DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

29,452 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well what makes Trump a warmonger?

Trump Admin Ups Drone Strikes, Tolerates More Civilian Deaths: U.S. Officials

by Ken Dilanian, Hans Nichols and Courtney Kube

The Trump administration is moving ahead with plans to make it easier for the CIA and the military to target terrorists with drone strikes, even if it means tolerating more civilian casualties, U.S. officials told NBC News.

The military already has declared that parts of Yemen and Somalia are war zones — "areas of active hostilities" in Pentagon parlance — which means the U.S. has greater latitude to launch strikes even if civilian deaths are possible.

That is part of a broad policy shift underway, U.S. officials say, to grant the CIA and the military more autonomy to target and kill al Qaeda and ISIS militants without presidential sign-off in countries such as Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Libya and Afghanistan.

"Some of the Obama administration rules were getting in the way of good strikes," said one U.S. official briefed on the matter.

The Obama administration put in place a rule that no drone strike could take place outside a war zone unless there was a "near certainty" that no civilian would be harmed. Obama also put the White House in the decision loop on most strikes against high-value targets. And, outside a war zone, the military or the CIA had to show that the target posed an imminent threat to the United States.

These and other rules — along with a general policy preference by Obama — led to a dramatic drop in drone strikes toward the end of the Obama presidency. The drop was also due to the fact that the al Qaeda threat in Pakistan diminished considerably.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-admin-ups-drone-strikes-tolerates-more-civilian-deaths-n733336

Trump is already ratcheting up the bombing and drone strikes. He has already declared war on ISIS. He has antagonized China and North Korea. He has increased defense spending.

We really don't know what Hillary would have done if she became President. Trump is already showing that he more of a war hawk than Obama.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-admin-ups-drone-strikes-tolerates-more-civilian-deaths-n733336

Trump is already ratcheting up the bombing and drone strikes. He has already declared war on ISIS. He has antagonized China and North Korea. He has increased defense spending.

We really don't know what Hillary would have done if she became President. Trump is already showing that he more of a war hawk than Obama.

Attacking isis.. What a bad guy, wtf are you serious? What is wrong with you?

No one wants war but isis has to be destroyed.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

LOL.  Come on man, I know that you probably work in the Oil industry and you view Trump as a messiah that will save your economic interests, but do you know what you are talking about when it comes to war mongering? You single out clinton as if the administration she worked in was unique in engaging in global conflict.  I dont know if you know a history of the USA but post wwII usa is rife with governments that "war mongered" - all over the world.  Do we have to go through it all, central america, africa, the middle east, asia?  All the puppet governments installed, the invasions, backing one dictator one day, and then when he isnt a good lap dog anymore invading (cough Hussein cough) Practically every administration has murdered for the sake of economic and national interests.  Trump has been in office for a few months, hes already pledged to ramp up the US war machine which includes even increasing USAs nuclear aresenal - as if this is the Ronald Reagan era again.  Calling Clinton a war monger is laughable in the grand scheme of things - arent they all?  As if your nut job is going to be any better. How do you think their empire is on the pinnacle? McDonalds and Coca Cola? 

7 minutes ago, Toews said:

Well, he has a ways to go to catch Obama -  the total for Obama’s presidency was over 100,000 bombs and missiles striking seven countries...

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

LOL.  Come on man, I know that you probably work in the Oil industry and you view Trump as a messiah that will save your economic interests, but do you know what you are talking about when it comes to war mongering? You single out clinton as if the administration she worked in was unique in engaging in global conflict.  I dont know if you know a history of the USA but post wwII usa is rife with governments that "war mongered" - all over the world.  Do we have to go through it all, central america, africa, the middle east, asia?  All the puppet governments installed, the invasions, backing one dictator one day, and then when he isnt a good lap dog anymore invading (cough Hussein cough) Practically every administration has murdered for the sake of economic and national interests.  Trump has been in office for a few months, hes already pledged to ramp up the US war machine which includes even increasing USAs nuclear aresenal - as if this is the Ronald Reagan era again.  Calling Clinton a war monger is laughable in the grand scheme of things - arent they all?  As if your nut job is going to be any better. How do you think their empire is on the pinnacle? McDonalds and Coca Cola? 

Yup the U.S war machine is out of control. You have no proof on Trump just your opinion, well done.  I'm not sure Why my job will be fixed by Trump. You must speak with people who aren't very intelligent or you don't understand how commodities work. By the way I still work every day so I'm alright, Canada however is feeling the pinch.

You can't antagonize an ideology to "death". All you will accomplish is suppressing and angering it. It will still survive. In order to "defeat" an ideology, you need to change the culture.

Keep bombing away though. 

Whether Trump is or is not a war monger is irrelevant. Both political parties have been fighting Isis with bombs and fear. Both irresponsibly killing. Both won't win.

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Attacking isis.. What a bad guy, wtf are you serious? What is wrong with you?

No one wants war but isis has to be destroyed.

Saddam was a brutal dictator that had to be destroyed as well. That led to hundreds of thousands of people losing their lives and the ones that replaced him ended up being worse than he was. What guarantee do you have that getting rid of ISIS doesn't just make things worse? Obama realized that he was bleeding money, costing civilian lives as well as American lives for a cause that would never be fruitful. He then chose to contain the threat rather than confront it head on. If ISIS is destroyed they will create another banner and the extremists will flock to that one.

15 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Well, he has a ways to go to catch Obama -  the total for Obama’s presidency was over 100,000 bombs and missiles striking seven countries...

Did you read the article, he wants to increase bombing. He has already bombed Yemen more in one month than Obama had in the past year.

Edited by Toews

49 minutes ago, inane said:

Still waiting for any commentary on this from trump fans.... All good right? 

There are Trump fans here and what's your point?  That he golfed during a crisis or when he should have paid tribute to a fallen soldier?

He is number 1.

Donald Trump tops ranking of golfing presidents

The new commander-in-chief immediately takes over the No. 1 spot in our Golf Digest ranking
Share this story:

Courtesy of the Trump Organization

President Donald Trump will be the 16th of the past 19 American presidents to play golf. And immediately upon entering office he will be the best player of the group, thanks to his current 2.8 Handicap Index and his 19 club championship victories. According to our Jaime Diaz, who twice played golf with Trump in recent years, the best part of his game is his ball-striking, although Trump himself says it's his putting.

Trump knocks John F. Kennedy from the No. 1 spot in our previous ranking of the best golf presidents. Here's how our ranking shakes out, with an assist from Don Van Natta Jr., author of the book, First Off the Tee: Presidential Hackers, Duffers, and Cheaters from Taft to Bush.

1. Donald Trump
    Known for his bombastic statements, his boast of winning 19 club championships isn't one of them

2. John F. Kennedy
    Despite chronic back pain, averaged 80

3. Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Installed a green outside the Oval Office; member at Augusta National

4. Gerald R. Ford
    Despite a clumsy image, a legitimate 80s-shooter

5. Franklin D. Roosevelt
    At 39, polio robbed him of a powerful golf swing

6. George W. Bush
    His handicap dipped under 10, post-presidency

7. George H.W. Bush
    Once got his handicap down to 11

8. Bill Clinton
    Can break 90, especially using his "Billigans"

9. Barack Obama
    The lefty plays hoops and golf, more than 330 rounds during his two terms.

10. Ronald Reagan
    Didn't play often or well (best was low 90s)

11. Warren G. Harding
    Struggled to break 95

12. William Howard Taft
    As hapless a golfer as he was a chief executive

13. Woodrow Wilson
    Played more than Ike but almost never broke 100

14. Richard M. Nixon
    He shot 79 once and quit the game

15. Lyndon B. Johnson
    Played with senators to secure votes for the Civil Rights Act of 1964

16. Calvin Coolidge
    When he vacated the White House, he left his clubs behind

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/presidentsranking

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yup the U.S war machine is out of control. You have no proof on Trump just your opinion, well done.  I'm not sure Why my job will be fixed by Trump. You must speak with people who aren't very intelligent or you don't understand how commodities work. By the way I still work every day so I'm alright, Canada however is feeling the pinch.

Yeah, I guess Trump's pledge to increase military spending by 54 billion is a figment of my imagination.  Im sure he will be the most peaceful president of modern times - he is open minded, hard to provoke, and very understanding after all.   In the end I was just commenting on your obsession with Hillary and her being a war monger - as if her government was unique.

Regarding your job and trump, I find it hard to believe that your field of work does not influence your opinion of the man.  Thats just my opinion though.

Carry on and defend your boy for another 500 pages though, I was just dropping in for the usual entertainment.

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

Saddam was a brutal dictator that had to be destroyed as well. That led to hundreds of thousands of people losing their lives and the ones that replaced him ended up being worse than he was. What guarantee do you have that getting rid of ISIS doesn't just make things worse? Obama realized that he was bleeding money, costing civilian lives as well as American lives for a cause that would never be fruitful. He then chose to contain the threat rather than confront it head on. If ISIS is destroyed they will create another banner and the extremists will flock to that one.

Did you read the article, he wants to increase bombing. He has already bombed Yemen more in one month than Obama had in the past year.

