DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Honestly imo if times are good and governments change it can be both parties taking credit for it. There is a radio talk show host in Calgary that always says all parties will take credit for a good economy but never take credit when things are bad. 

Chretien cut everything in sight but got debt down and surplus after surplus, in comes Harper, economy is still strong pays down more debt, surplus and lowers gst. Two different parties governing through a strong economy. What I don't like is Trudeau and Trump running up massive debt while unemployment is relatively low. Both countries are unprepared for a recession that is likely coming. 

1st bold:

Harper's GST cut actually added a lot of debt.  It blew a huge hole in the surplus he inherited.  Does $55 billion ring a bell.  The surplus at the end of his governance was a fudget budget.  So much for your assertion that he paid down the debt.

2nd bold:

I agree with you here.  I believe that I posted multiple replys to you saying as much.

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

1st bold:

Harper's GST cut actually added a lot of debt.  It blew a huge hole in the surplus he inherited.  Does $55 billion ring a bell.  The surplus at the end of his governance was a fudget budget.  So much for your assertion that he paid down the debt.

2nd bold:

I agree with you here.  I believe that I posted multiple replys to you saying as much.

Harper initially paid down debt don't know if u misunderstood, are being ignorant or didn't know.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Harper initially paid down debt don't know if u misunderstood, are being ignorant or didn't know.

My second sentence actually indicates that I do know that he had surplus initially.   That doesn't negate the fact that overall, Harper added debt to a point that he wiped out Chretien's/Martin's/his debt reduction by the end of his governance. $55 billion in one year.  How many hundred(s) billions overall?

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

12 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I believe ambassadors serve at the pleasure of the POTUS. If Trump wanted her gone it does not require a conspiracy. 

• Burr 1

10 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

My second sentence actually indicates that I do know that he had surplus initially.   That doesn't negate the fact that overall, Harper added debt to a point that he wiped out Chretien's/Martin's/his debt reduction by the end of his governance. $55 billion in one year.  How many hundred(s) billions overall?

You need to try and read more. I said initially. Do you know what that means?

Honestly you argue with anyone not as far left as you if when you're wrong. Your last name hippy?

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You need to try and read more. I said initially. Do you know what that means?

Honestly you argue with anyone not as far left as you if when you're wrong. Your last name hippy?

Well you initially didnt say initially (qoute you in the post at the top of this page)  And the post you responded to with this one, I even admit to INITIALLY.  So ya, I do know what it means bud.

Your third sentence there is honestly a train wreck.   No idea what your point is there.

19 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I was wrong Burger King wanted to move it's main office to Canada for the tax breaks......

timmies and Burger King are both owned by the RBI. Restaurant brands international but timmies head office is in Canada though so I would hope a Canadian lol

edit* sorry @bishopshodan forgot to quote yea

**** Timmies.  Horton was famous for being a Leaf.:P

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nathan Horton had a spectacular career for the leafs ;)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nathan Horton had a spectacular career for the leafs ;)

So did the puke (spectacular career) that took Maki’s number as a Canuck.  To paraphrase Burke (I think).....the logo on front of the uniform is more important than the name on the back.  **** all Leafs.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
&

On 1/25/2020 at 7:11 AM, Boudrias said:

Surprise. Americans are more skeptical about what they see on TV news. What the MSM passes off as news is a disgrace. IMHO this is the greatest threat to democracy. Trump is bypassing the MSM and communicating to voters with a convoluted  message. If business is Trump's greatest strength the Demos should have built a business plan that could have undermined Trump. They should have enticed legitimate candidates who could challenge Trump on the business side. I doubt Bloomberg can do it but he was a start. I would love Bill Gates but there are many others. But the Dems didn't do any kind of job on this. Each day they sink to new lows. Main street is laughing at them in larger numbers.    

:lol:

Translation: Trump "communicates" by lying his ass off....

..."greatest threat to democracy" :rolleyes:

• Hydration 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:00 AM, RowdyCanuck said:

People may hate trump as a person but his putting his people first and his policies arnt all horrible, most of them Benefit the American people.....

Edit* for the confused....trump kicking out abunch of illegal workers creates more jobs for Americans........that's putting his people first. 

Disagree. Most benefit Trump himself and people like him....

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Fox and CNN are both pretty trash. 

People keep saying that, but only one of them allowed two of their on-air personalities to speak at a political rally in support of a candidate...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Hope he played stronger then his coffee......lol 

• Hydration 1

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

:lol:

Translation: Trump "communicates" by lying his ass off....

..."greatest threat to democracy" :rolleyes:

All politicians lie. What's new? What the MSM have done is desensitized the majority of citizens from listening to almost any serious expose of what Trump is doing wrong. It is giving him a bigger latitude to continue. When you look at the plummeting viewership numbers it says a lot. American broadcasters are canceling their coverage of the Senate impeachment hearings because people aren't watching. That is why I am saying it is the greatest threat to democracy. 

• Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nothing new.....other than the sheer volume of lies....

It's like saying that a guy with 12 PIMs in a season and  Bryan Marchment are the same, because....well...everyone takes penalties, right?

As far as desensitizing people from listening to any serious expose of what Trump has done, again, I disagree. What Trump has done is obvious. There are people who don't want to believe it, because they've hitched their wagon to this clown. Ergo, they're more than happy to believe anything to the contrary, such as the misleading graphic that Strome posted about unemployment numbers. Anything to bolster their confirmation bias....

The media is a convenient scapegoat, especially if you're a Trump supporter and don't like him being called out for lying constantly, destroying environmental protections, separating families at the border with no plan to reunite them, assassinating foreign officials, with no plan for what comes after, asking foreign governments to intervene in order to increase his chances of re-election, personally profiting from his office, misusing charities for his own benefit, taking the word of dictators over that of his own intelligence community....etc...etc...

What you Trump supporters seem to be glossing over is that fact that the reason MSM criticizes Trump so often, is because he so often does things worthy of criticism.

This narrative of "corrupt" or "biased" media is just a weak attempt to defend the indefensible, by attempting to deflect the blame away from where it resides: In the Oval Office.

+1 for Marchment analogy lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

+1 for Marchment analogy lol

I don't see a plus....

.....Fake News!....

• Haha 2

Here's one for the "Pot meet Kettle" files:

"Shifty Adam Schiff is a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man," Trump tweeted. "He has not paid the price, yet, for what he has done to our Country!"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-suggests-schiff-will-pay-a-price-for-pushing-impeachment/ar-BBZlkrE?li=AAggNb9

What should really scare Americans is that Bone Spurs actually believes this....that's how out of touch with reality your "stable genius" is...:wacko:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

People keep saying that, but only one of them allowed two of their on-air personalities to speak at a political rally in support of a candidate...

Read the next article I stated about. 

No ifs ands or buts about. I can find a lot of those for both sides. Both are pos news networks that shouldn’t be defended. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Here's one for the "Pot meet Kettle" files:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-suggests-schiff-will-pay-a-price-for-pushing-impeachment/ar-BBZlkrE?li=AAggNb9

What should really scare Americans is that Bone Spurs actually believes this....that's how out of touch with reality your "stable genius" is...:wacko:

Threatening another political rival ho-hum...