DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

12 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Someone was shot outside the white house ?  wonder what they were up to 

Probably just time for another bunker inspection.....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Probably just time for another bunker inspection.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeSCAaGLFgBTDJTwFWeN8

It seems like his campaign strategy is going to be voter suppression.

I imagine if he is effective in his message, all the deplorables will be screaming about mail in votes in a couple months. We'll probably have some youtube videos plastered about it in this thread. 

I wonder if we will have any of our local Trump lovers drinking the Koolaid and saying that the election should be postponed?

28 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

An intellectual capacity few of us can comprehend. 

117293671_10157694887871051_1374260237805771565_o.jpg

Well, he did get the estimate for the worldwide death total kinda right and I'll give him the fact that many soldiers were sick of the flu, but the rest is so wrong it's sad.  Facepalm worthy. 

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The Iranians have admitted that they shot down the plane by accident, mistaking it for an American fighter. (some accounts say Cruise Missile) That isn't in question. The reason they did so is what we don't know for sure.

What we do know is that the Iranians were on heightened alert, after an attack from the US:

We also know that the plane was shot down by a mobile missile battery:

Whether the battery operators were aware that they were firing on a civilian plane, with 82 of their countrymen and zero Americans aboard, we'll probably never know, but to me it seems unlikely. The more logical explanation, IMO, is that the operators were on edge because they thought they were under attack and acted rashly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_International_Airlines_Flight_752

Finally, I'm not saying it's "all" Trump's fault. I'm saying that if the attack on Soleimani doesn't happen, neither does the shooting down of Flight 752. I really don't see how anyone can refute that. (although I'm sure you'll try)

This conversation started with you wanting to give Trump credit for "not starting any wars". You also claimed that tensions with Iran are much as they have been since 1979. IMHO, the assassination of an Iranian General, on Iraqi soil, (without approval or even notification of the Iraqis) coupled with the tearing up of the Iran Nuclear Deal for no better reason that it was negotiated by his predecessor, suggests that maybe that credit is misplaced.

Tension has always been high even before the killing of Soleimani.  You want to assign a huge amount of blame to Trump... but did you forget that before killing of the general, the Iranian's irregular forces launched an attack on the US embassy in Baghdad?  Of course, that attack in itself is a reaction to US forces attacking Iran + their allies in Iraq... and so on. 

How much emphasis are you putting the heightened tension was caused by the attack on oil refineries in Saudi Arabia?  Perhaps they were afraid of Saudi attacks too.... how much blame are you placing on that?  

The flight occurred 5 days after the killing.... so there has been 5 days worth of flights going in and going out of Tehran.  There has also been dozens of tension rising incidents over many decades.... none which resulted in an aircraft being shot down... but suddenly this particular incident is somehow some tipping point?

I know you hate Trump, that you wouldn't even bother crossing the street to pee on him if he was on fire.... but high tension isn't a reason, it's an excuse.  

For all the talk and predictions about Trump starting WW3 or whatever war... he has yet to start any, unlike Bush Jr or Obama.  Whether it's to be credit or not, that's a fact.  

• Hydration 2

3 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Tension has always been high even before the killing of Soleimani.  You want to assign a huge amount of blame to Trump... but did you forget that before killing of the general, the Iranian's irregular forces launched an attack on the US embassy in Baghdad?  Of course, that attack in itself is a reaction to US forces attacking Iran + their allies in Iraq... and so on. 

How much emphasis are you putting the heightened tension was caused by the attack on oil refineries in Saudi Arabia?  Perhaps they were afraid of Saudi attacks too.... how much blame are you placing on that?  

The flight occurred 5 days after the killing.... so there has been 5 days worth of flights going in and going out of Tehran.  There has also been dozens of tension rising incidents over many decades.... none which resulted in an aircraft being shot down... but suddenly this particular incident is somehow some tipping point?

I know you hate Trump, that you wouldn't even bother crossing the street to pee on him if he was on fire.... but high tension isn't a reason, it's an excuse.  

For all the talk and predictions about Trump starting WW3 or whatever war... he has yet to start any, unlike Bush Jr or Obama.  Whether it's to be credit or not, that's a fact.  

I'd say he waged a war on America

• Thanks 2

Eric is too cheap to pay for more than few dozen to attend his rally.:lol:

Chachi Arcola would attract a bigger crowd than that!

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Eric is too cheap to pay for more than few dozen to attend his rally.:lol:

Rally held in a used car parking lot. My God what an appropriate metaphor. :lol:

• Hydration 2
  • Burr 1