DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

1 hour ago, nux4lyfe said:

Trying to keep illegal immigrants out is a bad idea?

Nope. But spending 25 billion dollars on a Wall to try and achieve such a thing is.

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Technically, he's just following up on what Obama started - again:

WASHINGTON — As a senator, Barack Obama once offered measured praise for the border control legislation that would become the basis for one of Donald Trump’s first acts as president.

“The bill before us will certainly do some good,” Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He praised the legislation, saying it would provide “better fences and better security along our borders” and would “help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.”

Obama was talking about the Secure Fence Act of 2006, legislation authorizing a barrier along the southern border passed into law with the support of 26 Democratic senators including party leaders like Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Chuck Schumer.

Now it’s become the legal mechanism for Trump to order construction of a wall between the United States and Mexico, attempting tomake good on a key promise from the campaign trail. Trump specifically cited the law in the first sentence of Wednesday’s executive order authorizing the wall.

The Heretic scorecard: 4 Obamas, 1 Hillary, 1 Biden and 1 Chuck Schumer to 3 Trumps.

Or in Golf speak: Par for the course.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nope. But spending 25 billion dollars on a Wall to try and achieve such a thing is.

Sure beats the hell outta laundering money to his muslim brotherhood homies, No?...creating jobs doesn't hurt either.

4 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Sure beats the hell outta laundering money to his muslim brotherhood homies, No?...creating jobs doesn't hurt either.

:huh: what?

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The Heretic scorecard: 4 Obamas, 1 Hillary, 1 Biden and 1 Chuck Schumer to 3 Trumps.

Or in Golf speak: Par for the course.

Ok, that was funny!  ::D

1 hour ago, nux4lyfe said:

Would something like creating more jobs work?

You mean creating temporary construction jobs that won't be there after the wall is completed? I'd much rather invest elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

You mean creating temporary construction jobs that won't be there after the wall is completed? I'd much rather invest elsewhere.

This. If you're going to spend 25 billion creating jobs, it should be for something that's both sustainable and useful.

The Wall is neither.

3 minutes ago, inane said:

Oh Alf. Reading the Washington times are you? 

I never heard of the "Brotherhood", so I read some articles.  Like this one too:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436783/obama-muslim-brotherhood-terrorism-radical-islam-violent-extremism

I think this is what the other poster was referring to.  

As I mentioned before the debate with another user is not about them, it's about the audience who isn't saying anything and are watching.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I never heard of the "Brotherhood", so I read some articles.  Like this one too:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436783/obama-muslim-brotherhood-terrorism-radical-islam-violent-extremism

I think this is what the other poster was referring to.  

Aren't you the guy who says don't believe anything you read?

For every article like the Washington Times, there's a Time magazine article that says this:

Clearly, Obama doesn’t support the Brotherhood over the interim government. I’d argue he probably doesn’t support the interim government over the Brotherhood, either. Obama has said time and again that only the Egyptians can decide their future. But he may want to make it clear to Egyptians that he has no ulterior motives here and no secret preferences

http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/23/does-obama-support-the-muslim-brotherhood-in-egypt/

Damn ... when you're losing big and caught making sh*t up ...  here is what you do: deflect by bringing up Hilary, Obama, Muslim brotherhood ... and here's a new one, Brady's jersey.  

1 minute ago, Neversummer said:

Damn ... when you're losing big and caught making sh*t up ...  here is what you do: deflect by bringing up Hilary, Obama, Muslim brotherhood ... and here's a new one, Brady's jersey.  

I think the plan was to auction off the Jersey for half a mil and put it toward's Trump's Wall.

You know, since Brady and Trump are such bros....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For every article like the Washington Times, there's a Time magazine article that says this:

http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/23/does-obama-support-the-muslim-brotherhood-in-egypt/

I agree.  "Believe nothing of what you hear, and 50% of what you see."  

Just now, Alflives said:

I agree.  "Believe nothing of what you hear, and 50% of what you see."  

Which is perfect, because I don't believe the Washington Times slant, but I do believe the Time Magazine version.

50%! B)

• Upvote 2

Also apropos is your statement "Believe nothing of what you hear"....since Trump's favorite way to lie is "I hear that ______" or "That's what I'm hearing"

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-queitly-sends-221-million-to-palestine-2017-1

20 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Aren't almost all construction jobs temporary?  Maybe guys/gals building the wall gain experience, allowing them to earn other building jobs - like fencing?