-its-time-for-gop-reboot

I read the article/interview, I didn’t see any mention of super pacs but I do get the sentiment that it is turning from a republican party into a trump party. Maybe they should create a new party if 90%+ of self described republicans support him.

My favourite line was the acknowledgment that if Joe stays in the basement he has the election in the bag, Which is sad but probably true. I said previously this quarantine lockdown was a blessing in disguise for him to stay out of the public eye. November is still a ways away though. Lets see the VP pick and more of his platform promises to see if this repub super pac (and others?) can still stomach him as the best worst choice.

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I read the article/interview, I didn’t see any mention of super pacs but I do get the sentiment that it is turning from a republican party into a trump party. Maybe they should create a new party if 90%+ of self described republicans support him.

My favourite line was the acknowledgment that if Joe stays in the basement he has the election in the bag, Which is sad but probably true. I said previously this quarantine lockdown was a blessing in disguise for him to stay out of the public eye. November is still a ways away though. Lets see the VP pick and more of his platform promises to see if this repub super pac (and others?) can still stomach him as the best worst choice.

I don't believe that number, as far as voters go.  I think his cult members are really all he has left for voters.  Any republican with any sense of morality will either not vote or swallow their pride and vote Biden.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the thinking in Trump's head is this: 

If we hide as many deaths as we can and increase the number of positive cases as we can, then the death rate will go down, then we can crow incessantly that we were right ALL along that this virus is no worse than the flu and can get the economy going with zero pandemic restrictions.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think the thinking in Trump's head is this: 

If we hide as many deaths as we can and increase the number of positive cases as we can, then the death rate will go down, then we can crow incessantly that we were right ALL along that this virus is no worse than the flu and can get the economy going with zero pandemic restrictions.

The death rate will spike the same as the infection rate, it just takes a couple weeks.  I complain about the US, but I wouldn't wish on anyone what is coming for them

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The death rate will spike the same as the infection rate, it just takes a couple weeks.  I complain about the US, but I wouldn't wish on anyone what is coming for them

Most likely true, the question will be how they get reported in the official statistics.

• Vintage 1