DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By House, Acquited By Senate

On 2/15/2016 at 0:46 AM, Hugor Hill said:

I generally trust government statistics. I don't know for sure whether they falsify or manipulate data or not but it is the best source of data we've got. In Canada, lots of good people are hired to gather and process these data. I certainly would not trust anonymous internet commenters with no experience in running an economy and no primary evidence on whether the government falsify their data or not.

I was working with a guy who used to work in the Sask government (kind of funny that that's where I am now). He said that while the government puts out a figure of ~2% for inflation, it's more like 7 or 8 percent.

11 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I was working with a guy who used to work in the Sask government (kind of funny that that's where I am now). He said that while the government puts out a figure of ~2% for inflation, it's more like 7 or 8 percent.

According to who?

It depends too much on the basket of goods one uses to calculate so I would like to see more of how the government's figure is calculated versus your source.

Oops....looks like his comment about Trump has backfired:

12744132_10156652416430389_8448957314784

• Upvote 1

In what century where the walls built around Vatican City, and what century is it now? :)

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, gurn said:

In what century where the walls built around Vatican City, and what century is it now? :)

People are also very free to pass in and out of the walls of the Vatican.

However knowing Heretic's beliefs it was probably more of a tongue in cheek post rather than a serious one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jägermeister said:

People are also very free to pass in and out of the walls of the Vatican.

However knowing Heretic's beliefs it was probably more of a tongue in cheek post rather than a serious one.

People are free to enter the US too, if they come in through the front door.  it's those that want to sneak in that are the concern.  I wonder... why are there all kinds of video surveillance on those high Vatican walls?

Also, those that enter the Vatican through the gate aren't benefiting from Vatican citizenship... they just get to see lots of beautiful artwork and architecture.  No schooling, no jobs, no health care.  Just tourism.

Not apples to apples here, people.

(for the record, I am not a Trump supporter... you can put both him and the Pope in the same clown car)

3 hours ago, gurn said:

No kidding. It's not like Frank was one of the masons...

Just like to point out, Trumps comment about calling religion in to question being poor

Trump has repeatedly called for tests, measures, standards and requirements for muslims as well as tagging and id for them.  Simply for being muslim.

I guess calling ones beliefs in to question only applies for the white religions?

Side note...can anyone actually believe a guy like trump calling himself a good christian?  Has he ever been to a church?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

People are free to enter the US too, if they come in through the front door.  it's those that want to sneak in that are the concern.  I wonder... why are there all kinds of video surveillance on those high Vatican walls?

Also, those that enter the Vatican through the gate aren't benefiting from Vatican citizenship... they just get to see lots of beautiful artwork and architecture.  No schooling, no jobs, no health care.  Just tourism.

Not apples to apples here, people.

(for the record, I am not a Trump supporter... you can put both him and the Pope in the same clown car)

Think again. They are essentially not accepting immigrants unless you are sponsored by an employer or are a refugee.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Just like to point out, Trumps comment about calling religion in to question being poor

Trump has repeatedly called for tests, measures, standards and requirements for muslims as well as tagging and id for them.  Simply for being muslim.

I guess calling ones beliefs in to question only applies for the white religions?

Side note...can anyone actually believe a guy like trump calling himself a good christian?  Has he ever been to a church?

Lots of Caucasian Muslims and vice versa. Thats a broad, poorly built brush. 

2 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Think again. They are essentially not accepting immigrants unless you are sponsored by an employer or are a refugee.

People are free to apply.  Hell of a lot easier than becoming a Vatican citizen.

No country should have to take all comers whose intention it is to stay permanently, especially countries that have any form of public-funded services.  All immigration needs to be controlled.  Just like the entrance to the Vatican is open to all visitors, so are the gates to the US.  But while the Vatican has high walls with added security to prevent unauthorized access, who is the Pope to say that other states should not do this?

Edited by Kragar
grammar

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

People are free to apply.  Hell of a lot easier than becoming a Vatican citizen.

No country should have to take all comers whose intention it is to stay permanently, especially countries that have any form of public-funded services.  All immigration needs to be controlled.  Just like the entrance to the Vatican is open to all visitors, so are the gates to the US.  But while the Vatican has high walls with added security to prevent unauthorized access, who is the Pope to say that other states should not do this?

Hello!  McFly!  He's the Pope!  Look at any pizza, and if you look hard enough, you can see his face.  I hear there is even "a find the pope in the pizza contest" in parts of New York - on Saturday Night - but you have to be there Live to enter.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

People seem to be missing the fact that you can literally just walk into the Vatican.

No ID, no passport, no security scanner, nothing.  It's quicker and easier to get into than Rogers Arena.

It is not anywhere near the same process as crossing an international border (ie- entering the USA), they aren't comparable.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Realtor Rod said:

Lots of Caucasian Muslims and vice versa. Thats a broad, poorly built brush. 

Of course not taking in to consideration Trump paints all muslims with the same brush so....just sayin

16 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

People seem to be missing the fact that you can literally just walk into the Vatican.

No ID, no passport, no security scanner, nothing.  It's quicker and easier to get into than Rogers Arena.

It is not anywhere near the same process as crossing an international border (ie- entering the USA), they aren't comparable.

FWIW, I read that they do have metal detectors there.  No qualms with that from me.

So yes, what you say is otherwise true.  But, generally the only thing people have to gain from going there is the cultural experience.  There is nothing else you can do there that would impact your daily life, and therefore no reasons for the Vatican to have security beyond protecting everything people are coming to see, and their internal operations of course.

Here in the US, people have illegally crossed the border for work, health care, better living conditions, and numerous other things, many of which negatively impact the lives of US citizens.  Of course, there are others crossing that have even worse things in mind (i.e. drug smugglers).  Illegal immigration floods labor markets, so people (mostly those who were doing lower-skilled labor) have greater competition for jobs, which reduces wages and increases unemployment.  City infrastructure and programs are rarely equipped to handle these unexpected residents, and teachers 

There are valid reasons to have the wall (whether it is a good idea or not), because there is more to protect here than just national treasures.  So yes, it's not comparable.  But that doesn't mean the Pope is anywhere near being correct.

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

One doesn't have to be a Pope to realize that only a complete moron would believe that it's actually feasible to build a wall along the entire US-Mexico border.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to tell that Francis was speaking metaphorically.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Of course not taking in to consideration Trump paints all muslims with the same brush so....just sayin

You are like Trump?

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

It all depends on the times I guess. There would be a time when you would have been searched there. Same as the walls in Israel. High alert versus easy passage. Great wall of China etc.