DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think most will agree charges against innocent men solely because they are friends with Rudy and Trump has all been orchestrated by the deep state at the behest of the quad-alliance: Soros, JT, Obama and Hillary to hide their globalist crimes. W

meh....you are naive to think those amateurs have anything to do with the global wide conspiracy.  Those are convenient lackeys/scapegoats.  The REAL master criminals are the Stonecutters!

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the NYT, AG William Barr went to see Rupert Murdoch at his home today after Trump lashed out about some Fox News Poll.

 

In unrelated news, James Murdoch (son) bought a minority stake in Vice News. 

Edited by Canada Hockey Place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Two of the henchmen have been arrested:

 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/giuliani-associates-indicted-on-campaign-finance-charges

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/465181-read-indictment-of-giuliani-contacts-who-aided-in-ukraine

 

 

 

Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were carrying out President Trump’s scheme to pressure Ukraine to investigate his domestic rivals. This morning, the two men were arrested on campaign-finance charges as they attempted to leave the country.

The campaign-finance charges involve Parnas and Fruman allegedly violating federal law by funneling several million dollars to Pete Sessions, a former House Republican from Texas. Sessions was valuable to their operation because he publicly demanded the firing of Marie Yovanovitch, the U.S. ambassador (who was subsequently fired.) Lachlan Markay detailed the connection between Parnas, Fruman, and Sessions earlier this week.

That was the small stuff:

Parnas and Fruman were working with Rudy Giuliani, who represents the two as their lawyer, to encourage various Ukrainians to investigate Trump’s opponents in Ukraine. Their work initially focused on discrediting the Mueller investigation, and later evolved to include pursuing unsubstantiated allegations against the Biden family. At the same time they were advancing Trump’s agenda, they were working on a side hustle in which they tried to push Ukraine’s state-controlled energy sector to sign them up to export liquid natural gas. The gas proposal appears to be their payoff: They could let Ukraine know they represented Trump, and Ukraine would therefore have an incentive to throw some business their way, despite their lack of expertise in the inner workings of the energy business.

Parnas and Fruman managed to meet both with President Trump and Donald Trump Jr., and get photographs of both meetings. Those photos were important to burnish their credentials as legitimate representatives of the Trump administration.

They are probably unlikely to flip on Trump: Their lawyer, John Dowd, is also Trump’s own former lawyer, and floated the prospect of pardons to Paul Manafort and Michael Flynn before.

 

If you remember, Marie Yovanovitch was the ambassador that wouldn't cooperate with Trump's corruption, so they had her ousted and replaced with these two idiots. 

 

They are being charged with breaking campaign finance laws by funnelling money from Ukraine/Russia through their company to a pro-Trump super PAC and a Republican congressman.

 

And they were arrested at the airport, trying to flee the country, less than twelve hours after Barr was informed of the investigation. Which began before he was even appointed.

 

Trump:

 

"Giuliani? Who is this "Giuliani" you speak of?"

 

Edited by Red Light Racicot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well it is. The US has been one of the worst for a while. The Reagan administration should be called the assassination administration. If you blame Putin for involvement in Eastern European nations and not understand the US does the exact same thing why even discuss. Half this thread is made up of people who have no knowledge pre 2016. It's the truth.

not sure what you really expect from people on a hockey forum ?

 

most of us are aware of usa politics over the years

just never developed expertise till the orange man cratered political norms

 

most of us are well aware of 9/11

a critical political event

and have considered the root causes of that happening

 

most are aware of the 2 iraqi wars by a succession of bushes

it's hard in this country to be ignorant of usa politics

it is always the elephant in the room

 

in my experience canadians are fairly knowledgeable about politics in other key countries

moreso then most americans

i suspect most cdc posters on here are more knowledgeable about usa politics

then most americans

 

if you want university level political debate

go join some blog on this topic on a different site

i'm actually amazed ole trumpy has dominated this forum

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's not weird it's fact. Ask @SabreFan1 he knows this.

 

Furthermore like him or not Putin is very, very smart and is always 10 steps ahead of any Western leader.

Your guy was high school teacher, my guy is basically con artist, Merkel was research scientist, Macron started as public servant etc.

Putin was intelligence officer in the KGB, of course he can run laps around current western leaders.

Plus he is absolutely ruthless, that “quality” does not apply to many western leaders.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The only recent US president with the intellect and ruthlessness to go toe to toe with Putin would have been Bill Clinton.  Then Slick Willy would have slept with Putin's girlfriend afterwards.

In 2015 Vlad divorced his wife Ludmilla (I was actually impressed she got to live and wasn't just fed a plutonium sandwich).

 

He then took up with a gymnast named Alina Kabaeva ...

 

image.png.2fe5d085defcf3ea8dcafcfa3652e8f9.png

 

Your asessment is correct. Slick Willy would have been all over that.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Your guy was high school teacher, my guy is basically con artist, Merkel was research scientist, Macron started as public servant etc.

