DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

More #winning from the Trump administration: (If, like Trump fans, you consider a drop from 1st to 6th a "win" :rolleyes:)

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-replaces-us-as-country-with-best-international-image/a-41407751

Germany has replaced the US as the country with the best "brand image," according to a new study of 50 countries released Thursday.

The Nation Brands Index (NBI) survey, carried out by German-based market research firm GfK and the British political consultant Simon Anholt, measured public opinion around the world on "the power and quality of each country's 'brand image.'"

Germany moved up to first place after coming in second in 2016. The US dropped from top to sixth, with France, Britain, Canada and Japan taking spots two to five.

I wonder if Conrad Black saw this before posting his obviously biased (and incorrect) opinion?

The Liar-in-chief strikes again, patting himself on the back for a phantom accomplishment:

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/11/factchecking-trumps-business-boasts/

As President Donald Trump listed the accomplishments of his trip to Asia, one example remains a mystery.

“Vietnam is ordering at least $12 billion worth of Boeings. And I think they were going a different route. But now they’re going the route of ordering from us,” Trump said, while summing up some of the accomplishments of his Asian tour before leaving the Philippines.

Curiously, though, no such deal can be found on the Boeing website, where such major deals are usually announced.

We reached out to the White House press office for clarification, but did not hear back.

A Boeing spokesman told us it’s possible the president may have been referring to future sales. However, he declined to comment on what future orders might look like, saying Boeing never comments on discussions it is having with its customers.

Even if there are discussions underway for future deals, nothing has been finalized to the point where the president could claim “Vietnam is ordering at least $12 billion worth of Boeings.”

He also felt the need (once again) to try and boost his own image by telling yet another lie about his predecessor:

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/11/trumps-bizarre-plane-story/

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

More #winning from the Trump administration: (If, like Trump fans, you consider a drop from 1st to 6th a "win" :rolleyes:)

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-replaces-us-as-country-with-best-international-image/a-41407751

I wonder if Conrad Black saw this before posting his obviously biased (and incorrect) opinion?

A German based marketing firm ranked Germany #1? That seems about right. In other news, America still thinks America is #1

• Like 1

What a stud!!  :lol:

Dem candidate faces resignation calls after boasting of 'hayloft' romp, sex with 50 women

Ohio Democratic gubernatorial candidate Bill O’Neill is facing calls from his rivals to resign from the state Supreme Court after he boasted, unprovoked, in a viral Facebook post this week that he’s had sexual relationships with at least 50 women in his life. 

“Sexual harassment, degrading and devaluing women is not a joke,” tweeted Democratic candidate, Nan Whaley. “Justice O’Neill should resign.”

View image on Twitter

"As an attorney I'm appalled at these remarks of @billforohio, a Justice, as a democrat I'm horrified he would belittle victims of sexual harassment/assault this way and as a woman I'm outraged he would equate sexual assault with indiscretion. He should resign immediately," former U.S. Rep. Betty Sutton, who is also running for governor, said Friday.

O’Neill’s sexcapade diary was in response to the Al Franken scandal, and included a hayloft romp with a "gorgeous blonde" and a fling with a "red head from Cleveland." 

“Now that the dogs of war are calling for the head of Senator Al Franken I believe it is time to speak up on behalf of all heterosexual males,” O’Neill posted on Facebook. “As a candidate for Governor let me save my opponents some research time.”

O’Neill went on to say: “In the last fifty years I was sexually intimate with approximately 50 very attractive females. It ranged from a gorgeous blonde who was my first true love and we made passionate love in the hayloft of her parent’s barn and ended with a drop dead gorgeous red head from Cleveland.” 

According to Cleveland.com, the initial version of the post provided more specific information about the women in question. 

The post was met with a cascade of stunned criticism, with users offering commentary ranging from "Mother of God" to "What did I just read" to "Dear god please tell me your facebook account was hacked."

The candidate apparently later deleted the more personal information about the women, responding to commenters: "Hey I do listen. I have deleted all references to the women involved. That was disrespectful." 

But he defended his post in an interview with Cleveland.com, while also defending Franken and Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing claims of sexual misconduct from multiple women. 

"Roy Moore apparently seems to be a challenged individual when it comes to morality," O'Neill reportedly said. "I think that's very, very clear. He's been convicted of nothing and he's never had the opportunity to defend himself and that violates due process in America. The media is about to determine the election of a United States Senate campaign."

But it was the groping allegations against Democratic Sen. Franken that apparently prompted the post, which the Ohio candidate concluded with a pivot back to legislative issues.

“Now can we get back to discussing legalizing marijuana and opening the state hospital network to combat the opioid crisis. I am sooooo disappointed by this national feeding frenzy about sexual indiscretions decades ago,” he wrote. 

A spokesperson for the Ohio Democratic Party told Fox News that O’Neill’s post added “nothing” to the important national conversation about sexual harassment.

“We’re having a serious national conversation about rape culture and sexual harassment, and it’s crucial for men to take time to listen to women and consider their experiences and insights,” Ohio Democratic Party spokeswoman Kirstin Alvanitakis told Fox News. “Unfortunately, Justice O’Neill’s Facebook comments that dehumanize women add nothing to this important conversation, which is actually about harassment and abuse, not encounters between consenting adults.”

