DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Now if only TRUMP would visit a Canucks game.  

bel1ue1iwwv31.jpg

Would have to be a road game as he's not legally admissible to Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

US House has votes to back deeper impeachment measures

Thu 31 Oct 2019 15:28:06 GMT

 

The vote was 232-196

So far only 2 Democrats have voted against the probe and no Republicans have broken ranks.
 
The vote doesn't begin a formal impeachment but sets up the mechanism by which articles of impeachment could be drafted by a House committee. The legislation also sets up public hearings, so less will take place behind closed doors (even though it all leaks anyway).
 
I'll update with the final voting numbers when they're out.
 
Update: The vote was 232-196.
 
 
**************************
 
The loose time table is you can expect public hearings to begin mid November and a possible impeachment vote mid December. Just in time for Santa.

“If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed … and we will deserve it”

-Lindsay Graham, May 3 2016.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Slippery slope.. This could very possibly hurt the Democrats as much, if not more, than it could Trump. 

So you admit they're playing politics with this?

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

:lol:

G7 meeting??:picard:

Just because Trudeau chose to not enforce our laws doesn't mean his hate speech doesn't mean he should be allowed to legally enter Canada.  Hopefully the opposition puts their foot down and makes it clear that the Bigot in Chief is not welcome in a civilized country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just because Trudeau chose to not enforce our laws doesn't mean his hate speech doesn't mean he should be allowed to legally enter Canada.  Hopefully the opposition puts their foot down and makes it clear that the Bigot in Chief is not welcome in a civilized country.

Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just because Trudeau chose to not enforce our laws doesn't mean his hate speech doesn't mean he should be allowed to legally enter Canada.  Hopefully the opposition puts their foot down and makes it clear that the Bigot in Chief is not welcome in a civilized country.

Don't think we need to be poking the grizzly down south ya know. They are a much bigger, more powerful, and wealthier country than ours. Pissing off that fragile orange isn't worth it. Barring a President from your country is a very big deal and there would certainly be consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Slippery slope.. This could very possibly hurt the Democrats as much, if not more, than it could Trump. 

I see it differently. An impeachment inquiry can expose Trump for the fraud he is - as if this needs to be explained to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together; as well as, shine a spot light on all the down ballots who lack the above recommended brain mass to think/act for themselves.

 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

So you admit they're playing politics with this?

Lol

Of course it’s political. Public support is needed for something of this magnitude. What do you think Trump is doing - lashing out at and slandering career diplomats and veterans, lying and being unaware of confessing to exactly what he’s done wrong. This is on page one of the one page book called “Trump Politics” soon to be put on the same shelf as books such as “How to be successful in the Steak business” or “Starting a university for Dummies”

Edited by Canorth
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Canorth said:

 

Of course it’s political. Public support is needed for something of this magnitude. What do you think Trump is doing - lashing out at and slandering career diplomats and veterans, lying and being unaware of confessing to exactly what he’s done wrong. This is on page one of the one page book called “Trump Politics” soon to be put on the same shelf as books such as “How to be successful in the Steak business” or “Starting a university for Dummies”

Something of this needs to be bipartisan and it would start by not making it closed doors from the Republicans.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Something of this needs to be bipartisan and it would start by not making it closed doors from the Republicans.

What makes it closed door to the Republicans?

  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Something of this needs to be bipartisan and it would start by not making it closed doors from the Republicans.

The committees that are investigating have GOP members.  There were over a dozen who joined DUI Matt Gaetz when they stormed the SCIF that were already allowed to be in the SCIF asking questions and listening to the testimony.  This is just a bs talking point arguing over the process rather than the substance of what was being testified to.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canorth said:

I see it differently. An impeachment inquiry can expose Trump for the fraud he is - as if this needs to be explained to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together; as well as, shine a spot light on all the down ballots who lack the above recommended brain mass to think/act for themselves.

 

 

I do agree, and personally I feel he is a disaster. That said I don’t see him losing his base no matter what comes of the inquiry and it risks alienating those that may be on the fence. IMO I think people were so fed up with years of the establishment that they let themselves be fooled by a con man.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

What makes it closed door to the Republicans?

 

8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The committees that are investigating have GOP members.  There were over a dozen who joined DUI Matt Gaetz when they stormed the SCIF that were already allowed to be in the SCIF asking questions and listening to the testimony.  This is just a bs talking point arguing over the process rather than the substance of what was being testified to.

Watched a video clip of a whole wack of Republicans saying the Democrats wouldn't even show them what they had.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Absolutely.

This is pathetic. These things should be non partisan ala Richard Nixon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

 

Watched a video clip of a whole wack of Republicans saying the Democrats wouldn't even show them what they had.

This is pathetic. These things should be non partisan ala Richard Nixon.

These things won't be partisan ever again unless there's a major culture change in the US. Inevitability of a two-party system. 

 

All of the hearings have both GOP and Democrat members. They were in the evidence finding phase. The vote has been done to bring it to public hearings now so everyone will get to know. They are following the rules, this is the way it's supposed to go. Lawyers don't give away everything they have prior to trial. They are doing it the same way Clinton's impeaching hearings went.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

These things won't be partisan ever again unless there's a major culture change in the US. Inevitability of a two-party system. 

 

All of the hearings have both GOP and Democrat members. They were in the evidence finding phase. The vote has been done to bring it to public hearings now so everyone will get to know. They are following the rules, this is the way it's supposed to go. Lawyers don't give away everything they have prior to trial. They are doing it the same way Clinton's impeaching hearings went.

Oh ok. So the Republicans were also playing politics when they all took turns slamming the Democrats for not letting them in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

 

Watched a video clip of a whole wack of Republicans saying the Democrats wouldn't even show them what they had.

This is pathetic. These things should be non partisan ala Richard Nixon.

Rule one when even attempting to analyze US politics: Never and I mean never trust a single word coming out of any Republican politicians and their cheerleaders and heavily scrutinize the excuses coming out of Democrats face hole.

 

Which brings us to rule two: Never pollute your brain with Fox News (aka Repubs propaganda machine) non sense. 

 

Rule 3: To get to the truth, always follow the money. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Rule one when even attempting to analyze US politics: Never and I mean never trust a single word coming out of any Republican politicians and their cheerleaders and heavily scrutinize the excuses coming out of Democrats face hole.

 

Which brings us to rule two: Never pollute your brain with Fox News (aka Repubs propaganda machine) non sense. 

 

Rule 3: To get to the truth, always follow the money. 

How you can leave out CNN is absolutely astonishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh ok. So the Republicans were also playing politics when they all took turns slamming the Democrats for not letting them in?

Yes. The rules states that only committee members are allowed i  the rule for the preliminary hearing and that rule was enacted by Republicans and as stated above, most of them were allowed in already. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.