Putin was intelligence officer in the KGB, of course he can run laps around current western leaders.

Plus he is absolutely ruthless, that “quality” does not apply to many western leaders.

As a result he doesn't have any one in Russia second guess him.  Easy to look like the smartest guy in the room when you can eliminate anyone that second guesses you.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

In 2015 Vlad divorced his wife Ludmilla (I was actually impressed she got to live and wasn't just fed a plutonium sandwich).

 

He then took up with a gymnast named Alina Kabaeva ...

 

image.png.2fe5d085defcf3ea8dcafcfa3652e8f9.png

 

Your asessment is correct. Slick Willy would have been all over that.

Bubba would be all over that, like white on rice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

As a result he doesn't have any one in Russia second guess him.  Easy to look like the smartest guy in the room when you can eliminate anyone that second guesses you.

One does not mess with Vlad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the first time the US and Russia put a veto on something that the other members of the UN Security Council agreed to.  No collusion right?  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

In 2015 Vlad divorced his wife Ludmilla (I was actually impressed she got to live and wasn't just fed a plutonium sandwich).

 

He then took up with a gymnast named Alina Kabaeva ...

 

image.png.2fe5d085defcf3ea8dcafcfa3652e8f9.png

 

Your asessment is correct. Slick Willy would have been all over that.

 

*polonium sandwich

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Not surprising at all. A large majority of those on Twitch (gamers) are his biggest supporters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Another odd element of Trump's use of Twitch is the administration's stance on gaming -- in May it hosted a meeting "to discuss violent video-game exposure and the correlation to aggression and desensitization in children." Now its campaign events are going live next to streams of Fortnite and Apex."

 

Anything to get re elected, forget your principles and ethics, just get in again.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, so much winning.

 

LINK

Trump loses appeal to stop House subpoena of his tax documents

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Friday lost his appeal to stop a House subpoena of his tax documents from his longtime accountant Mazars USA.

In a 2-1 ruling, the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit upheld a lower court ruling saying the firm must turn over eight years of accounting records.
The opinion is a strong signal that the White House's letter earlier this week refusing to cooperate with the impeachment probe without a full House vote authorizing it would not hold up in court.
The court specifically weighed in on this idea, writing it has "no authority" to require the House to take a full vote in support of a subpoena to investigate the President, citing the Constitution.
"The courts lack the power to invalidate a duly authorized congressional subpoena merely because it might have been 'better [if]...the full House' had specifically authorized or issued it," the court wrote. "Unless and until Congress adopts a rule that offends the Constitution, the courts get no vote in how each chamber chooses to run its internal affairs."
It's the first major case at the appeals court level in the ongoing standoff between the House and Trump. The President has lost all of his challenges so far that have been decided at the trial court level to stop House subpoenas.
Trump may appeal to the Supreme Court to stop Mazars, but courts, including the Supreme Court, previously have refused to curtail Congress' subpoena power.
"We are reviewing the opinion and evaluating all appellate options," said Trump attorney Jay Sekulow.
In a statement, the accounting firm wrote: Mazars USA will respect the legal process and fully comply with its legal obligations. We believe strongly in the ethical and professional rules and regulations that govern our industry, our work and our client interactions. As a matter of firm policy and professional rules we do not comment on the work we conduct for our clients."
Trump will have seven days to ask for another appeal on the decision endorsing the House's subpoena of his tax documents.

'Valid and enforceable'

Judges David Tatel, an appointee of President Bill Clinton, wrote the majority opinion, joined by Judge Patricia Millett, an appointee of President Barack Obama. Trump appointee Judge Neomi Rao dissented.
The appeals court broadly supported the House's power to subpoena information about Trump as it investigates him and considers laws in response, calling the subpoena "valid and enforceable."
"A congressional committee, as committees have done repeatedly over the past two centuries, issued an investigative subpoena, and the target of that subpoena, questioning the committee's legislative purpose, has asked a court to invalidate it," the majority opinion states. "The fact that the subpoena in this case seeks information that concerns the President of the United States adds a twist, but not a surprising one."
Though the court's decision was split, the case is widely considered to be a tough one for Trump, even with support from the Justice Department.
"We detect no inherent constitutional flaw in laws requiring presidents to publicly disclose certain financial information. And that is enough," the opinion states.
The documents the House seeks are relevant to the investigation, the majority said.
"Just as a congressional committee could not subpoena the President's high school transcripts in service of an investigation into K-12 education, nor subpoena his medical records as part of an investigation into public health, it may not subpoena his financial information except to facilitate an investigation into presidential finances" the majority opinion states.

