DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

no

i really doubt that

sorry

i would have heard something of substance already

if that were possible

the ultimate decision of whether trump abused power or not

cannot be discounted due to technical issues

truth is required for that assessment

i am still somewhat puzzled though

why he has not given any evidence in this process

when bill clinton did in his impeachment

and why that is not being argued as a relevant issue

(that he should, and the senate should compel him)

Don't be sorry we are all

allowed our own views.
We have only

heard 2 of up to 24 hours of defence hearings. 

a little premature

to think that nothing more of substance will be brought to light. We are of course swayed currently by hearing house managers talk uninterrupted  for over 10x as long as we have heard the rebuttal
what sort of evidence are you looking for ?

• Upvote 1

mmmmm

so trump is older then obama

but obama is likely to be the last president to have a presidential library as a legacy to his time in office

in that respect he is likely to be viewed as part of an older generation

trump is on the cutting edge time wise of technology

and will have some sort of presidential legacy that will be focused more on his public communications

then what was accomplished putting pen to paper

does any youngster use a library anymore?

or do most simply access information through the internet

soon we'll need an elementary school course on how to actually read a book (all of which will soon be considered to be historical manuscripts - highly valuable due to their paper content)

Edited by coastal.view

12 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Don't be sorry we are all

allowed our own views.
We have only

heard 2 of up to 24 hours of defence hearings. 

a little premature

to think that nothing more of substance will be brought to light. We are of course swayed currently by hearing house managers talk uninterrupted  for over 10x as long as we have heard the rebuttal
what sort of evidence are you looking for ?

the manager's case presented little new or surprising evidence

it was the consolidating of it all

into comprehensive submissions that was powerful

i expect little to no surprising new evidence from the trump team

there was little to nothing before to provide substance to their argument

and their legal argument is extremely flawed (their own legal expert does not agree with dershowitz)

tell me if you think i should know something new

that has not already been aired on these issues

i have followed it pretty closely

i am pretty up on the competing viewpoints and how they are supported

(i must say i am a bit puzzled why in your previous post you brought up biden as if he has an relevance to trump's conduct/misconduct - i am certain trump did not consult him about ukraine, trump's conduct is the only subject of these hearings)

Edited by coastal.view

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

the manager's case presented little new or surprising evidence

it was the consolidating of it all

into comprehensive submissions that was powerful

i expect little to no surprising new evidence from the trump team

there was little to nothing before to provide substance to their argument

and their legal argument is extremely flawed (their own legal expert does not agree with dershowitz)

tell me if you think i should know something new

that has not already been aired on these issues

i have followed it pretty closely

i am pretty up on the competing viewpoints and how they are supported

(i must say i am a bit puzzled why in your previous post you brought up biden as if he has an relevance to trump's conduct/misconduct - i am certain trump did not consult him about ukraine, trump's conduct is the only subject of these hearings)

I only bring up Biden because he is a large part of the abuse of power charge that claims Trump’s conduct was leveraging foreign aid in order for ukraine to announce investigations into a political opponent (Biden). Unless I am mistaken there.

Off the top of my head I don't have anything new that has not been aired, disproportionately thus far by the house managers and prior to that the house hearings, I am not the defence team, so I will wait until we hear more on Monday !

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I only bring up Biden because he is a large part of the abuse of power charge that claims Trump’s conduct was leveraging foreign aid in order for ukraine to announce investigations into a political opponent (Biden). Unless I am mistaken there.

Off the top of my head I don't have anything new that has not been aired, disproportionately thus far by the house managers and prior to that the house hearings, I am not the defence team, so I will wait until we hear more on Monday !

i think you are mistaken

ask yourself why he did not use the department of justice

the usa's own legal enforcement arm of the government

to investigate biden if the concerns are real

he chose and unconventional tactic as his goals were not conventional justice

Edited by coastal.view
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i think you are mistaken

ask yourself why he did not use the department of justice

the usa's own legal enforcement arm of the government

to investigate biden if the concerns are real

he chose and unconventional tactic as his goals were not conventional justice

I didn't say his concerns about Biden, or corruption in general, were real or not real I just said we are likely to hear more about it on Monday and if the evidence regarding his desire for

an investigation amount

to an abuse of power as the articles call it

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Who does own Timmies? it's a yank company right?

