DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Mulcair calls on Trudeau to speak out against the ban and Justin Trudeau does not.

Good for JT.  He's standing firm on his beliefs.  Got to respect that. 

• Upvote 1

Trump is screwed if the judge allows this. On trial in public under oath. Guess no one really is above the law as it should be. I gotta admit though as crazy as this eternal feeling 7 weeks has been I didn't see this coming at all.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good for JT.  He's standing firm on his beliefs.  Got to respect that. 

Lmao @Hugor Hill gave you a plus 1 yet he wanted Trudeau to stand up and speak out against Trump. I will repeat he didn't. Mulcair called on him to speak out on the ban and he didn't. Flippy flip Hugor. :lol:

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

Europeans are starting to think about adopting a new military doctrine.

It only took them 70 years to realize that they have to be in charge of defending their countries, not United States.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/world/europe/eu-military-headquarters.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/world/europe/european-union-nuclear-weapons.html?_r=0

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

It only took them 70 years to realize that they have to be in charge of defending their countries, not United States.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/world/europe/european-union-nuclear-weapons.html?_r=0

Ya and it will take another 70 years to actually get the ball rolling. Europe is essentially a vassal continent of America.

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Good for them. They can't rely on Trump and this should have happened a long time ago. I've honestly wondered why the EU doesn't just become its own country like the US. They'd have far more power and the vast majority of the countries have the same views politically so I've always wondered why they never thought of doing that. It would also strengthen the Euro I just don't really see a downside to it especially with how integrated the countries already are with one another.

Edited by Mattrek
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Ya and it will take another 70 years to actually get the ball rolling. Europe is essentially a vassal continent of America.

Well it's their own fault, they don't invest much in military so they depend on USA.

All they do is cry how Europe is full of U.S. Bases, well they need build their own military.

Europeans  had a chance in the 90's to act during the Balkan wars, and yet failed miserably. 

They keep military posturing against Putin and not realizing that without the military help from UK and USA, Russians would get to Berlin in few days.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's the stuff of movies right there.  Especially grabbing the passports from the US border cop and running to the RCMP on the other side.  At least the US border cop gave them back their luggage.  Since he did that, I'm willing to bet he probably told the guy to grab the passports and run then gave a half chase to cover his butt in front of the Reuters reporter/photographer.  It's what I would have done if I were in his shoes.

I wonder if Canada will integrate the thousands of refugees that are now pouring in.  They'll have to go on Canadian public assistance until they find jobs.

Unless the rules have been changed without my knowledge, refugees can't just "pour in", or go on public assistance until they find jobs.

they have to be sponsored by Canadians who agree to cover their expenses for a full year, after which they are on their own.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

So what HS posted earlier, a NY Times article stating Trump's aids were wire tapped, is certainly true then? 

As usual, Harvey and the alt-right websites that he loves so much have it wrong.

the "wiretaps" that the Times were referring to were intercepted communications from Russians who were under surveillance for suspected ties to Paul Manafort.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html

Mr. Manafort has done business in Ukraine and Russia. Some of his contacts there were under surveillance by the National Security Agency for suspected links to Russia’s Federal Security Service, one of the officials said.

So this smoking gun that you think you've found is nothing but smoke. It doesn't support the story that Trump's phones were bugged at all.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mattrek said:

Good for them. They can't rely on Trump and this should have happened a long time ago. I've honestly wondered why the EU doesn't just become its own country like the US. They'd have far more power and the vast majority of the countries have the same views politically so I've always wondered why they never thought of doing that. That would also strengthen the Euro I just don't really see a downside to it.

errrr.....

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Well it's their own fault, they don't invest much in military so they depend on USA.

All they do is cry how Europe is full of U.S. Bases, well they need build their own military.

Europeans  had a chance in the 90's to act during the Balkan wars, and yet failed miserably. 

They keep military posturing against Putin and not realizing that without the military help from UK and USA, Russians would get to Berlin in few days.

+1 but just an fyi Russia would annihilate the U.K. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

There's a pretty good live audience interview with Putin on youtube, where he describes and explains that while the USA says they want friends and allies in the world, they actually want vassal states. 

Putin isn't the best politician to listen to, but he did give a pretty profound argument. 

• Upvote 2

Canadian women got trumped...

http://www.theprovince.com/news/national/99ve+been+trumped+canadian+citizen+says+denied+entry+told+needed/13054721/story.html

A Montrealer who is a Canadian citizen by birth says she was barred from entering the United States and told to get a valid visa if she ever wants to cross the border.

Manpreet Kooner said she was turned away at a crossing along the Quebec-Vermont border on Sunday after a six-hour wait where she was fingerprinted, photographed and questioned before being refused.

She said she was told she was an immigrant without a valid U.S. visa.

Kooner, 30, is of Indian descent and was born in Montreal to parents who came to Canada from India in the 1960s and have lived in the same LaSalle district duplex for decades.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Canadian women got trumped...

http://www.theprovince.com/news/national/99ve+been+trumped+canadian+citizen+says+denied+entry+told+needed/13054721/story.html

A Montrealer who is a Canadian citizen by birth says she was barred from entering the United States and told to get a valid visa if she ever wants to cross the border.

Manpreet Kooner said she was turned away at a crossing along the Quebec-Vermont border on Sunday after a six-hour wait where she was fingerprinted, photographed and questioned before being refused.

She said she was told she was an immigrant without a valid U.S. visa.

Kooner, 30, is of Indian descent and was born in Montreal to parents who came to Canada from India in the 1960s and have lived in the same LaSalle district duplex for decades.

Rupert covered this already. By the way I like the new pic buddy.

29 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Rupert covered this already. By the way I like the new pic buddy.

Yep. Gotta get up pretty early, kos....B)

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

:lol: come on.

Facts and bias are two different things. The NYT as the WSJ reports facts. Framing those facts in a biased way does not change those facts from being reality. This is a good graph to follow of the media and bias. Of course I don't agree with all of it, but it's an overall good accurate picture.

350116a5153f37ae1479b806b885d84e.jpg

• Upvote 1