DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US - Impeached By the House, Senate Trial Next

No words for this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-melania-baby-el-paso-thumbs-up-hospital-parents-mass-shooting-a9049086.html

Grinning Trump gives thumbs-up with baby whose parents were shot dead in El Paso terror attack

Infant was brought for photo op at hospital where patients refused to meet president

bda54b50-ba74-11e9-a35b-d1c10d77ad72_800_420.png

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

No words for this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-melania-baby-el-paso-thumbs-up-hospital-parents-mass-shooting-a9049086.html

Grinning Trump gives thumbs-up with baby whose parents were shot dead in El Paso terror attack

Infant was brought for photo op at hospital where patients refused to meet president

bda54b50-ba74-11e9-a35b-d1c10d77ad72_800_420.png

I think the outrage here is misplaced.... i'm sure it is his instinct to smile and thumbs up the camera for a photo

buried at the bottom of the article are some quotes from the babies remaining family

Speaking to NPR radio, Tito Anchondo, the child’s uncle, and brother of Andre Anchondo, said: “I think people are misconstruing President Trump’s ideas. My brother was very supportive of Trump.”

The boy’s grandfather told Spanish newspaper ABC the family were ”very happy” with Mr Trump’s visit and that the president was ”kind and sympathetic”. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:17 AM, Gnarcore said:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

these really belong in the Democractic primary thread lol... but here's another with my fav candidate thus far

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

these really belong in the Democractic primary thread lol... but here's another with my fav candidate thus far

I don't think so. Both Gabbard and Yang are real breaths of fresh air in American politics who actually answer questions directly with intelligent and thoughtful responses.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

Misplaced??? Surely you can't be so devoid of human emotion to actually believe this. The family members who are quoted in this article are still in a surreal place of grief and may come to regret their remarks taken in any way to support this tone deaf Wank Maggot's photo-op and campaign videos capitalizing on the deaths and survivors of a mass shooting. It is puke producing to see these photos and the videos that were released immediately after the hospital visits. What &^@#ing kind of waste of skin and air humanoid does this sort of thing? Campaign videos and photo-ops off the grief and suffering of mass shooting survivors and the families of the deceased. The Mango Wank Maggot just keeps dropping the bar lower and lower and exceeding expectations.

Wank Maggot.... gotta give it to the anti-trumpers for their obscene creativity I enjoy the names you come up with 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Wank Maggot.... gotta give it to the anti-trumpers for their obscene creativity I enjoy the names you come up with 

If the wank maggot fits.....

On 8/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Gnarcore said:

I hear that Bernie claimed, if elected, he will release all info on UFO's on this POD cast?

We've heard that before, then they get elected and meet our Reptilian overlords and are forced to change that decision.:P 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I hear that Bernie claimed, if elected, he will release all info on UFO's on this POD cast?

We've heard that before, then they get elected and meet our Reptilian overlords and are forced to change that decision.:P 

It was actually a very reasonable interview from Bernie imo…. agree with a lot of his points including the gradual transition to universal healthcare by creating an opt in to Medicare option for younger and younger populations until it is near universally widespread. Need more information on this 'wall street speculation tax' he claims will pay for it though and the effects it would have

Mind boggling how big Pharma continues to get away with their price gouging via lobbying... I think everyone can agree.. including trump 

His position I cannot get around accepting is eliminating student debt and funding free college for all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Mind boggling how big Pharma continues to get away with their price gouging via lobbying... I think everyone can agree.. including trump

Like legislation allowing US groups to buy insulin from us at a tenth of the cost they pay down there, instead of standing up to their pharma prices. This threatens our drug supply.

I find myself liking a little bit of  a few of the candidates ideas. Warren looking at the private equity abuse, I suppose mainly the same target as Bernie.. Wall Street.

The idea that an owner/shareholder can also be a very high paid consultant ( or 'management fees) for their own company is wrong. It can help them qualify for a lower tax bracket and produces an inflated false variable cost of its payroll. They find way to pay themselves even if the company is failing

Edited by bishopshodan

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

I think the outrage here is misplaced.... i'm sure it is his instinct to smile and thumbs up the camera for a photo

buried at the bottom of the article are some quotes from the babies remaining family

Its totally deranged.

If I didn't know better, and perhaps I don't, it looks like he celebrating fact that the shooter who acted upon his hateful rhetoric has created an orphan, which is apparently the kind of thing he wants to happen to latino families.

It is at best incredibly tone deaf and at worst incredibly ghoulish. 

Edited by Red Light Racicot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Light Racicot said:

Its totally deranged.

If I didn't know better, and perhaps I don't, it looks like he celebrating fact that the shooter who acted upon his hateful rhetoric has created an orphan, which is apparently the kind of thing he wants to happen to latino families.

It is at best incredibly tone deaf and at worst incredibly ghoulish. 

so presidents shouldn't smile and pose with victims of mass shootings ?  Or is it different in this case it is a baby.. Or is it the thumbs up.. Or is it just because Drumpf

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Like legislation allowing US groups to buy insulin from us at a tenth of the cost they pay down there, instead of standing up to their pharma prices. This threatens our drug supply.

I find myself liking a little bit of  a few of the candidates ideas. Warren looking at the private equity abuse, I suppose mainly the same target as Bernie.. Wall Street.

The idea that an owner/shareholder can also be a very high paid consultant ( or 'management fees) for their own company is wrong. It can help them qualify for a lower tax bracket and produces an inflated false variable cost of its payroll. They find way to pay themselves even if the company is failing

I just wish Trump would take a harder stance on the overwhelming populist issues like universal background checks and tackling big pharma pricing... I realize it is likely the Republicans that would oppose such legislation but god damn push it through.

