DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

25 minutes ago, Bernards said:

Republicans accept the human traits of greed and selfishness but want a system that turns those traits into something good for everyone. 

Quick question(s): How does one turn greed and selfishness into something good for everyone without eliminating said greed and selfishness? Isnt it a bit contradictory?

Not saying its a bad premise just wondering how it would work.  

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Liberal generosity is hopeless and ends up giving us Mao, Castro, Chavez, Stalin.... 

Yes,  that is hyperbole, but only because can vote them out after a while.

4 minutes ago, Bernards said:

Our Libs and Cons are pretty much the same in general. But I will say that a decade or two of JT liberals would put us in a Venezuelan style death spiral though.

There are none of our parties that would do that...….that is simply ridiculous 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Quick question(s): How does one turn greed and selfishness into something good for everyone without eliminating said greed and selfishness? Isnt it a bit contradictory?

Not saying its a bad premise just wondering how it would work.  

We are forced to pay people to work for us so we can get richer. Other people send us their money because they are greedy too. Investment.

1 minute ago, Bernards said:

Yes,  that is hyperbole, but only because can vote them out after a while.

The words that come out of Trumps mouth, should be called out on a daily basis by the church

By Conservative Republicans

and by Conservative Democrats

and just generally stated that it is not acceptable talk or policy

Where is humanity in all this?

4 minutes ago, Bernards said:

We are forced to pay people to work for us so we can get richer. Other people send us their money because they are greedy too. Investment.

That is just it...……...you are not forced...………..you have free will

or

you must live in a Communist Country

Edited by janisahockeynut

We really do need to consider that many people online are mentally ill. And debating them online just further confuses them.

Online discussion will not help these people. They need loved ones to get them help. They are stuck in an alt-reality loop and looking to Trump/other nut jobs to confirm they are right and everyone else is wrong.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

The words that come out of Trumps mouth, should be called out on a daily basis by the church

By Conservative Republicans

and by Conservative Democrats

and just generally stated that it is not acceptable talk or policy

Where is humanity in all this?

Whoa.  Are you forming opinions based on CNN or CBC?

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

That is just it...……...you are not forced...………..you have free will

or

you must live in a Communist Country

If I want to get rich I am  (forced to pay)

It is funny.....sadly funny!

I have a wide range of friends, that cover a wide span in politics

and they all to a person would  be horrified by with the knowledge

that their present government made policy that was treating people inhumanly

Having children die in our countries care...…..

By singling out people that have taken menial jobs that other Canadians will not take

and scaring them, and terrorizing them.....especially when a lot of them have lived

in our country for years...…...

I find it ironic when my ancestry was from Pennsylvania after immigrating from Germany in 1706

and traveled west, than up into Alberta to homestead, with absolutely no papers needing to be signed

and with no police/government to chase them away....there were no borders to check in to...…

Acceptance was the answer...….tolerance was the norm. Americans moved to Canada, Canadians moved to the states

the same way...…...

In the southern states, it was much the same way, prior to the Spanish-American war (the Alamo) California has always had

Mexican heritage there, same as Texas, same as NEW Mexico and Arizona...……..

It boggles my mind how, today, Mid-west Americans do not know their history......especially that they lost the Civil War

It just boggles the mind!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bernards said:

Whoa.  Are you forming opinions based on CNN or CBC?

No I watch Fox, because it is funny!....Funny /Sad

If I want to get rich I am  (forced to pay)

If you want to get rich, work harder.....don't use the poor and the desperate to make your money for you?

Have you seen how many un-documented are being fired from Trumps golf courses

How did management not know...………...I would say anyone that comes up with a reason....is a liar....are you a liar Bernard?

Because that is how these Republicans are doing it......lying, ignorance and threats

If you are a educated well thought out man....how do you dismiss this? How do you excuse it...…...

Remember, before you answer this...you are not talking to a uneducated redneck NRA carrying rightest...….

You lie to me.....and I will laugh in your face...…..and call you ignorant

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

It is funny.....sadly funny!

I have a wide range of friends, that cover a wide span in politics

and they all to a person would  be horrified by with the knowledge

that their present government made policy that was treating people inhumanly

Having children die in our countries care...…..

By singling out people that have taken menial jobs that other Canadians will not take

and scaring them, and terrorizing them.....especially when a lot of them have lived

in our country for years...…...

I find it ironic when my ancestry was from Pennsylvania after immigrating from Germany in 1706

and traveled west, than up into Alberta to homestead, with absolutely no papers needing to be signed

and with no police/government to chase them away....there were no borders to check in to...…

Acceptance was the answer...….tolerance was the norm. Americans moved to Canada, Canadians moved to the states

the same way...…...

In the southern states, it was much the same way, prior to the Spanish-American war (the Alamo) California has always had

Mexican heritage there, same as Texas, same as NEW Mexico and Arizona...……..

