DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

While what Al Franken did was in poor taste and he should have to deal with the blowback from it, it seems convenient in the timing of it all considering the GOP's seemingly complicit endorsement of pedophilia, and Trump being a sleazebag piece of $&!# who bragged about grabbing women by the p****.

The Republican party in the US is the most deplorable political party in operation at the present. They are devoid of even the basest moral standing.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

From what Ive read, the move is to allow the 'flow' of more money into Zimbabwe, in turn using that money for "increased conservation".  That's not exactly science, but more of a change in policy regulation. 

I understand there is difficulties in the distribution of elephants in Zimbabwe (some areas are over populated whereas some are under populated), but if you think trophy hunting somehow is the only to fix that problem, well then you are being naive. 

Softening the regulations on the ivory trade has detrimental impacts as well.  It makes it MUCH more difficult to determine if ivory is legally or illegally obtained with the increased flow of it.  But I highly doubt trophy hunters give a damn about that.

Finally, people will hate me for it but Ill say it anyways: I am a firm believer that non human animals should be rights-holders.  Elephants are a perfect example of sentient creatures that are similar to us in all the important ways that matter.  They are incredibly social, intelligent, and emotion creatures.  Hunting them for sport trivializes those basic interests WE take for granted (and hypocritically guarantee rights for the protection of). 

So yeah, not cool with this.

Never!

but where does the line end? Elephants, whales, dolphins, even pigs I would consider the "elite" of the animals but then what....all animals become rights holders....then some dogs, smart ones like boarder collies but not yellow labs?

other than that I hear you.

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

Hunting for conservation and purpose is perfectly reasonable and acceptable.

Please provide evidence that elephant hunting is for conservation.

lol.

youre seriously buying this.

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Chances are the carcass will get eaten by a multitude of scavengers.

Personally I am indifferent about hunting for trophies. If I was against it I would direct my anger towards the governing body who permits the hunters to 'legally' be able to hunt big game. I don't blame the hunters for wanting to do something that is sanctioned despite the public dislike for it.

Pssssst.

the circle of life doesn't include some pindick with a rifle and a guide/slave.

• Upvote 1

Cant believe people trophy hunt. It's such weaksauce.

Why would anyone want to sit in the elements to pull off the cowardly act of using a powerful weapon to sucker kill a defenceless creature?

Its like putting GSP's head on your wall and puffing your chest out. But when your guest asks how you beat him, you say " I waited for him to take a drink at the water fountain, then I shot him in the back of the head using my high powered scope from my perch in a far away tree, oh I was wearing all my camouflage too"

So yeah, back on topic. Trump sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

And boom goes the dynamite.

This poll isn't a surprise.  I will still be surprised though if Moore loses.

30 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Please provide evidence that elephant hunting is for conservation.

lol.

youre seriously buying 

If they are doing it for conservation and the money is used properly I have no problem with them taking wealthy people's money. End of discussion.

21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Pssssst.

the circle of life doesn't include some pindick with a rifle and a guide/slave.

Sure it does. One day lions will evolve to make guns and kill us. Give it time, that's evolution baby. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While what Al Franken did was in poor taste and he should have to deal with the blowback from it, it seems convenient in the timing of it all considering the GOP's seemingly complicit endorsement of pedophilia, and Trump being a sleazebag piece of $&!# who bragged about grabbing women by the p****.

The Republican party in the US is the most deplorable political party in operation at the present. They are devoid of even the basest moral standing.

Easy now. No taking sides. Both sides are a disgusting hot mess. Trump was a Democrat until a minute ago and the parties were switched not that long ago. Pervs are not partisan. 

46 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Never!

but where does the line end? Elephants, whales, dolphins, even pigs I would consider the "elite" of the animals but then what....all animals become rights holders....then some dogs, smart ones like boarder collies but not yellow labs?

other than that I hear you.

long story short I dont think intelligence is a necessary criteria,if that were the case the severely cognitively impaired, the old and senile and toddlers for example would have to be left out in the cold too.  I just mentioned it because it is one of the many qualities of our well being we respect, but probably a topic best left for another day.........

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Chances are the carcass will get eaten by a multitude of scavengers.

Personally I am indifferent about hunting for trophies. If I was against it I would direct my anger towards the governing body who permits the hunters to 'legally' be able to hunt big game. I don't blame the hunters for wanting to do something that is sanctioned despite the public dislike for it.

That's just a way to justify killing whatever you want for whatever reason you want. Get real.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

This poll isn't a surprise.  I will still be surprised though if Moore loses.

At minimum though you have to agree at this point that 1) the race has moved towards Jones and 2) It's a tossup at best for the GOP. All 3 ratings outfits have the race at either toss up or Lean D (Sabato).

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

In the Franken picture, he does not actually touch the soldier, does he?

I don't think she is a soldier

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

In the Franken picture, he does not actually touch the soldier, does he?

It's much more proof of wrong doing than against Trump, Menendez, Moore, Spacey etc... Not touching does not make it okay.