DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

Hey! Better late than never....amirite?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/it-is-never-too-late-to-do-the-right-thing-house-passes-federal-anti-lynching-bill/ar-BB10rgwB?li=AAggNb9

The House on Wednesday passed a bill that would make lynching a federal hate crime, a major victory for advocates who have long sought to address America’s history of racial violence.

The Emmett Till Antilynching Act, introduced by Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.), passed with an overwhelming 410-4 vote. The Senate passed a similar bill, backed by Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Tim Scott (R-S.C.), last February with broad bipartisan support. The Senate will need to vote on the House bill before it goes to the White House to be signed into law.

“I am just so, more than words can express, so delighted that finally after over 200 tries in Congress, finally after former Congressman Leonidas Dyer ... sponsored legislation in 1902 and it passed the House and failed in the Senate,” Rush told reporters before the vote. “We’re finally poised to pass the Emmett Till Antilynching Act in the House today.”

Rush added that he had been assured by Senate sponsors that the bill would be brought up for a vote and passed in the upper chamber by the end of the week, meaning Congress could pass the legislation by the end of Black History Month.

Congress’s attempts to address the racially-driven mob killings date back over a century, but past House bills have either stalled or been blocked in the Senate. The bill is named after Emmett Till, a 14-year-old black teen from Chicago who was lynched in 1955 while visiting family in Mississippi. The incident drew national attention, especially after his mother insisted on an open-casket funeral and photos of his disfigured face circulated nationwide.

“That picture of Emmett in that casket catalyzed an entire nation,” Rush told reporters ahead of the vote.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said it was fitting that the measure was named after Till, and that the “bill is late in coming, but it is never too late to do the right thing.”

“Lynching was a blot on the history of America, but the even greater blot is the silence that for too long maintained in the context of what people knew was happening,” Hoyer said.

The brutal practice emerged after slavery ended and was mainly used against black people by mobs of angry whites. A majority of lynchings took place in the American South, and of the 4,743 recorded lynching which took place between 1882 and 1968, 72.7% of the victims were black, according to the NAACP.

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), who chairs the Congressional Black Caucus, said though lynchings took on a different form when groups such as the Ku Klux Klan began carrying them out after abolition, the practice was also used to terrorize enslaved people and prevent them from rebelling.

“And frankly even today periodically you hear new stories of nooses being left on college campuses, worker locker rooms, to threaten and terrorize African Americans, a vicious reminder that the past is never that far away,” Bass said.

Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.), who last year worked to introduce House legislation to mirror the Senate bill’s language, said on the House floor earlier on Wednesday that Congress was closer than it had ever been making lynching a federal crime, and that the action was long overdue.

“We will finally get this to the president’s desk to be signed into law in order to close one of the ugliest chapters in America’s history once and for all,” he said.

• Hydration 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-reportedly-furious-about-stock-market-plunging-on-coronavirus-fears/ar-BB10qQET?li=AAggNb9

President Donald Trump is reportedly furious that stocks have been plunging, believing that health officials' warnings have spooked investors, The Washington Post reported Tuesday night, citing two people familiar with the president's thinking.

The president has reportedly cautioned aides against forecasting the impact of the virus over fears that stocks could fall further, The Washington Post said.

Stocks plunged Tuesday, with losses accelerating after health officials warned that the coronavirus is "likely" to continue to spread throughout the United States, warning that the American public should "prepare for the expectation that this is going to be bad."

"Ultimately we expect we will see community spread in the United States," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters on a conference call.

The Dow and S&P 500 dropped more than 3% on Tuesday, for the indices worst 2-day drops since Feb. 2018 and Aug. 2015, respectively.

Stocks came under pressure even after National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow said the coronavirus-triggered selloff has created a buying opportunity for long-term investors. "The virus story is not going to last forever," Kudlow said on CNBC's "The Exchange."

"To me, if you are an investor out there and you have a long-term point of view I would suggest very seriously taking a look at the market, the stock market, that is a lot cheaper than it was a week or two ago." He also reassured investors that the U.S. has "contained" the coronavirus and it will likely not be an "economic tragedy."