It boggles my mind how, today, Mid-west Americans do not know their history......especially that they lost the Civil War

It just boggles the mind!

There was the whole 'Native Persons' issue 200 plus years ago to consider though.  Did the origninal peoples (who's land this was - is)  put up borders?  Maybe our freedom to move about so long ago was more to do with the native people's acceptance (forcably or not) of our being there?   

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

No I watch Fox, because it is funny!....Funny /Sad

If you want to get rich, work harder.....don't use the poor and the desperate to make your money for you?

Have you seen how many un-documented are being fired from Trumps golf courses

How did management not know...………...I would say anyone that comes up with a reason....is a liar....are you a liar Bernard?

Because that is how these Republicans are doing it......lying, ignorance and threats

If you are a educated well thought out man....how do you dismiss this? How do you excuse it...…...

Remember, before you answer this...you are not talking to a uneducated redneck NRA carrying rightest...….

You lie to me.....and I will laugh in your face...…..and call you ignorant

You can count on me not to lie. lol

I want those people you pity deported asap.  I want the people who hire them put in jail (unless they hired them accidentally) Unfortunately that's unrealistic atm. I believe in rule of law and borders, for the good of myself and you. If increased immigration is legal, I'm fine with it.

If your borderless suicidal views eventually win the day (as I suspect they will in our soft society) I'll be prepared to adapt, but I doubt that it will turn out well for those who are promoting it now.

Edited by Bernards
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There was the whole 'Native Persons' issue 200 plus years ago to consider though.  Did the origninal peoples (who's land this was - is)  put up borders?  Maybe our freedom to move about so long ago was more to do with the native people's acceptance (forcably or not) of our being there?   

You know Alf, 200 years ago, we were very lucky that our First Nations were generally passive people, and I have always had a problem with dealing with the land ownership question, which is so multi facetted, I think it is for a different thread, but over that 200 years, we made so many poor decisions, as to our First Nation, but over the 200 years, I hope we have learned more acceptance, more tolerance, more kindness, on both sides .

It is true, we are not perfect, but I have Chinese, Punjabi, and First Nation friends, who I wish and prefer not to have to acknowledge their race, and just see them as good people that deserve my attention, kindness and respect, as I give all others. (which I do and which they do) 

I have many gay friends, that are fantastic people, and who because they know I would fight vehemently for them, allow me the right to have my imperfections....our humour, when in private is quite something and often I am a little puzzled when I leave, however I know they trust me, as I them, so our guards are down, and we trust. I love them, they are my friends, and again, I would prefer to just call them my friends instead of my "gay" friends...……

Most of my friends, act and feel the same way....and I have stood up against bigoted opinions, from strangely enough an American, who wanted to spew bull $&!#...…..I have no time for it, and there is no room for it in my life.

• Like 1

You can count on me not to lie. lol

I want those people you pity deported asap.  I want the people who hire them put in jail (unless they hired them accidentally) Unfortunately that's unrealistic atm. I believe in rule of law and borders, for the good of myself and you. If increased immigration is legal, I accept it.

If your borderless suicidal views eventually win the day (as I suspect they will in our soft society) I'll be prepared to adapt, but I doubt that it will turn out well for those who are promoting it now.

Let me ask you...……...what color am I? What nationality am I?

You have been very articulate and cordial to me

If I was an Mexican...how would you treat me? 

But, this is the most important question for me today...………...knowing that Trump Enterprises has hired countless illegal immigrants, who do you hold accountable......

the starving immigrants or the policy/hiring practices of Trump Enterprises...who is responsible for their hiring? Is he/she not breaking the law? Did Trump have knowledge of this hiring practice?.....Are you prepared to arrest those that broke the law? And put the full weight of the law on them...…..

And before you answer that...……..who is more guilty...……..the drug cartel …..or the user on the street...…..who gets more weight put on them in regards to that law?

Remember...you are not a liar!

21 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know Alf, 200 years ago, we were very lucky that our First Nations were generally passive people, and I have always had a problem with dealing with the land ownership question, which is so multi facetted, I think it is for a different thread, but over that 200 years, we made so many poor decisions, as to our First Nation, but over the 200 years, I hope we have learned more acceptance, more tolerance, more kindness, on both sides .

It is true, we are not perfect, but I have Chinese, Punjabi, and First Nation friends, who I wish and prefer not to have to acknowledge their race, and just see them as good people that deserve my attention, kindness and respect, as I give all others. (which I do and which they do) 

I have many gay friends, that are fantastic people, and who because they know I would fight vehemently for them, allow me the right to have my imperfections....our humour, when in private is quite something and often I am a little puzzled when I leave, however I know they trust me, as I them, so our guards are down, and we trust. I love them, they are my friends, and again, I would prefer to just call them my friends instead of my "gay" friends...……

Most of my friends, act and feel the same way....and I have stood up against bigoted opinions, from strangely enough an American, who wanted to spew bull $&!#...…..I have no time for it, and there is no room for it in my life.