I have a hunch his next populist move will be legalizing marijuana federally before the next election which would shake things up quite a bit

regarding your owner/shareholder comment... I am not sure of the details where that is abused, but I work for a small business which the owners take dividends out of as they are not paid a salary.  I don't see a huge issue with them tacking on a management fee expense to lower net income at year-end as they are performing a significant amount of work for the company. but I see how it can be abused I guess.

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

I have a hunch his next populist move will be legalizing marijuana federally before the next election which would shake things up quite a bit

Holy smokes, I didn't think of that. Could be a big ace up his sleeve.

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

regarding your owner/shareholder comment... I am not sure of the details where that is abused, but I work for a small business which the owners take dividends out of as they are not paid a salary.  I don't see a huge issue with them tacking on a management fee expense to lower net income at year-end as they are performing a significant amount of work for the company. but I see how it can be abused I guess.

I'm a director for a group in a larger org. Salaries,management and consulting fees in my yearly budgets for the shareholders. Aside from dividends. Sure these people... 'work' ...anyway, it's legal and gets abused.

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I just wish Trump would take a harder stance on the overwhelming populist issues like universal background checks

He is sort of talking about it now, however he already had a chance to vote in favour of background checks and didn't

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/house-passes-gun-control-background-check-bill-trump-pledges-to-veto.html

"

The House passed its second bill this week to strengthen gun background checks, in the biggest gun control push Congress has made in more than 20 years.

The Democratic-held chamber approved a plan Thursday to extend the background check review period to 10 days from three days. It passed in a 228-198 vote, as three Republicans backed it. A day earlier, the House cleared a measure to require checks for all firearms sales, including those purchased online and at gun shows.

President Donald Trump has promised to veto both proposals, arguing they would restrict the rights of gun owners. The legislation is unlikely to get through the GOP-controlled Senate.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-sign-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-illnesses/

In the wake of a horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead in February 2018, media renewed focus on an Obama-era regulation repealed in the early months of the Trump administration. That rule would have given the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is used for gun sales, access to Social Security Administration data including the names of individuals receiving certain federal mental health benefits.

As we explained in a 17 February 2017 article, this rule — which never went into effect before being rescinded — did not change any existing laws regulating who is allowed to purchase guns. It merely would have provided a new way to enforce existing restrictions on gun sales by allowing a transfer of information from one agency to another. There are now, and have been for some time, laws that seek to limit gun sales to anyone “who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution” per Title 18 section 922(g) of the United States Code. However, according to the Associated Press:

The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conne

The rule was rescinded using a legal procedure called the the Congressional Review Act, which, prior to the Trump Administration, was obscure and little-used. It allows regulations passed in the final days of one administration to be rescinded with a simple majority vote in both chambers of Congress during the first 60 days of a new administration. The Senate sent their repeal of the Obama-era measure for Trump’s signature on 15 February 2017 — almost a year before the Parkland shooting to the day — and Trump signed it the next week, on 28 February 2017.

While the law did not change who is required to be the subject of background checks, it is true that Trump signed the repeal of a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill people from purchasing firearms by allowing a new data source to be included the system that runs those background checks. As such we rank the claim mostly true.

cticut.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

He is sort of talking about it now, however he already had a chance to vote in favour of background checks and didn't

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/house-passes-gun-control-background-check-bill-trump-pledges-to-veto.html

"

The House passed its second bill this week to strengthen gun background checks, in the biggest gun control push Congress has made in more than 20 years.

The Democratic-held chamber approved a plan Thursday to extend the background check review period to 10 days from three days. It passed in a 228-198 vote, as three Republicans backed it. A day earlier, the House cleared a measure to require checks for all firearms sales, including those purchased online and at gun shows.

President Donald Trump has promised to veto both proposals, arguing they would restrict the rights of gun owners. The legislation is unlikely to get through the GOP-controlled Senate.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-sign-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-illnesses/

In the wake of a horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead in February 2018, media renewed focus on an Obama-era regulation repealed in the early months of the Trump administration. That rule would have given the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is used for gun sales, access to Social Security Administration data including the names of individuals receiving certain federal mental health benefits.

As we explained in a 17 February 2017 article, this rule — which never went into effect before being rescinded — did not change any existing laws regulating who is allowed to purchase guns. It merely would have provided a new way to enforce existing restrictions on gun sales by allowing a transfer of information from one agency to another. There are now, and have been for some time, laws that seek to limit gun sales to anyone “who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution” per Title 18 section 922(g) of the United States Code. However, according to the Associated Press:

The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conne

The rule was rescinded using a legal procedure called the the Congressional Review Act, which, prior to the Trump Administration, was obscure and little-used. It allows regulations passed in the final days of one administration to be rescinded with a simple majority vote in both chambers of Congress during the first 60 days of a new administration. The Senate sent their repeal of the Obama-era measure for Trump’s signature on 15 February 2017 — almost a year before the Parkland shooting to the day — and Trump signed it the next week, on 28 February 2017.

While the law did not change who is required to be the subject of background checks, it is true that Trump signed the repeal of a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill people from purchasing firearms by allowing a new data source to be included the system that runs those background checks. As such we rank the claim mostly true.

cticut.

Briefly reading that... it looks like the legislation didn't pass the Senate anyway, although yes he already stated he would Veto it for some reason.. which is why I am hoping he has stopped worrying so much about the NRA opinion and will get it done 

I think it needs to be done via legislation and not an executive order (rule?) that can easily be undone, similar to immigration reform

4 hours ago, Chicken. said:

so presidents shouldn't smile and pose with victims of mass shootings ?  Or is it different in this case it is a baby.. Or is it the thumbs up.. Or is it just because Drumpf

No he shouldn't have used that baby as a photo OP and he certainly shouldn't have smiled and given a thumbs up ffs....

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Upvote 4