DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

The Hampshire Primary is the first real test for Presidential hopefuls.  Not the weird Iowa Caucuses.

On the Republican side, it is really up for grabs as even people like Bush and Kasich has a chance.

On the Democratic side, there could be a major upset coming with Sanders in a big lead over Clinton.

From CNN:

(CNN)On the eve of New Hampshire's presidential primaries, a new CNN Poll of Polls finds both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are holding on to substantial leads in their respective races, but each faces an opponent whose support is on the rise.

Sanders' 54% to 40% advantage over Hillary Clinton is down slightly from a 55% to 37% lead in the previous Poll of Polls. No public polling has found Clinton in the lead in New Hampshire since November.

Trump tops the GOP field with 31%, well ahead of Marco Rubio's 15%. Rubio has picked up four points since the previous New Hampshire Poll of Polls, the biggest change in the averages in the last week. Ted Cruz follows with 13%, John Kasich at 11% and Jeb Bush at 10%. This pack of four -- Rubio, Cruz, Kasich and Bush -- has been jockeying for second place in the state for some time. The fifth candidate often included in the group, Chris Christie, has generally seen his support dwindle, and now stands well behind, dropping two points in this week's Poll of Polls to an average of 5%. Carly Fiorina ties Christie at 5% and Ben Carson rounds out the group with 3%.

UPDATE - March 13, 2017:  The thread started as a US election thread but since evolved into a Donald Trump Thread.   Thus, the title has been changed to reflect that.

Edited by DonLever
  • Upvote 2

Is every primary going to get a thread?  And is everyone now sick and tired of the 2016 US presidential election WAY before it's even started?  Maybe the goal is to get people who are now engaged to grow nauseous of the process so they won't know that it's once again been stolen from them.

• Upvote 2

Bernie Sanders really needs to use this track for his campaign!

"Bern baby Bern, Bern that mutha down!"

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

*sigh* if they really want this to be interesting, drop all of them into ufc cage and let them go at it. Hillary would win.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Money's on Christie. His cardio is garbage but all that flab protects his vital organs.

Not enough votes to get in, not enough room either

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BanTSN said:

Is every primary going to get a thread?  And is everyone now sick and tired of the 2016 US presidential election WAY before it's even started?  Maybe the goal is to get people who are now engaged to grow nauseous of the process so they won't know that it's once again been stolen from them.

You don't care about this because you are being boring.  I believe we are witnessing the collapse of the two-party system in the USA.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You don't care about this because you are being boring.  I believe we are witnessing the collapse of the two-party system in the USA.

I care about this.  Just not 'thread per primary' care.

"This is vital."

"No this is vital."

"No THIS is vital."

etc.

Almost every state has a primary.

2 hours ago, BanTSN said:

No, not every primary deserve a separate thread but some are very important in the US electoral system.  The first 2, the Iowa and the New Hampshire gives a sense who are the front runners and who are the also rans.  For example, Santorum and Rand Paul has dropped out after the Iowa primary.  After the New Hampshire Primary, more will drop out.

The next important primary is on Super Tuesday,  March 1 which has multiple state primaries and  will likely decide who will win the nominations.   So the next new thread on the US elections should be one for Super Tuesday.

BTW, I have followed every US election since the 1960's.   I still remember the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.  The school I was attending back in 1963 sent us home early and there were no classes in the afternoon.  Does anyone remember if that was the case for all Vancouver schools?

Edited by DonLever

They really need to reform their system to be shorter. No need for such a long campaign, just a waste of time and money.

There's no crucial test. 

Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS. It's been decided for a while now. 

Illuminati confirmed/

• Upvote 2

I think Jeb!'s new campaign plan is to try not to draw attention and wait for everyone else to publicly meltdown.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

There's no crucial test. 

Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS. It's been decided for a while now. 

Illuminati confirmed/

Unless she too malfunction's like Rubio did and the reptilian in her tries to expose itself. Then all bets are off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DonLever said:

No, not every primary deserve a separate thread but some are very important in the US electoral system.  The first 2, the Iowa and the New Hampshire gives a sense who are the front runners and who are the also rans.  For example, Santorum and Rand Paul has dropped out after the Iowa primary.  After the New Hampshire Primary, more will drop out.

The next important primary is on Super Tuesday,  March 1 which has multiple state primaries and  will likely decide who will win the nominations.   So the next new thread on the US elections should be one for Super Tuesday.

BTW, I have followed every US election since the 1960's.   I still remember the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.  The school I was attending back in 1963 sent us home early and there were no classes in the afternoon.  Does anyone remember if that was the case for all Vancouver schools?

I don't know about all of Van, but I know schools on Vancouver Island that sent their students home when that happened.

4 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

*sigh* if they really want this to be interesting, drop all of them into ufc cage and let them go at it. Hillary would win.

Loled 

1 hour ago, Fateless said:

I hope neither Hillary nor Trump wins. I'm sick of both and the election isn't even for another year. All you ever hear about from Hillary is that she's a woman and therefore you should vote for her. All Trump does is command the racist and misogynistic hordes of America. 

I think I'd be happiest if Bernie won simply because America needs a culture shock and someone who isn't scared to pursue equality in the face of corporate greed.

It's wrapped up in november