On Monday the president tweeted that the coronavirus is "very much under control in the USA" and that the stock market is "starting to look very good."

Trump is expected to meet with aides Wednesday to discuss the matter, the Washington Post said.

The White House did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

Typical of Bone Spurs.....he's less concerned about the human cost of this epidemic than he is about how it makes him look bad.....:rolleyes:

• Hydration 1

^^^^^^

Oh, he's almost cool with those over dubs.

Let's have that done for all his babblin'

What could go wrong, putting a Creationist in charge of the US coronavirus response?  Hopefully better than his response to HIV in his state of Indiana. 

Newsweek link

MIKE PENCE'S 'PRAY ON IT' PLAN TO COMBAT INDIANA HIV OUTBREAK RESURFACES AFTER TRUMP TAPS VP TO LEAD CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

What could go wrong, putting a Creationist in charge of the US coronavirus response?  Hopefully better than his response to HIV in his state of Indiana. 

Newsweek link

MIKE PENCE'S 'PRAY ON IT' PLAN TO COMBAT INDIANA HIV OUTBREAK RESURFACES AFTER TRUMP TAPS VP TO LEAD CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE

Still better than M4A. 

Image result for trump coronavirus conference

This was from Trump's Coronavirus press conference yesterday. Now I get that he's kinda orange. I'm use to that. But he was extra orange yesterday. Anyone have a theory why?

A friend of mine texted me and said "WTF he's darker than me and I'm Jamaican." I had no answers for him. Was there a sale on bronzer in the D.C. area?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

:sadno:

Wont hear many Dems use that type of border security rhetoric these days.. funny how times change. Many of the same career politicians are still around though.. chuck schumer has literally been in congress since 1981

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This was from Trump's Coronavirus press conference yesterday. Now I get that he's kinda orange. I'm use to that. But he was extra orange yesterday. Anyone have a theory why?

A friend of mine texted me and said "WTF he's darker than me and I'm Jamaican." I had no answers for him. Was there a sale on bronzer in the D.C. area?

He's probably upset about this photo going viral and had to double up his tan dose, not that it really matters

image.jpeg

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

He's probably upset about this photo going viral and had to double up his tan dose, not that it really matters

image.jpeg

He's the President of the USA can't he get someone to apply this stuff for him who knows what they're doing? Why does he apply this stuff himself? Most professional clowns know how to apply their make up. I honestly don't get it.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He's the President of the USA can't he get someone to apply this stuff for him who knows what they're doing? Why does he apply this stuff himself? Most professional clowns know how to apply their make up. I honestly don't get it.

I would be 99% certain he does not do it himself.. now that would be a job for a real journalist to find out who his makeup artist is lol

My guess for the jersey shore style tan is it makes him look younger than he is

I mean he's a similar age to bernie and biden but looks quite a bit younger on camera at least to me

43 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

:sadno:

This is how it works :

Trump - I am 'pro-oxygen'.

Democrats - Suffocate themselves.

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Canorth said:

“Vile pig”????

Probably one of the dumbest statements that I’ve ever seen on these boards.

Whatever dude. Sure, I'm the one who takes things too far by adding an adjective, not guys like Chuck Todd when they liken the Bernie movement to the brown shirts.

Matthews issued an apology where he covered all the bases so I'm not pissed anymore. Matthews is just an imbecile.

My advice to him is that if you don't want people thinking you're analogizing something or someone to the Nazis or Hitler, then use another analogy. 

He could have said something like "This must be how the Shah felt when the Mongols sacked Tashkent" which of course would have been just as stupid, but probably wouldn't have irked people to the same extent.

Edited by Red Light Racicot

9 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Maybe he just looks extra orange because of the extra white background....:unsure:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I would be 99% certain he does not do it himself.. now that would be a job for a real journalist to find out who his makeup artist is lol

My guess for the jersey shore style tan is it makes him look younger than he is

I mean he's a similar age to bernie and biden but looks quite a bit younger on camera at least to me

This would be my guess:

Spoiler

Image result for gene simmons

Edited by RUPERTKBD

11 hours ago, nuckin_futz said: