DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

7 minutes ago, inane said:

The word black isn't the issue, it's lumping an entire group into some mass stereotype. That's just lazy and ignorant.

So...."minorities"  "Black vote"  "Latino vote"  "Senior vote" ?

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So...."minorities"  "Black vote"  "Latino vote"  "Senior vote" ?

Yeah, lazy stereotypes be they racist or not. Do you think those are useful? Do they add value to any discussion? 

29 minutes ago, inane said:

Yeah, lazy stereotypes be they racist or not. Do you think those are useful? Do they add value to any discussion? 

Nope, but one can't fault the population when those are the exact terms used to describe those groups.

28 minutes ago, inane said:

Why wouldn't these add value to a political discussion, especially about US politics?  Obama got what percentage of the black vote? Considering the major political parties track these statistics, I would say they are important to the discussion.  

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Nope, but one can't fault the population when those are the exact terms used to describe those groups.

Described by who? 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why wouldn't these add value to a political discussion, especially about US politics?  Obama got what percentage of the black vote? Considering the major political parties track these statistics, I would say they are important to the discussion.  

It just assumes all black voters are this uniform blob of people. It's meaningless. It's lazy.

1 minute ago, inane said:

It just assumes all black voters are this uniform blob of people. It's meaningless. It's lazy.

The black vote followed Obama much like a blob.  The French vote in n Quebec tends to vote one way too.  It's not racist (we are all part of the human race - yes I know I'm an Alien) it's good political practice to know where you votes come from.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

95% of Blacks voted for Obama in the last election.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/139880/election-polls-presidential-vote-groups.aspx

That's very uniform.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, inane said:

Yeah, you've nailed it. I do think everything is racist all the time. What an astute observation.

Or maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, it's your casual implication that an entire race of people would vote one way or the other. 'These people' as you so delicately put, don't exist. It's just your simplistic, meaningless mass stereotype. 

LOL. Go be intellectually handicapped somewhere else. If not, then welcome to reality where we have these things called facts and statistics. The overwhelming majority of black people vote democrat. The overwhelming majority of black people voted Obama. Hilary supports Obama. Hilary is well ahead of Bernie in this regard thus Bernie needs some of these votes. So this fallacy asserted by the Hilary campaign and some southern black leaders that Bernie doesn't support Obama because he has at times publicly and "disrespectfully" disagreed with him is obvious crap. If they pound this drum enough it'll definitely swing more black votes her way.

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

LOL. Go be intellectually handicapped somewhere else. If not, then welcome to reality where we have these things called facts and statistics. The overwhelming majority of black people vote democrat. The overwhelming majority of black people voted Obama. Hilary supports Obama. Hilary is well ahead of Bernie in this regard thus Bernie needs some of these votes. So this fallacy asserted by the Hilary campaign and some southern black leaders that Bernie doesn't support Obama because he has at times publicly and "disrespectfully" disagreed with him is obvious crap. If they pound this drum enough it'll definitely swing more black votes her way.

Don't be shy, call me what really think.

One example does not make your point. But sure, tell me more about 'the blacks'. 

Don't be shy, call me what really think.

One example does not make your point. But sure, tell me more about 'the blacks'. 

In this context it does make my point. Thanks for playing!

22 minutes ago, inane said:

Described by who? 

uh...really?

Literally every media station outlet and source in the western hemisphere.

"Latino vote/demographic"  "Black vote/demographic"  "Senior vote/demographic"  "Aboriginal vote/demographic"  "Minority vote/demographic"

I wouldn't argue over this one my man as I am not arguing with you; but if you're going to say that nobody calls these groups of people by these terms you're crazy

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

In this context it does make my point. Thanks for playing!

Oh in this context! Well why didn't you say. Got it, context specific laziness.

Just now, inane said:

Oh in this context! Well why didn't you say. Got it, context specific laziness.

Context! obviously. Something specific was being discussed. Use that thing between your ears, homie, instead of playing the race card. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Context! obviously. Something specific was being discussed. Use that thing between your ears, homie, instead of playing the race card. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..

Lol yeah didn't think the obviously being sarcastic hash tag was necessary. Assumed too much! 

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

uh...really?

Literally every media station outlet and source in the western hemisphere.

"Latino vote/demographic"  "Black vote/demographic"  "Senior vote/demographic"  "Aboriginal vote/demographic"  "Minority vote/demographic"

I wouldn't argue over this one my man as I am not arguing with you; but if you're going to say that nobody calls these groups of people by these terms you're crazy

Never said that term wasn't used, just pointing out it's dumb. Just cause so and so uses it doesn't make it ok or relevant.

Lol yeah didn't think the obviously being sarcastic hash tag was necessary. Assumed too much! 

whatever. Can we still be CDC friends? :blush:

23 minutes ago, inane said:

Never said that term wasn't used, just pointing out it's dumb. Just cause so and so uses it doesn't make it ok or relevant.

Again, not arguing that but you asked and the sad fact is these are terms used literally every day.  This sad race to political correctness needs to stop or soon we won't be able to greet each other politely without the police being called...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, inane said:

The word black isn't the issue, it's lumping an entire group into some mass stereotype. That's just lazy and ignorant.

the polls identify the voters as such, and Bernie is behind in that category, even if you dont believe in the label. It isn't meant to be racist, neither is the white vote, as often used on political talk shows on TV. What gets me more upset is the term African American. So silly, who is that? My Moroccan and Egyptian friends also live in Africa. So are white people in S. Africa. It's like calling Chinese as Asians, equally stupid. Kim Kardashian and Israelis, Indians, Siberians, are all Asians. They should then call all Caucasians in the US as European Americans, and in Canada, European Canadians.  Definitely my pet peeve. 

Edited by Jaimito

31 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

the polls identify the voters as such, and Bernie is behind in that category, even if you dont believe in the label. It isn't meant to be racist, neither is the white vote, as often used on political talk shows on TV. What gets me more upset is the term African American. So silly, who is that? My Moroccan and Egyptian friends also live in Africa. So are white people in S. Africa. It's like calling Chinese as Asians, equally stupid. Kim Kardashian and Israelis, Indians, Siberians, are all Asians. They should then call all Caucasians in the US as European Americans, and in Canada, European Canadians.  Definitely my pet peeve. 

I should start doing that.

So our boy Bo Horvat is like an European Canadian... and the Sedins are like European Europeans, am I getting this right?