Rao dissent suggests a 'roving inquisition'

In her dissent, Rao adopts the argument from Trump and House Republicans that the efforts to get Trump's personal documents cannot be done simply under Congress's investigative power.
"The Constitution and our historical practice draw a consistent line between the legislative and judicial powers of Congress. The majority crosses this boundary for the first time by upholding this subpoena investigating the illegal conduct of the President under the legislative power," Rao wrote.
"Investigations of impeachable offenses simply are not, and never have been, within Congress's legislative power," Rao said. "Throughout our history, Congress, the President, and the courts have insisted upon maintaining the separation between the legislative and impeachment powers of the House and recognized the gravity and accountability that follow impeachment."
Rao added: "Allowing the Committee to issue this subpoena for legislative purposes would turn Congress into a roving inquisition over a co-equal branch of government."
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, so much winning.

 

LINK

Trump loses appeal to stop House subpoena of his tax documents

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Friday lost his appeal to stop a House subpoena of his tax documents from his longtime accountant Mazars USA.

In a 2-1 ruling, the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit upheld a lower court ruling saying the firm must turn over eight years of accounting records.
The opinion is a strong signal that the White House's letter earlier this week refusing to cooperate with the impeachment probe without a full House vote authorizing it would not hold up in court.
The court specifically weighed in on this idea, writing it has "no authority" to require the House to take a full vote in support of a subpoena to investigate the President, citing the Constitution.
"The courts lack the power to invalidate a duly authorized congressional subpoena merely because it might have been 'better [if]...the full House' had specifically authorized or issued it," the court wrote. "Unless and until Congress adopts a rule that offends the Constitution, the courts get no vote in how each chamber chooses to run its internal affairs."
It's the first major case at the appeals court level in the ongoing standoff between the House and Trump. The President has lost all of his challenges so far that have been decided at the trial court level to stop House subpoenas.
Trump may appeal to the Supreme Court to stop Mazars, but courts, including the Supreme Court, previously have refused to curtail Congress' subpoena power.
"We are reviewing the opinion and evaluating all appellate options," said Trump attorney Jay Sekulow.
In a statement, the accounting firm wrote: Mazars USA will respect the legal process and fully comply with its legal obligations. We believe strongly in the ethical and professional rules and regulations that govern our industry, our work and our client interactions. As a matter of firm policy and professional rules we do not comment on the work we conduct for our clients."
Trump will have seven days to ask for another appeal on the decision endorsing the House's subpoena of his tax documents.

'Valid and enforceable'

Judges David Tatel, an appointee of President Bill Clinton, wrote the majority opinion, joined by Judge Patricia Millett, an appointee of President Barack Obama. Trump appointee Judge Neomi Rao dissented.
The appeals court broadly supported the House's power to subpoena information about Trump as it investigates him and considers laws in response, calling the subpoena "valid and enforceable."
"A congressional committee, as committees have done repeatedly over the past two centuries, issued an investigative subpoena, and the target of that subpoena, questioning the committee's legislative purpose, has asked a court to invalidate it," the majority opinion states. "The fact that the subpoena in this case seeks information that concerns the President of the United States adds a twist, but not a surprising one."
Though the court's decision was split, the case is widely considered to be a tough one for Trump, even with support from the Justice Department.
"We detect no inherent constitutional flaw in laws requiring presidents to publicly disclose certain financial information. And that is enough," the opinion states.
The documents the House seeks are relevant to the investigation, the majority said.
"Just as a congressional committee could not subpoena the President's high school transcripts in service of an investigation into K-12 education, nor subpoena his medical records as part of an investigation into public health, it may not subpoena his financial information except to facilitate an investigation into presidential finances" the majority opinion states.

Rao dissent suggests a 'roving inquisition'

In her dissent, Rao adopts the argument from Trump and House Republicans that the efforts to get Trump's personal documents cannot be done simply under Congress's investigative power.
"The Constitution and our historical practice draw a consistent line between the legislative and judicial powers of Congress. The majority crosses this boundary for the first time by upholding this subpoena investigating the illegal conduct of the President under the legislative power," Rao wrote.
"Investigations of impeachable offenses simply are not, and never have been, within Congress's legislative power," Rao said. "Throughout our history, Congress, the President, and the courts have insisted upon maintaining the separation between the legislative and impeachment powers of the House and recognized the gravity and accountability that follow impeachment."
Rao added: "Allowing the Committee to issue this subpoena for legislative purposes would turn Congress into a roving inquisition over a co-equal branch of government."

That's why he stacked the SC.  They'll just overturn anything.  Bone Spurs is a pretty good grifter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's why he stacked the SC.  They'll just overturn anything.  Bone Spurs is a pretty good grifter.

Even if they are produced to the public it won’t matter... Tribalism rules the day. It could show that he stole millions from impoverished children (hyperbole) and it would be all good because he is owning the dems/libs and really that’s all that matters to the supporters. Minds are made up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...