DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

42 minutes ago, luckylager said:

This^^

Is absolutely disgusting. An utter disgrace of humanity from the "land of the free". It hurts my soul reading about the abduction and imprisonment of innocent children.

If Canada ever pulls a bull$&!# fascist move like these neo-nazi wannabe Yanks I would be freaking the &^@# out.

It's disgusting and totally immoral. The people in charge of this program and those enforcing it should be hung. 

Dude, land of the free indeed:  

The ad hoc procedures the government has created to respond to this judicial decree has offered proof that it never intended for families to be brought back together. On Wednesday, Democratic members of the House Judiciary presented further such evidence. Ranking member Jerrold Nadler—along with Reps. Elijah Cummings and Bennie Thompson—released a joint statement saying that the Trump administration told them there had been no plan to reunite the children prior to the judicial order by Judge Sabraw last month.

“[During a Wednesday meeting], Trump Administration officials made a startling confession—they had no interagency plan in place to reunite children with their parents when Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced President Trump’s ‘zero tolerance’ policy in April,” the trio of Congressman announced on Thursday. “Even if they believed their new policy was the right one, how could they have been so heartless not to have planned to reunite these children with their parents?”

This is a question that should haunt this country for years: Did our government plan to make effective orphans of thousands of children who came here with loving parents?

It appears that, yes, they did. The following is heavily conspiracy theory based, but where do a bunch of little children disappear to when the RNC troll talking point since inauguration has been pizza parlour child sex rings run by the Clintons? Party of projection again?

Harvey had no evidence beyond Q's little 4chan buddies, meanwhile kids are disappearing right before our eyes and it makes you wonder: where the &^@# are they?

Dear America - 

We're sorry you &^@#ed up so badly and in true Canadian fashion, we really want to help you out. But there's a catch. We'll only take some of you.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

We'll also happily take the children you've imprisoned and their parents, so they can be together and bring forth, to the great white north all the beauty they contain.

I'd also love to invite all the Bernie supporters and anyone else who genuinely needs us. We're not perfect by any stretch, but you can help to make us even better.

We're sorry

10 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Dude, land of the free indeed:  

It appears that, yes, they did. The following is heavily conspiracy theory based, but where do a bunch of little children disappear to when the RNC troll talking point since inauguration has been pizza parlour child sex rings run by the Clintons? Party of projection again?

Harvey had no evidence beyond Q's little 4chan buddies, meanwhile kids are disappearing right before our eyes and it makes you wonder: where the &^@# are they?

Ohhh &^@# dude.

Harsh toke.

Sadness fills my heart 

I try to avoid this thread and reading anything about the USA lately. 

As a father of two, I'm heartbroken for those parents and kids. Our government needs to stand up and bring those families here. What the US is doing is criminal and unforgiveable

On 2018-07-18 at 7:42 PM, Warhippy said:

Looked back, WAY back.  Didn't see you whining about Harpers deficits and 150+ billion.

Only true Dough's

Criticize Trudeaus blunders but if you don't call out the massive deficit spending by the former government of your own country than it seems stupid to complain about it under new management.  But I guess the Truedough obsession lives eh?

Oh I guess you once again forgot about that pesky global recession. You know that same recession that you defend Obama for adding more debt than any other US President. 

Not surprised.

On 2018-07-18 at 6:51 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If I chose to post in the rag on JT thread then my feelings on Canada's deficit would have been clear.  

I chose to post in only one %#%@%@ show.  

So here is how I feel about the $30 billion.   

IT

IS

NEGATIVE

JUST

HARPER'S 

$55 BILLION 

DEFICIT. 

THEY 

ARE

BOTH 

BAD 

Is that good enough for ya.

Didn't even know you were familiar with PM's in Canada. Where do you find the time?

:lol:

Btw like I told Hippy don't forgot the global recession Harper governed through.

Edited by Ryan Strome

On 2018-07-18 at 6:36 PM, Mattrek said:

More like Trump obsession for you.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Oh I guess you once again forgot about that pesky global recession. You know that same recession that you defend Obama for adding more debt than any other US President. 

Not surprised.

Only way to compare debt levels is by percentage. Because the absolute numbers just keep getting bigger. Making real totals meaningless.

Reagan added 186% to the debt in 8 years

Bush Sr added 44% in 4 years

Clinton added 34% in 8 years

Bush Jr added 101% in 8 years

Obama added 69% in 8 years.

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Ohhh &^@# dude.

Harsh toke.

Sadness fills my heart 

I try to avoid this thread and reading anything about the USA lately. 

As a father of two, I'm heartbroken for those parents and kids. Our government needs to stand up and bring those families here. What the US is doing is criminal and unforgiveable

I feel ya, lag-dog. Not trying to harsh your buzz here, but there's some under the table stuff happening in the US. Just to clarify, I'm not outright claiming they're being sold into sex slavery, ok? But when senators/legislators are being turned away from ICE detention camps you start to wonder why. Who is keeping count? I get that the US isn't running an immigrant day care center, but why are staff being instructed NOT to console infants and children who are sitting on floors of these places devoid of their mothers (can't find the article for this, will look again upon request)? That's complete BS, yet the GOP defends it. I try to keep up to date on the goings on so I'm not entirely out of the loop when it comes up in face-to-face conversations with pro-Trump supporters that I've met right here on Vancouver Island. It's not conservatives I argue with, but Trump's lapdogs. Most of their talking points are Fox News based and easy to debunk, but it still requires being informed.  

On 2018-07-18 at 6:20 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

As long as their shareholders are the people who need a boost, that is great - the problem is, those who most need money are seldom shareholders.

c3e3aad0b160209820d40f07285782fd.jpg

I kind of agree with that cartoon but it makes you wonder why governments do it. I mean there is far more average people than rich people.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I kind of agree with that cartoon but it makes you wonder why governments do it. I mean there is far more average people than rich people.

Ah, but that is the rub....there are more average people than anything else and that is who votes and are close enough, in their minds, to being potentially "rich" they will support such measures.   The poor are marginalized in so many ways and certainly don't vote enough, don't have enough votes and certainly have few candidates that even give a rat's behind about them.   

The best thing any government can do for people who are below an acceptable level of living is to give those who can work a job (or the tools to get a job) and those who cannot work, give them dignity and sufficient support that doesn't with a stigma of them feeling like they are somehow a drain on society.   Those of us lucky enough to have far more than we will ever need have to stop wanting more and more and push all levels of government to create both employment opportunities and stronger social safety nets.   At the same time, making sure such governments come down hard and without patience for those who can work and simply choose not to as they find societal support preferable to contributing....those seem to be a growing percentage of society and a worrisome lot...many of whom protest the very means by which they demand support from.

• Upvote 2