DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

13 hours ago, haton said:

Nothing was found because she knew how to destroy evidence using bleach bit and hammers. There is no rationale to accept that she deleted thousands of emails when they were requested. Guilty with jail for anyone else.

Joe Biden is corrupt, we all know it, so why dispute it. Put him under Trump style scrutiny. It's only fair. And why not? It should be the norm.

Good point about why isn't Fox investigating. Probably a Rupert connection.

Not just what Clinton's crew destroyed but also the thousands of tapes the FBI destroyed after they seized them from Clinton. The whole process worked so well with them that they repeated it with the prison video when they snuffed Epstein. 

• Burr 1

10 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Not at all. In fact, you completely dodged the question because I asked if you considered that specific outlet to be a balanced source. Brining up CNN and Babylon Bee, while giving no opinion on Post Millennial, is a non-sequitur. 

Trump and his cronies essentially said the same thing leading into the mid-terms. It didn't pan out that way.

Polls then were accurate, I am afraid they will be in November too.   Every passing week of this sideshow adds to his vote total.

PS - didn't dodge the question, thought given the level of discourse that the answer was self-obvious given my response.   You seem a cut above in terms of reading between lines so didn't think I had to draw you a picture.   OF COURSE it isn't unbiased - it isn't as blatantly unbalanced as, say, CNN or CBC (disgusting to have them have headlines like "plane crash" after a confirmed terrorist bombing)  but there is no question where they believe their bread is buttered.

Edited by Rob_Zepp
  • Burr 1

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Polls then were accurate, I am afraid they will be in November too.   Every passing week of this sideshow adds to his vote total.

We'll see.

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

PS - didn't dodge the question, thought given the level of discourse that the answer was self-obvious given my response.   You seem a cut above in terms of reading between lines so didn't think I had to draw you a picture.   OF COURSE it isn't unbiased - it isn't as blatantly unbalanced as, say, CNN or CBC (disgusting to have them have headlines like "plane crash" after a confirmed terrorist bombing)  but there is no question where they believe their bread is buttered.

That's just whataboutism. Without saying who you think is unbalanced, can you tell me who your balanced news sources are?

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

We'll see.

That's just whataboutism. Without saying who you think is unbalanced, can you tell me who your balanced news sources are?

My balanced news source?    To be honest - I read constantly so don't rely upon any one.   BBC has slid but was a go to for many years for me.   The German paper that I loved has gone sideways at best.   For Canadian content, CTV far better than CBC but seems afraid to criticize Castro Jr.....guess funding concerns.   It has become harder to find a given single source over the past decade and even harder since orange dude got in despite Google's and others best efforts.    How about yourself?   You "seem" too intelligent for crap like CBC and CNN so where do you go?

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

My balanced news source?    To be honest - I read constantly so don't rely upon any one.   BBC has slid but was a go to for many years for me.   The German paper that I loved has gone sideways at best.   For Canadian content, CTV far better than CBC but seems afraid to criticize Castro Jr.....guess funding concerns.   It has become harder to find a given single source over the past decade and even harder since orange dude got in despite Google's and others best efforts.    How about yourself?   You "seem" too intelligent for crap like CBC and CNN so where do you go?

I'm all about Buzzfeed and Vice :bigblush:

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm all about Buzzfeed and Vice :bigblush:

See, you can play exactly the same way.   Knew you could!   :)

With the Bee, sad part is there is increasingly more truth to their articles.   

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

See, you can play exactly the same way.   Knew you could!   :)

With the Bee, sad part is there is increasingly more truth to their articles.   

In all seriousness, BBC and the AP are good. CBC and CNN definitely have their biases but I consider it a stretch to automatically discount anything they report as made up. Fox is good for a laugh every now and again.

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

In all seriousness, BBC and the AP are good. CBC and CNN definitely have their biases but I consider it a stretch to automatically discount anything they report as made up. Fox is good for a laugh every now and again.

I actually think Fox news part (not the opeds) is not half bad on world news - just crap on US news.    I will absolutely lose all credibility with you when I tell you I also like podcasts from the likes of Ben Shapiro (bright bugger he is) - I like people like him as he dislikes Trump (like me) but is in no way/shape/form a whiny democrat who say stupid things about how the world works or defend things like sanctuary cities and other insane concepts.    I remain convinced there is very little "middle ground" but quite blissfully (and ignorantly I am sure) have convinced myself I am in there.    :)

14 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's alright if you can decipher the biases on each side however it seems daily more and more people can't.

