DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By the House, Senate Trial Next

1 hour ago, Bernards said:

The only question is when you will realize you've been duped. I grew up with Trump. He's been on the tube all his life. He's a Superlib. He spent his whole life sucking up to minorities. He wanted Oprah to be his vice president for crying out loud. All these black people hugging and kissing him knew all about his past and they embraced him. Would they do that to a racist? You need to clue them in. What  we have here is a manufactured retro active racist. Something that can only happen to a conservative. If there was a problem with some rentals units,  he fixed it.

21TRUMPRACEweb1-facebookJumbo.jpg

Don King? Seriously? 

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Not sure how a picture of him with a racist and a rip off artist really helps your argument  :lol: 

The guy on the right is a convicted murderer. 

Edited by Gnarcore

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Don King? Serioui

The guy on the right is a convicted murderer. 

upstanding citizen

he is an amazingly gracious murderer

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

upstanding citizen

he is an amazingly gracious murderer

'The best, the greatest, no one murders or extorts people like my friend Don King. '  - Donald Trump...probably. 

I bet he loves law abiding Mexicans. Who wouldn't. That doesn't include criminals sneaking across the border.

I don't disagree.  It appears to many that Trump's attitude towards people who are criminals extends to his feeling for a particular ethnic group.  However, doesn't society (guys like Trump who proclaims winning is only achieved by financial status) contribute to the issue of crime?  Those who cannot lawfully achieve what "The Donald", and people like him preach is success, will find other methods.  I don't think it's racism (although it certainly could breed racism into a society if the poorest of the population tends to be mostly one ethnic group) but it's certainly an elitist attitude. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html

"

Donald J. Trump rarely apologizes. When it comes to the case of the Central Park Five, he has never even come close.

In 1989, after these black and Latino teenagers from Harlem were accused of assaulting and raping a white woman in Central Park, Mr. Trump spent $85,000 placing full-page ads in the four daily papers in New York City, calling for the return of the death penalty.

“Muggers and murderers,” he wrote, “should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes.” Though he didn’t refer to the teenagers by name, it was clear to anyone in the city that he was referring to them.

Incredibly, 14 years after their sentences were vacated based on DNA evidence and the detailed and accurate confession of a serial rapist named Matias Reyes, Mr. Trump has doubled down.

Advertisement

“They admitted they were guilty,” he said in a statement to CNN this month. “The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous.”

Mr. Trump is apparently ignorant of our country’s epidemic of wrongful convictions, which disproportionately affect minorities, and the prevalence of false confessions in those convictions.

Antron McCray, Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, and Korey Wise in New York City. Known as the Central Park Five, they served prison sentences after being wrongly convicted in the Central Park jogger case.CreditMichael Nagle for The New York Times
18burnsWeb-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&aut
Image18burnsWeb-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&aut
Antron McCray, Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, and Korey Wise in New York City. Known as the Central Park Five, they served prison sentences after being wrongly convicted in the Central Park jogger case.CreditMichael Nagle for The New York Times

He isn’t alone. There has been a persistent drumbeat since the sentences were vacated that the Central Park Five were guilty either of rape or of some other crime that night. A 2003 New York Police Department review reached the conclusion that the boys were “likely guilty” of an initial assault on the jogger, even if they didn’t commit the rape. Linda Fairstein, who oversaw the sex crime unit in the Manhattan district attorney’s office at the time, maintains that the jury reached the correct verdict.

Online, the case against the Central Park Five has become a meme about liberal disregard for law and order, or as the conservative columnist Ann Coulter argued, “liberals are opposed to rape in the abstract, but when it comes to actual rapists, they’re all for them.”

Why the continued belief in the guilt of the Central Park Five, despite all the evidence to the contrary? Race and racism surely play their role. So does the cognitive trap that psychologists call anchoring and what we call first impressions: Mr. Trump quickly jumped to conclusions about their guilt, as did many in New York City

And, as Mr. Trump pointed out, four of the five teenagers did confess to being at the scene of the rape. But false confessions are surprisingly common in criminal cases. In the hundreds of post-conviction DNA exonerations that the Innocence Project has studied, at least one in four of the wrongly convicted had given a confession.

In the case of the Central Park attack, the confessions were the only real evidence. DNA testing, a nascent technology in 1989, was used to compare a single sample found on the victim with the profiles of not only the Central Park Five, but also of many of the other kids they had been with in the park. There were no matches. The victim, when she awoke from a coma, had no memory of the attack.

That left only the statements from four of the teenagers: Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson, Korey Wise and Antron McCray. The fifth, Yusef Salaam, might have confessed, but his mother interrupted the interrogation before he signed anything. A detective was nonetheless allowed to testify that Mr. Salaam had admitted to participating, though he’d given no formal statement.

From the relative comfort of the jury box or Trump Tower, it may be hard to imagine why anyone would admit to a crime he didn’t commit. The power imbalance in an interrogation room is extreme, especially when the suspects are young teenagers, afraid of the police and unfamiliar with the justice system or their rights.

The teenagers faced hours of intense interrogations with no lawyers present and often with no parent or guardian, even though they were just 14, 15 and 16 years old. They were denied food, drink and sleep over many hours. And they were terrified.

The young men were all led to believe that they would be allowed to go home only if they said what the police wanted to hear. The four who gave statements admitted to having been present but blamed others for the rape, which they naïvely thought would not incriminate them.