I did not read the "article" that I assume you are referring to.  

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

Yeah, I guess Trump's pledge to increase military spending by 54 billion is a figment of my imagination.  Im sure he will be the most peaceful president of modern times - he is open minded, hard to provoke, and very understanding after all.   In the end I was just commenting on your obsession with Hillary and her being a war monger - as if her government was unique.

Regarding your job and trump, I find it hard to believe that your field of work does not influence your opinion of the man.  Thats just my opinion though.

Carry on and defend your boy for another 500 pages though, I was just dropping in for the usual entertainment.

I guess he's just adding to Obama's legacy?

"

The reality is that Obama has increased U.S. military spending beyond the post-World War II record set by President George W. Bush. Now that Obama has signed the military budget for FY2017, the final record is that Obama has spent an average of $653.6 billion per year, outstripping Bush by an average of $18.7 billion per year (in 2016 dollars).

In historical terms, after adjusting for inflation, Obama’s military spending has been 56 percent higher than Clinton’s, 16 percent higher than Reagan’s, and 42 percent more than the U.S. Cold War average, when it was justified by a military competition with a real peer competitor in the Soviet Union.  By contrast, Russia now spends one-tenth of what we are pouring into military forces, weapon-building and war."

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/01/18/obamas-bombing-legacy/

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

"

The reality is that Obama has increased U.S. military spending beyond the post-World War II record set by President George W. Bush. Now that Obama has signed the military budget for FY2017, the final record is that Obama has spent an average of $653.6 billion per year, outstripping Bush by an average of $18.7 billion per year (in 2016 dollars).

In historical terms, after adjusting for inflation, Obama’s military spending has been 56 percent higher than Clinton’s, 16 percent higher than Reagan’s, and 42 percent more than the U.S. Cold War average, when it was justified by a military competition with a real peer competitor in the Soviet Union.  By contrast, Russia now spends one-tenth of what we are pouring into military forces, weapon-building and war."

Pretty sure you mean Bush's legacy. He was the one that started the wars, Obama was just containing the threat. Trump is now actively attempting to destroy the threat and for that he is bombing more often and also advocating that they go after the families of terrorists and bring back torture. Trump's bloodlust seems to surpass both his predecessors.

Edited by Toews

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hillary is a liar and a warmonger. Her policies would have continued to help big business and eliminate middle class jobs.

If you actually read her platform instead of getting a preconceived opinion you would not say that. How is promising out of all investments made in infrastructure 10% must go to rural communities job killing? How is creating programs to retrain coal workers for other jobs job killing? Those are just two planks of her incredibly detailed platform. Take your partisan hat off. Read what her platform was and come back to me. Hate the messenger all you like, but her platform would've helped a lot of people.

Ben Stein tells it like it is.  American democracy is being hijacked by rogue judges.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Heretic said:

"

Who said anything about Obama being an angel?  What I do find amusing about this article is that Trump has been claiming all along that the US army was weak and in shambles...now this article shows us Obama was spending record amounts on defence....Add another lie to the long list of lies. 

Edited by Darius71

1 hour ago, inane said:

Still waiting for any commentary on this from trump fans.... All good right? 

30 million dollars and climbing spent on his weekend vacations. They're looking at raising taxes for residents to be able to afford the overtime for police officers needed. Trump of course could pay for it himself, but chooses not to.

3 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

If you actually read her platform instead of getting a preconceived opinion you would not say that. How is promising out of all investments made in infrastructure 10% must go to rural communities job killing? How is creating programs to retrain coal workers for other jobs job killing? Those are just two planks of her incredibly detailed platform. Take your partisan hat off. Read what her platform was and come back to me. Hate the messenger all you like, but her platform would've helped a lot of people.

Retraining people for jobs that don't exist. Brilliance.

14 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Germany, Japan, Canada and so many other nations will be increasing defense spending. Do they want war as well?

1 minute ago, Mattrek said:

30 million dollars and climbing spent on his weekend vacations. They're looking at raising taxes for residents to be able to afford the overtime for police officers needed. Trump of course could pay for it himself, but chooses not to.

A few morons are still convinced that him not taking a salary is proof of his commitment. Now he is living his lavish lifestyle and tax payers are being forced to pay for it.

46 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not causing a war yet, but he sure isn't being careful. The navy seal who got killed as well as dozens of civilians in a failed mission that caused Yemen to immediately revoke US access to their air bases and of course a war crime in Syria. Oh and let's not forget he's ordered more bombings so far then over a year with Obama as president. So please do go on about how he is a "peaceful" president.