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I actually think Fox news part (not the opeds) is not half bad on world news - just crap on US news.    I will absolutely lose all credibility with you when I tell you I also like podcasts from the likes of Ben Shapiro (bright bugger he is) - I like people like him as he dislikes Trump (like me) but is in no way/shape/form a whiny democrat who say stupid things about how the world works or defend things like sanctuary cities and other insane concepts.    I remain convinced there is very little "middle ground" but quite blissfully (and ignorantly I am sure) have convinced myself I am in there.    :)

Ben Shapiro is very smart but many that follow him give him a bad name. It's like the whole Alberta independence movement, there is many smart people involved in it but many dumbazzes that are behind that make the movement look stupid when they open their mouths.

22 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

as long as you know the biases, you can weigh things appropriately. Where it gets scary is when people deny basic facts just because its on a favourite network.

fwiw I haven't watched a second of the so-called trial, its a joke. Nothing will come of it except a Trump re-election. The Republicans will ensure nothing happens and the US will vote that clown in one more time. 

As soon as new nafta is ratified I won't care anymore, that was the big outstanding issue. If the US wants to go down the Trump toilet there's nothing i can do about it. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ben Shapiro is very smart but many that follow him give him a bad name. It's like the whole Alberta independence movement, there is many smart people involved in it but many dumbazzes that are behind that make the movement look stupid when they open their mouths.

Shapiro is a logical fallacy waiting to happen. His arguments are very easy to tear down, and when it happens to him he tends to run away. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

He can't control who follows him nor can I.    He (Shapiro) has very logical and fair thoughts on poverty, immigration, gun control, religious freedoms, etc and for some reason gets demonized due to some wingnuts that follow him.     I think his Jewish faith is also a target by many which is sad.    

As far as Alberta, the concept will attract a lower common denominator of thinking that will no question reduce legitimacy of the overall message they are trying to get heard (at the core they don't want to leave, they just want Canada's hypocrisy to stop).   

• Burr 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

as long as you know the biases, you can weigh things appropriately. Where it gets scary is when people deny basic facts just because its on a favourite network.

fwiw I haven't watched a second of the so-called trial, its a joke. Nothing will come of it except a Trump re-election. The Republicans will ensure nothing happens and the US will vote that clown in one more time. 

As soon as new nafta is ratified I won't care anymore, that was the big outstanding issue. If the US wants to go down the Trump toilet there's nothing i can do about it. 

That is what I think will be the case too.   I also blame the Democrats for two things however:

• Trump derangement syndrome - just stop trying to beat the guy at his own game - it is making the Democrat movement look stupid and is only, as you say and I agree, going to re-elect Trump
  • The candidates - good gawd what a rag-tag assemblage of crappy visions and troubled backyards.    When one who actually seems smart and reasonable comes along, e.g. perhaps one from the nice state of Hawaii, the evil witch of the East calls her a Russian operative!    Can someone just shut up the Clinton's and move them to Epstein's island for good?
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Shapiro is a logical fallacy waiting to happen. His arguments are very easy to tear down, and when it happens to him he tends to run away. 

Disagree.   Cheers  :)

• Haha 1
  • Burr 1

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's alright if you can decipher the biases on each side however it seems daily more and more people can't.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

See, we aren't always opposing each other.:frantic:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I guess you didnt see his performance in that BBC interview.   

I saw it.  Interviewer was a tool and I would have done same.    

46 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yeah, trying to portray Shapiro as middle ground is going to be a hard sell for me. 

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I saw it.  Interviewer was a tool and I would have done same.    

Shapiro admitted a week later he wasn't prepared and got "destroyed" (his own wording).

46 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That is what I think will be the case too.   I also blame the Democrats for two things however:

• Trump derangement syndrome - just stop trying to beat the guy at his own game - it is making the Democrat movement look stupid and is only, as you say and I agree, going to re-elect Trump
  • The candidates - good gawd what a rag-tag assemblage of crappy visions and troubled backyards.    When one who actually seems smart and reasonable comes along, e.g. perhaps one from the nice state of Hawaii, the evil witch of the East calls her a Russian operative!    Can someone just shut up the Clinton's and move them to Epstein's island for good?

those two things aside, it should worry everyone that Trump is so eager to bring in foreign assistance in bringing down a candidate. Thats unprecedented and the definition of corrupt. And yes even if it was Obama I'd say the same thing.

Yeah the candidates are a major disappointment, we agree on that for sure. But its a classic problem on the left, its very hard for them to get behind any one person or concept.