The “confessions” were riddled with problems. As the district attorney’s office later found, the statements “differed from one another on the specific details of virtually every major aspect of the crime — who initiated the attack, who knocked the victim down, who undressed her, who struck her, who held her, who raped her, what weapons were used in the course of the assault and when in the sequence of events the attack took place.”

Mr. Trump has also suggested that the teenagers were guilty of something that night because, as he wrote in an editorial for The New York Daily News in 2014, “these young men do not exactly have the pasts of angels.”

None of the Central Park Five had ever been arrested before, so Mr. Trump’s reference to their pasts has no basis in truth. The five were in the park that night, but they maintain that they did not participate in other attacks, and there is no evidence that they did.

So we are left with Mr. Trump’s presumption that because they were black and brown teenagers from Harlem, they must have committed a crime. The idea that teenagers who were in a park while crimes were being committed by others deserved to be labeled rapists and sent to prison for between 8 and 13 years is an affront to our Constitution.

Mr. Trump owes many people overdue apologies. At the top of his growing list should be Mr. McCray, Mr. Wise, Mr. Salaam, Mr. Santana and Mr. Richardson. They were victims of a rush to judgment 27 years ago. They shouldn’t still be.

Correction: Oct. 18, 2016

An earlier version of this article misidentified the role of Linda Fairstein in the criminal trials of the Central Park Five. Ms. Fairstein was the supervisor of the sex crimes unit in the Manhattan district attorney’s office. She was not the prosecutor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't disagree.  It appears to many that Trump's attitude towards people who are criminals extends to his feeling for a particular ethnic group.  However, doesn't society (guys like Trump who proclaims winning is only achieved by financial status) contribute to the issue of crime?  Those who cannot lawfully achieve what "The Donald", and people like him preach is success, will find other methods.  I don't think it's racism (although it certainly could breed racism into a society if the poorest of the population tends to be mostly one ethnic group) but it's certainly an elitist attitude. 

The problem Alf is that not all refugees are criminals, rapists or terrorists and those are the words that Trump and his ilk have used to describe these people many of whom are fleeing from one humanitarian crisis right into another. I have turned away enough beggars in my time because I lack the resources to help everyone I come across. But that also does not mean that I yell at them, insult them, throw something at them or do anything that amounts to kicking someone when they are down. I anticipate that isn't the Trumpian way though.

• Upvote 1

The only question is when you will realize you've been duped.

Bro, you had to reference a blog to refute a point, come on now. 

On 2/14/2019 at 4:22 AM, HerrDrFunk said:

I guess mockingly whoopin and tomahawk chopping at a native guy doesn’t qualify.

Also, the report was commissioned by the diocese in charge of the school. Call me cynical but after everything that's come out about the Catholic church in the last decade alone, the investigation results may be a bit suspect.

that native guy lied about everything  to slander and incite violence on these kids

• Hydration 1

Now don't go posting the failing New York Times.  The B man here thinks that Infowars is on par or better than the NYT.  A NYT article won't sway his thinking on the Central Park Five.  He read it somewhere that they were there when it happened and hung around.  Trust him.  He read it.

5 minutes ago, infinitecarnage said:

that native guy lied about everything  to slander and incite violence on these kids

You know you can see the boys doing exactly what I've called them out for in the video you posted, right? 

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

You know you can see the boys doing exactly what I've called them out for in the video you posted, right? 

you know you can see nathan philips is a lying piece of s***t right?

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Thinking things through is not a quality Trump supporters possess.

1 minute ago, infinitecarnage said:

That's rich, coming from a Trump supporter.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

That's rich, coming from a Trump supporter.

here we go again, i'm a trump supporter because i defended these kids. :picard:

you pc liberals are really the lowest life forms on the planet

4 minutes ago, infinitecarnage said:

here we go again, i'm a trump supporter because i defended these kids. :picard:

you pc liberals are really the lowest life forms on the planet

So quick to the insults. 

10 minutes ago, infinitecarnage said:

Anything to refute the kids doing racist taunts? 

Ya baby!! I like where this thread is going now!!!

”F*ck yo chain, I’ll take that s*%t”

Chino

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Ok, I just sat through some of that...got to admit I prefer these less yelling and fake laughing videos from the right washers.

Yes, I saw kids getting amped, shirt off looking like a bad a Maori type Haka dance , then this one little jerk smirking, standing in the way of the slow moving Vet. I felt like the drummers crew were the only ones acting in a peaceful manner. Sure they look like they could have headed up to the memorial a different way but still this teen purposely stood in front of this War Vet smirking in his face while being egged on by his buddies. He looked like what we used to call a fist magnet, he was disrespectful. 

I also believe the Tomahawk chop in this case was an attempt to demean the drummer and crew.

Those Israelite's though....need a spin kick to the melon. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, infinitecarnage said:

I know that the Sandmann kid was lying when he said he was "startled" and "confused", when Phillips approached him..... 

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Thinking things through is not a quality Trump supporters possess.

Why would you say that?  Wouldn't you think there are people in all sides of politics that don't think things through properly before acting?  Given this young man is still a high school student, and the Native person is clearly a very mature adult, perhaps the more mature person should have shown leadership, and dissolved the situation rather than making things worse?   Kids make stupid decisions, and (we adults) are supposed to think more clearly, no?  Is that not why kids don't have all the rights and freedoms we do?  Is that not why kids are protected by laws that we are not?  Is that not why kids live (hopefully) with their parents, and we adults are the parents?

Yes, this kid was being a complete ass, but the adult (native person) could have easily deescalated the situation by simply showing leadership, and maturity.  

• Hydration 1