I 100% agree.  With all the talk of Trump and his views of Mexican people, I'm wondering why there is not more talk about the native people in the US?  Why can the Washington football team get away with using the name "Red**in" still?  I remember it was quite some time ago the St. John's team changed their name to "Redstorm" from what they previously had.  Maybe the US politicians should spend some time, money, and effort on cleaning up their relationship with those who they stole the land from?  That's not just "The Donald" I'm talking about too.  

Funny story...………..

I was watching Jimmy Fallon one night, his guest was a yet to be announce Donald Trump...….

Trump, must have been thinking of running for President, as he got on his soap box...………….I remember his words distinctly…...

"MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN", then the audience clapped their hands...….Trump raised his hands up to encourage them to continue

Masterful!

Then Fallon, pulled out a Trump designer dress shirt and Trump said " the best!", "Look at the quality!" Fallon laughed and said "LOOK!" this shirt is made in India.....

then Fallon pulled out the tie, and again said "Look, and this tie is made in Indonesia!" A lot of laugher pursued in the audience...…...and Trump yells out but look!

"Look at the quality", All trump shirts are made of the best"...……...never once blinking to acknowledge his being caught, or how much of a liar and hypocrite he was.

Nothing phased him, and he gave no explanation...……….and there was no further questions, no boos

Unbelievable really!...…………..I laughed at the ignorance!

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Let me ask you...……...what color am I? What nationality am I?

You have been very articulate and cordial to me

If I was an Mexican...how would you treat me? 

But, this is the most important question for me today...………...knowing that Trump Enterprises has hired countless illegal immigrants, who do you hold accountable......

the starving immigrants or the policy/hiring practices of Trump Enterprises...who is responsible for their hiring? Is he/she not breaking the law? Did Trump have knowledge of this hiring practice?.....Are you prepared to arrest those that broke the law? And put the full weight of the law on them...…..

And before you answer that...……..who is more guilty...……..the drug cartel …..or the user on the street...…..who gets more weight put on them in regards to that law?

Remember...you are not a liar!

You're white. If you were Mexican I'd try to treat you the same but, like a typical Canadian, would probably end up treating you better as much as I try not to patronize.

I already said I hold both responsible. I'd say realistically, but I know it still isn't, give employers time to fire all undocumented employees, give each of them five grand and send them home. Then jail for any employer or employee who doesn't comply.

I don't believe drugs should be illegal. Personal responsibility. 

Edited by Bernards
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bernards said:

You're white. If you were Mexican I'd try to treat you the same but, like a typical Canadian, would probably end up treating you better as much as I try not to patronize.

I already said I hold both responsible. I'd say realistically, but I know it still isn't, give employers time to fire all undocumented employees, give each of them five grand and send them home. Then jail for any employer or employee who doesn't comply.

Totally agree.  Would the large pharmaceutical companies allow for this to happen though?  I think (sadly) it's all about money.  The big corporations control much of what governments enact for law.  I wonder if the giant drug cartels lobby the US congress?  For certain the (so called legal) pharmaceutical companies do.   This is why it makes no difference whom we (voters who actually choose to vote) elect.  The politicians really are only puppets to the wealthy elite.   Our votes don't pull their strings.  

Maybe @Warhippy is right in his assertion (I think it was hippy) that the US needed Trump to teach them they needed to more than just vote?  They needed Trump to teach them to vote, but become involved and educated too.  

I think too many people live in their "Happy Life" homes to be at all disturbed about what's happening around them.  Thus, there will not be change.  The same pattern will continue.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bernards said:

There is so many things wrong here...……………….

#1...First off......my ancestry go back to Africa, as far as I know......so does yours 

#2..hold them both responsible.....1 count misdemeanor for each illegal and 1 count X how many for the person ultimately responsible with in the Trump Empire, but ensure it goes to the highest exec who had knowledge...….I believe it is a federal law passed by the Republican Senate way back in the day that applies......wonder what the penalty is?

#3.....you support the sale of illegal drugs to children? Really? Personal responsibility? Really?

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  Would the large pharmaceutical companies allow for this to happen though?  I think (sadly) it's all about money.  The big corporations control much of what governments enact for law.  I wonder if the giant drug cartels lobby the US congress?  For certain the (so called legal) pharmaceutical companies do.   This is why it makes no difference whom we (voters who actually choose to vote) elect.  The politicians really are only puppets to the wealthy elite.   Our votes don't pull their strings.  

Alfred! 

Think man! Think!

• Hydration 1