DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

There is no incentive to get off welfare, also getting married penalizes you.

The more kids you have, more money you get, cheap housing, food, medical care etc.

Thats why you have people that have been on welfare for 2-3 generations.

Amen to this.  My sister's manufacturing company has trouble hiring temporary workers because if the temp takes the full time job they will lose their state provided benefits.  They actually prefer part time jobs just so they can collect from the state.  And it's the taxpayers who are being squeezed by this.  I think there should be a time limit on how long you can collect.

Edited by skolozsy2
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Is your source documentary or are you just pulling numbers out the air? I'd be interested to see your data.

 

Depends. You fail to consider generational poverty, which is as it sounds: poverty within a family that spans multiple generations. Believe me, most if not all of these folks know how to work the system and virtually all of them have two-adult families. (Funny thing: when partners split up in poverty, they almost always hook up with another person within a very short time) They may be dysfunctional as hell by middle class standards, but these folks know how to survive day to day. I wonder if any of us who are not living in poverty could actually survive in poverty. Here's a quick checklist to see. You would need to check most if not all of these to survive.

 

image.png.5b1b0b052d8cbd267e0dace6b1f33f4d.png

 

***If anybody is interested, I also have checklists for "Could you survive in the Middle Class" and "Could you survive in Wealth". Send me a private message and I'll share.

In 2006, 91.4 percent of single parents of black children were mothers

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2008/jun/23/barack-obama/statistics-dont-lie-in-this-case/

 

https://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/hh-fam/ch3.xls

 

image.png.7b1541412cac29f754d17ee853105050.png

https://iwpr.org/publications/breadwinner-mothers-by-race-ethnicity/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

The CEO of the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States, Goya, a company that makes products found in many Hispanic dishes has felt some backlash.

 

I don't know how you think you're going to go to the White House, jump on DT's leg and not lose support from the people that buy those products, I'm guessing mostly Hispanics. 

Then the Trump supporters moan about making food political...!? No the food didn't do it. Nope, the CEO walked his company into that political spotlight. The people have the right to buy what they want for what ever reason they want.

 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/goya-ceo-praises-trump-at-white-house-backlash-is-swift-1.5018745

I just hate seeing people throw away perfectly good food where there are so many hungry people out there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Amen to this.  My sister's manufacturing company has trouble hiring temporary workers because if the temp takes the full time job they will lose their state provided benefits.  They actually prefer part time jobs just so they can collect from the state.  And it's the taxpayers who are being squeezed by this.  I think there should be a time limit on who long you can collect.

You even have people that are getting called back to their old jobs but don’t want to go because they make more on unemployment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let this be a lesson to us all: If you're going to obstruct justice, tamper with witnesses and lie to Congress, make sure you do it on behalf of a president who is your equal in corruption.....

 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-expected-commute-roger-stone-sentence

 

Quote

 

President Trump is expected to announce that he will commute Roger Stone’s sentence, just days before the longtime political operative is slated to report to prison to serve more than three years for charges stemming from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, Fox News has learned.

Sources told Fox News Friday that the president could announce a commutation of Stone’s sentence as early as Friday evening.

The president, as recently as Friday morning, has said he was "looking at" offering Stone clemency, saying he was "very unfairly treated."

Stone was set to report to prison on July 14 to serve 40 months. He was sentenced in February to more than three years in prison after being convicted in November 2019 on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from Mueller’s investigation. Stone, however, has appealed his conviction and continues to deny any wrongdoing.

Trump, for weeks, has signaled he could be open to granting Stone clemency — tweeting last month that Stone was “a victim of a corrupt and illegal Witch Hunt, one which will go down as the greatest political crime in history. He can sleep well at night

 

Make America Graft Again.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Classic episode.

 

That clip reminded me of the time I met Jeff Conaway. I was playing a bar in Edmonton and after we finished, we went over to the Mayfield Inn. Conaway was there, doing some sort of public appearance and one of the guys in the band there introduced him to us....

 

....he was so drunk he could barely function....

Yeah, it was sad how it seemed like he put all his past demons (substance abuse) behind him only for him to fall victim to pneumonia later on.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Let this be a lesson to us all: If you're going to obstruct justice, tamper with witnesses and lie to Congress, make sure you do it on behalf of a president who is your equal in corruption.....

 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-expected-commute-roger-stone-sentence

 

Make America Graft Again.....

But but law and order..

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I just hate seeing people throw away perfectly good food where there are so many hungry people out there.

Me too. A waste. 

Maybe it is worth it to remind the CEO where his bread is buttered.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence

President Trump on Friday commuted the sentence of longtime confidant Roger Stone, absolving him of wrongdoing after he was sentenced to serve three years and four months in prison.

 

The decision capped a saga that has roiled the Justice Department and divided some of the president’s advisers. Stone was set to report to prison on July 14, but his allies had lobbied for a pardon or a commutation, citing his risk of contracting coronavirus while in jail.

 

The move did not come as a surprise, as Trump had at various points in recent months signaled he was leaning toward intervening in Stone’s case. He maintained he had not thought about a pardon for Stone, but regularly railed against the prosecutors involved, singled out the Obama-appointed federal judge overseeing the trial for criticism and complained that the conservative provocateur was the victim of a “ridiculous” process.

 

In recent days Trump indicated he was likely to act. He told radio host Howie Carr that Stone's prayers for a pardon may be "answered" just before he was set to report to jail.

Stone was the last of six Trump associates to be charged in connection with former special counsel Robert Mueller’s two-year investigation into the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia. Justice Department leadership moved to reduce Stone’s sentencing recommendation in February in a highly controversial move, leading all four career prosecutors working on his case to quit.

 

He was convicted in November by a jury in Washington, D.C., of all counts he was charged with, including lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing a proceedings.

