DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Prosecutors painted a picture of an eager young political operative who appeared to be currying favor with his superiors in the Trump campaign by repeatedly trying to set up a meeting between Trump and Putin or other senior Russian leaders. He sought himself to meet with top Russian officials, and he plied his bosses with promises that the Russians had "thousands of emails" full of "dirt" on Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Those meetings never occurred, and those emails never materialized, at least not through Papadopoulos' efforts, prosecutors said.

At one point, they said, a campaign official made it clear in an internal message that "DT" — presumably Trump — "is not doing these trips." That message should be conveyed by "someone low level in the campaign," wrote the unnamed campaign official — who suggested that ignoring Papadopoulos was a reasonable option, according to prosecutors. 

In an Aug. 21 interview with the Russian news site Gazeta, Timofeev said Papadopoulos approached him sometime in spring 2016 seeking to arrange "a visit to Russia either for Trump himself or for a member of his team 'to discuss Russia-U.S. relations.'" He said Papadopoulos represented himself as a member of the Trump campaign.

Timofeev described Papadopoulos as "an enthusiast with little experience."

"Our conversations made it clear that George was not well acquainted with the Russian foreign political landscape," Timofeev said.

"You obviously can't just go and set up a meeting with the president, for instance. Things just aren't done that way." He said he recommended some public reports and "analytical materials" for Papadopoulos to read to get up to speed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/who-george-papadopoulos-energy-expert-junior-trump-staffer-sought-be-n815826

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Toews said:

They probably took his phone away from him as well. :lol:

Didn't learn your lesson from the popular "General Kelly is turning against Trump" White House leak ...apparently.

Edited by clam linguine
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

So now that we’re done with #ManafortMonday, is everyone prepared for #TonyTuesday?

Podesta groups is pure evil and I hope they fry !

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Just playing a little ropeadope. All you Hillary lover's are wildly punching yourselves out, while we bide our time. You know what happens...

Image result for ali knocks out foreman

Ah, so you're responding with deep denial then?

I'm not a Hillary lover but I don't expect you to be able to understand anything with a shade of nuance to it. 

25 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Ah, so you're responding with deep denial then?

I'm not a Hillary lover but I don't expect you to be able to understand anything with a shade of nuance to it. 

There's nothing to deny. The feds scared a mail room kid into wearing a wire to entrap Trump's team.  It should be a laugh to see what they come up with. Pathetic move when they have collusion and pay to play staring them right in the face on the dem side. 

The Manafort charge was expected. This type of weird charge has only been levelled six times in 50 years and resulted in only one conviction. His lawyer sounds good. Listen....

Edited by clam linguine
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Sure Pence is clean.  Maybe a good evangelical cleansing is what you're looking for? Trump's too smart to get beat by these clowns though, rest easy.

Saving this for future laughter.

• Upvote 1

GOP involved too. Oh this is delicious. I wonder how many go down after all this is done? President Orrin Hatch? I could live with that.

2 hours ago, Mattrek said:

GOP involved too. Oh this is delicious. I wonder how many go down after all this is done? President Orrin Hatch? I could live with that.

Well considering you're Canadian I would hope you could live with it.:lol:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

Americans sure love them some special counsels. 

White House chief of staff calls for special counsel to probe Democrats | Article [AMP] | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-kelly/white-house-chief-of-staff-calls-for-special-counsel-to-probe-democrats-idUSKBN1D00BJ

And probing people 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Trump was innocent he wouldn't be trying so hard to discredit witnesses or go on his pathetic tweet rants, he's be giving Mueller all the resources he needed to get to the truth.

I don't think so. Trump doesn't think or behave like a normal person. Feels more like business as usual. 

Once one of his lawyers convince him to stop Twitter, then I think we're getting somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ice orca said:

I see the Trumpists are in major deflection mode..Hillary Hillary..Obama Obama.

Donny Jr. showed up to a meeting in hopes of getting hacked Russian info, which is technically attempting treason, this is all leading up to that little weasels indictment. I hope it drags out until the next US election so he can't get pardoned. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Canada Hockey Place said:

I don't think so. Trump doesn't think or behave like a normal person. Feels more like business as usual. 

Once one of his lawyers convince him to stop Twitter, then I think we're getting somewhere. 

thats his entire shtick though. without the tweety he's got nothing to get his alt-facts out. 

14 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

George Papadopoulos Was a Campaign Volunteer – All Attempts to Get Trump to Meet With Russians Were Rejected

Sure, and Manafort was a volunteer. So is Kushner. So is Trump.

Whatever spastic flailing deflection Trump or Fox News wishes to go with doesn't matter in the slightest. The charges are what is important.

Edited by Red Light Racicot
  • Upvote 1