O’Neill is one candidate in a crowded Democratic primary field in the race to replace Republican Gov. John Kasich. There are currently five Democrats and four Republicans who have announced their gubernatorial bids. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/18/dem-candidate-faces-resignation-calls-after-boasting-hayloft-romp-sex-with-50-women.html

6 minutes ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

A German based marketing firm ranked Germany #1? That seems about right. In other news, America still thinks America is #1

Of course they do:

1st world Gun deaths? #1

Mass shootings? #1

1st world blanket immigration bans? #1

Criticism of overseas territories after natural disasters? #1

Lying from their president? #1

Climate Change denial? #1

Income inequality? #1

It's all well and good to criticize a German study that ranks Germany #1, but it certainly doesn't explain the USA's drop to number 6. Personally, I think the ranking are bang on.

BTW: The study was a joint effort between researchers form Germany and the UK, and the people polled were a cross section of citizens from many countries, but it comes as no surprise that the best rebuttal Trump fans can come up with is "Fake news"....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Dem candidate faces resignation calls after boasting of 'hayloft' romp, sex with 50 women

Ohio Democratic gubernatorial candidate Bill O’Neill is facing calls from his rivals to resign from the state Supreme Court after he boasted, unprovoked, in a viral Facebook post this week that he’s had sexual relationships with at least 50 women in his life. 

“Sexual harassment, degrading and devaluing women is not a joke,” tweeted Democratic candidate, Nan Whaley. “Justice O’Neill should resign.”

View image on Twitter

"As an attorney I'm appalled at these remarks of @billforohio, a Justice, as a democrat I'm horrified he would belittle victims of sexual harassment/assault this way and as a woman I'm outraged he would equate sexual assault with indiscretion. He should resign immediately," former U.S. Rep. Betty Sutton, who is also running for governor, said Friday.

O’Neill’s sexcapade diary was in response to the Al Franken scandal, and included a hayloft romp with a "gorgeous blonde" and a fling with a "red head from Cleveland." 

“Now that the dogs of war are calling for the head of Senator Al Franken I believe it is time to speak up on behalf of all heterosexual males,” O’Neill posted on Facebook. “As a candidate for Governor let me save my opponents some research time.”

O’Neill went on to say: “In the last fifty years I was sexually intimate with approximately 50 very attractive females. It ranged from a gorgeous blonde who was my first true love and we made passionate love in the hayloft of her parent’s barn and ended with a drop dead gorgeous red head from Cleveland.” 

According to Cleveland.com, the initial version of the post provided more specific information about the women in question. 

The post was met with a cascade of stunned criticism, with users offering commentary ranging from "Mother of God" to "What did I just read" to "Dear god please tell me your facebook account was hacked."

The candidate apparently later deleted the more personal information about the women, responding to commenters: "Hey I do listen. I have deleted all references to the women involved. That was disrespectful." 

But he defended his post in an interview with Cleveland.com, while also defending Franken and Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing claims of sexual misconduct from multiple women. 

"Roy Moore apparently seems to be a challenged individual when it comes to morality," O'Neill reportedly said. "I think that's very, very clear. He's been convicted of nothing and he's never had the opportunity to defend himself and that violates due process in America. The media is about to determine the election of a United States Senate campaign."

But it was the groping allegations against Democratic Sen. Franken that apparently prompted the post, which the Ohio candidate concluded with a pivot back to legislative issues.

“Now can we get back to discussing legalizing marijuana and opening the state hospital network to combat the opioid crisis. I am sooooo disappointed by this national feeding frenzy about sexual indiscretions decades ago,” he wrote. 

A spokesperson for the Ohio Democratic Party told Fox News that O’Neill’s post added “nothing” to the important national conversation about sexual harassment.

“We’re having a serious national conversation about rape culture and sexual harassment, and it’s crucial for men to take time to listen to women and consider their experiences and insights,” Ohio Democratic Party spokeswoman Kirstin Alvanitakis told Fox News. “Unfortunately, Justice O’Neill’s Facebook comments that dehumanize women add nothing to this important conversation, which is actually about harassment and abuse, not encounters between consenting adults.”

O’Neill is one candidate in a crowded Democratic primary field in the race to replace Republican Gov. John Kasich. There are currently five Democrats and four Republicans who have announced their gubernatorial bids. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/18/dem-candidate-faces-resignation-calls-after-boasting-hayloft-romp-sex-with-50-women.html

Guy is a friggin’ Moron.  

• Upvote 1

These are serious issues and what O'Neill said trivializes sexual harassment and is shockingly tone deaf.

He deserves everything that's coming at him right now.

That said, I did get a chuckle out of one portion:

"It ranged from a gorgeous personal secretary to Senator Bob Taft (Senior) who was my first true love, and we made passionate love in the hayloft"

Not sure if he intended to suggest he'd had a homosexual romp in a hayloft with the late Senator's corpse (Taft Sr. died in '53).