Attorney General William Barr said in an interview released July 8 that he felt Stone’s prosecution was “righteous.” He did not offer an opinion on the prospect of a pardon for Stone, saying that would be up to the president. Aaron Zelinsky, who was among the prosecutors who quit Stone’s case, testified before Congress in June that the Justice Department treated Stone differently because of his relationship with Trump.

 

Trump has long railed against the Russia investigation, decrying the process as a "witch hunt" and excoriating the special counsel and FBI for what the president has deemed mistreatment of his allies throughout the process. More recently, he has tried to blame former President Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden, his 2020 Democratic opponent, for what he alleges were nebulous crimes committed against his campaign. Trump accused Obama of committing “treason” in a June television interview but has not provided any supporting evidence.

 

Stone is the latest high-profile individual with connections to Trump to receive executive clemency. The president earlier this year commuted the sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) and pardoned former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik and financier Michael Milken.

 

Like many of the individuals Trump has pardoned or issued commutations for, Stone had a steady drumbeat of support among presidential allies and Fox news personalities who lobbied for clemency over the course of several months.

 

There has also been speculation that Trump could move to pardon Michael Flynn, his short-lived national security adviser, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in late 2017 but whose case was dropped by the Justice Department earlier this year in an extraordinary development as prosecutors said they could no longer prove their case. Democrats have accused Barr of political interference in the case.

 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/506859-trump-commutes-roger-stones-sentence

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence

President Trump on Friday commuted the sentence of longtime confidant Roger Stone, absolving him of wrongdoing after he was sentenced to serve three years and four months in prison.

 

The decision capped a saga that has roiled the Justice Department and divided some of the president’s advisers. Stone was set to report to prison on July 14, but his allies had lobbied for a pardon or a commutation, citing his risk of contracting coronavirus while in jail.

 

The move did not come as a surprise, as Trump had at various points in recent months signaled he was leaning toward intervening in Stone’s case. He maintained he had not thought about a pardon for Stone, but regularly railed against the prosecutors involved, singled out the Obama-appointed federal judge overseeing the trial for criticism and complained that the conservative provocateur was the victim of a “ridiculous” process.

 

In recent days Trump indicated he was likely to act. He told radio host Howie Carr that Stone's prayers for a pardon may be "answered" just before he was set to report to jail.

Stone was the last of six Trump associates to be charged in connection with former special counsel Robert Mueller’s two-year investigation into the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia. Justice Department leadership moved to reduce Stone’s sentencing recommendation in February in a highly controversial move, leading all four career prosecutors working on his case to quit.

 

He was convicted in November by a jury in Washington, D.C., of all counts he was charged with, including lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing a proceedings.

Attorney General William Barr said in an interview released July 8 that he felt Stone’s prosecution was “righteous.” He did not offer an opinion on the prospect of a pardon for Stone, saying that would be up to the president. Aaron Zelinsky, who was among the prosecutors who quit Stone’s case, testified before Congress in June that the Justice Department treated Stone differently because of his relationship with Trump.

 

Trump has long railed against the Russia investigation, decrying the process as a "witch hunt" and excoriating the special counsel and FBI for what the president has deemed mistreatment of his allies throughout the process. More recently, he has tried to blame former President Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden, his 2020 Democratic opponent, for what he alleges were nebulous crimes committed against his campaign. Trump accused Obama of committing “treason” in a June television interview but has not provided any supporting evidence.

 

Stone is the latest high-profile individual with connections to Trump to receive executive clemency. The president earlier this year commuted the sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) and pardoned former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik and financier Michael Milken.

 

Like many of the individuals Trump has pardoned or issued commutations for, Stone had a steady drumbeat of support among presidential allies and Fox news personalities who lobbied for clemency over the course of several months.

 

There has also been speculation that Trump could move to pardon Michael Flynn, his short-lived national security adviser, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in late 2017 but whose case was dropped by the Justice Department earlier this year in an extraordinary development as prosecutors said they could no longer prove their case. Democrats have accused Barr of political interference in the case.

 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/506859-trump-commutes-roger-stones-sentence

hopefully those voters that were undecided will be choosing to stay away from Drumpf, as Donald has proven not to be tough on crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Law and Order president Donald Trump commutes Roger Stone‘a sentence today.

 

Nothing to see here folks. Just another day under the rule of the greatest President ever.

 

Fun times at the Oval Office. :frantic:

Edited by PistolPete13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that your response was tied to the previous poster's point that 90% of all crime was perpetrated by children of single parent families. I don't dispute that 91% of black single families are headed by mothers, but I also thought you were conflating the 90% of crimes committed with 91% of single parents being black, thereby implying that black kids from single parent families commit 90% of crimes. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that your response was tied to the previous poster's point that 90% of all crime was perpetrated by children of single parent families. I don't dispute that 91% of black single families are headed by mothers, but I also thought you were conflating the 90% of crimes committed with 91% of single parents being black, thereby implying that black kids from single parent families commit 90% of crimes. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.

You might see that kind of stat on Fox or Breitbart or our fearless leader might tweet it.

Its tough being a single parent especially down here.

 

Dual income is a huge advantage and also having a father present.

My wife is a great mother but since we have boys, some things she just can’t explain as well as I can.

 

Also sometimes they give her grief, test boundaries and get little “rough”

That $&!# doesn’t fly with me I can tell you that!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

tumblr_570f24730cb4df1bbbecf2b7238f298c_c633efe4_1280.jpg.94a1aaf3db3fd976ccdac718b367c5ea.jpg

Lol.....at people talk about Sleepy Joe being creepy uncle.  Bone Spurs actually said he would marry her if not for the fact she was his daughter.:blink:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.