Brazilian actually. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I didn't say his concerns about Biden, or corruption in general, were real or not real I just said we are likely to hear more about it on Monday and if the evidence regarding his desire for

an investigation amount

to an abuse of power as the articles call it

we are likely to hear nothing new

perhaps new spins of talking points

but nothing of any substance

i'm more interest in the substance myself

there is nothing comprehensive or substantive about the trump position

the goal is acquital

the means to get there does not have to be substantive or comprehensive in their view

Edited by coastal.view

i appreciate the odds are incredibly small about this

but wouldn't it be great

if the recent video/recording released via lev parnas of the fund raising meeting

where trump commented on getting rid of madam

was made on rudy's phone

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Banning Muslims, refusing to take in refugees, separating families at the southern border then putting children in tent camps, imposing crippling tariffs on imports with the money coming from the pockets of American consumers, cancelling any social legislation Obama enacted, slamming farmers with trade wars so that they can't move their soybeans, ICE crackdowns that have been so effective that migrant farm labourers aren't coming around so that crops aren't all getting picked, trying to seize land from private citizens to build a wall that still hasn't seen even a kilometre of NEW fence, cutting back on food stamps, banning trans gender people from the military, pulling out of trade deals, alienating America's most trusted Allies, giving tax breaks to the wealthy, making it clear he values only those Americans that support him even as he characterizes his opponents as the enemy, and lying a dozen times a day. Which of these things benefit the American people? More to the point, can you name any of the "benefits" Trump has provided the American people?

But the guys on Main Street are laughing. Maybe it’s time to turn in the MAGA hats for PBT - played by Trump - hats.

A lawyer for Lev Parnas released a video that captures President Donald Trump telling associates in 2018 that he wanted Marie Yovanovitch, the former US Ambassador to Ukraine, removed from her post. The relevant bit begins around 42 minutes in.

^^^^^^

Fox is trash.  Let's post a bunch of out of context stats to make Obama look bad and TRUMP look great.  

CONTEXT:  Obama took over with the economy in melt down mode.  The worst financial crisis since the great depression. So ya, the unemployment numbers would be high at the start of his presidency.  And yet, the unemployment rate was below 5% by the time TRUMP took over.  TRUMP rode the wave that started during Obama's recovery from the '08 crisis.   

A prime example that facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

^^^^^^

Fox is trash.  Let's post a bunch of out of context stats to make Obama look bad and TRUMP look great.  

CONTEXT:  Obama took over with the economy in melt down mode.  The worst financial crisis since the great depression. So ya, the unemployment numbers would be high at the start of his presidency.  And yet, the unemployment rate was below 5% by the time TRUMP took over.  TRUMP rode the wave that started during Obama's recovery from the '08 crisis.   

Fox and CNN are both pretty trash. 

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

26 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

^^^^^^

I believe it's titled first 35 months but truthfully I just wanted to wreck your weekend. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

At least CNN aired the impeachment trial with audio 

Vox article link

Fox News devised a way to cover the impeachment trial without covering it at all

Viewers were shown video without the audio, allowing hosts to spin the proceedings in real time.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I believe it's titled first 35 months but truthfully I just wanted to wreck your weekend. :lol:

I realized that.  And that is how they fashioned the stats to push their narrative.  Stats are pliable. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Watch them stoned lol funny as hell some of their stories lol

9 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

At least CNN aired the impeachment trial with audio 

Vox article link

Fox News devised a way to cover the impeachment trial without covering it at all

Viewers were shown video without the audio, allowing hosts to spin the proceedings in real time.

There's no "at least" in my mind both are pos media networks.

They also took out of context a teenager wearing a MAGA that. Stating he approached and mocked a native american who actually was the one who approached them banging a drum.

They had to pay out the kid a lot of money as a result of falsely labeling him. He also is suing NBC and Washington post.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cnn-settles-lawsuit-with-kentucky-teen-wearing-maga-hat-in-demonstration_n_5e15b538c5b66361cb5d3c90

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I realized that.  And that is how they fashioned the stats to push their narrative.  Stats are pliable. 

Honestly imo if times are good and governments change it can be both parties taking credit for it. There is a radio talk show host in Calgary that always says all parties will take credit for a good economy but never take credit when things are bad. 

Chretien cut everything in sight but got debt down and surplus after surplus, in comes Harper, economy is still strong pays down more debt, surplus and lowers gst. Two different parties governing through a strong economy. What I don't like is Trudeau and Trump running up massive debt while unemployment is relatively low. Both countries are unprepared for a recession that is likely coming. 

• Hydration 1