• Upvote 3

It's funny how many former conservatives are becoming woke these days. Reagan domestic policy advisor:

On 11/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Trump is already the most successful U.S. President since Ronald Reagan - Conrad Black

Interesting read.   I can already guess who will respond pro and con but this appears to me to be a fairly balanced summary.

So this guy claims Trump has done more in one year then Reagan did in not one, not two, but EIGHT years, and you're just going to nod along thinking ''Yeah that's perfectly reasonable''

Edited by Red Light Racicot
  • Upvote 4

Alabama pastor supporting Moore: 'More women are sexual predators than men

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/361060-alabama-pastor-supporting-moore-more-women-are-sexual-predators-than-men

An Alabama pastor who supports Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) blasted the allegations of sexual harassment against Moore, saying they’re part of a “war on men.”

"More women are sexual predators than men," Pastor Franklin Raddish told AL.com. "Women are chasing young boys up and down the road, but we don't hear about that because it's not PC."

The news organization spoke to Raddish as part of an effort to speak with every pastor that endorsed Moore before the allegations against him were made public. Nineteen of the 29 pastors who responded told AL.com they were still supporting Moore.

Dozens of other Alabama pastors signed on to a letter released Friday calling Moore unfit for office and accusing him of preaching “extremist values” while comparing him to politicians who have “cynically used Christianity for their own goals.”

The letter also takes aim at Moore for the sexual misconduct allegations against him, saying his actions serve to "reopen the wounds of anyone who has been abused by leaders who should have been committed to compassion, to justice, and to healing God's world."

Multiple women have accused Moore of sexual misconduct in recent weeks, including one woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 and another who said Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14 and he was in his 30s.

Moore has repeatedly denied the allegations, calling them politically motivated, and has resisted calls for him to drop out of the race from multiple prominent Republicans. 

14 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/361060-alabama-pastor-supporting-moore-more-women-are-sexual-predators-than-men

An Alabama pastor who supports Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) blasted the allegations of sexual harassment against Moore, saying they’re part of a “war on men.”

"More women are sexual predators than men," Pastor Franklin Raddish told AL.com. "Women are chasing young boys up and down the road, but we don't hear about that because it's not PC."

The news organization spoke to Raddish as part of an effort to speak with every pastor that endorsed Moore before the allegations against him were made public. Nineteen of the 29 pastors who responded told AL.com they were still supporting Moore.

Dozens of other Alabama pastors signed on to a letter released Friday calling Moore unfit for office and accusing him of preaching “extremist values” while comparing him to politicians who have “cynically used Christianity for their own goals.”

The letter also takes aim at Moore for the sexual misconduct allegations against him, saying his actions serve to "reopen the wounds of anyone who has been abused by leaders who should have been committed to compassion, to justice, and to healing God's world."

Multiple women have accused Moore of sexual misconduct in recent weeks, including one woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 and another who said Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14 and he was in his 30s.

Moore has repeatedly denied the allegations, calling them politically motivated, and has resisted calls for him to drop out of the race from multiple prominent Republicans. 

hahaha

oh boy this really passes the smell test

let's all attend these churches so the pastors there can provide us with real leadership

You really can't make this sh*t up!!  :lol:  Drain the Swamp!!

An Ohio lawmaker has resigned after reportedly being caught having sex with another man in his office.

State Representative and married Republican Wes Goodman is known for his anti-LGBT stance, but was confronted with evidence of the encounter, which reportedly happened weeks ago.

In a statement to the Dispatch earlier this week, House Speaker Cliff Rosenberg said: “I was alerted to details yesterday afternoon regarding his involvement in inappropriate behaviour related to his state office.”

“I met with him later in the day where he acknowledged and confirmed the allegations. It became clear that his resignation was the most appropriate course of action for him, his family, the constituents of the 87th House District and this institution.”

42 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Add another one to the moron list.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

"Moron" is far too kind a label.

True enough.  I think a lot of us here have strong political views, which often differ from one to another, but with these "morons" we all agree.  Remove them from influence.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Red Light Racicot said:

So this guy claims Trump has done more in one year then Reagan did in not one, not two, but EIGHT years, and you're just going to nod along thinking ''Yeah that's perfectly reasonable''

Who is nodding along saying that is it perfectly reasonable?   I simply said it was an interesting read that appeared somewhat more balanced than most.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Who is nodding along saying that is it perfectly reasonable?   I simply said it was an interesting read that appeared somewhat more balanced than most.   

I do intend to read the article so that I can give a full, critical analysis of it....but to be frank, just seeing who wrote it makes me question it's objectivity and accuracy.

7 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

View image on Twitter

So.. .he's being wide open about his past as a political candidate?

Oh no...

<_<

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So.. .he's being wide open about his past as a political candidate?

Oh no...

<_<

I don't know; there's being honest and then there's being honest to a degree that makes me question your maturity. I consider my sexual history a bit more notable than average but I think you lose quite a bit of dignity if you start listing it off in that manner....especially if you're up for public office. 

Basically to me, he's coming off like a 16 year old desperate to claim he got some and glossing over the fact that no one's sexual history should include grabbing an unconscious woman's boobs.*

*Unless of course she's into that and you had a conversation about consent beforehand B)

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Upvote 1